Joe Budden - Touch & Go (1st Single Off "Padded Room")

Finally listened
laugh.gif

First off the what he's spitting > that generic beat ...come on this is "Mr.Pump it Up"

Buddens has to have better access to beats than that....if you gon make a club track, the beat gotta knock. Thats gotta be rule #1 or 2...
you right.i just heard 3-5 beats let ALONE today from these dude's who got crazier for him...Joey need to get more out there,its harder tomake that one crazy club single then the deep !*!+ and i know he got it in him

Sure he does do the deep records better, but his club records are not wack. I'll say a good 3/4's of his club songs are bangers and the rest are weak.
Yeah, that's what I'm sayin tho....those few give people a reason to hate.

Cause you can't find any wack street or deep tracks he's done.

Trashmatic.

I was just starting to get into dudes music and he reminds me why I don't check for him like that...He couldn't make a commercial/party joint if hislife depended on it.

This is going to get pitty plays on local radio and fade into Bolivia....Terrible beat, no dance, no standout lyrics, nothing catchy, annoying hook, no guestartist/R&B singer...damn Joe
smh.gif

Its hard to listen to that joint the whole way through.

i think he should move more towards releasing a street single. if he could link up w/ the runners w/ a catchy hook it would be dope.
I always thought thats the route he had to come back out, thought that if the casual audience heard him come back after a hiatus with another'just for the club' record, they would just be like
grin.gif
...but MM3had enough buzz to calm that a little.

Buddens verse on that 'Whip Game Proper' Remix was
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
, thats what I need to hear him back on, somethin like that....that beat fit him perfect.

This joint sound like a NBA 2K menu track...
laugh.gif

Son needs to act like he never made this and drop a hard street single with a classic beat and a real hip-hop hook. Something where he stirs up a littlecontroversy, spits about some current events and flexes his lyrical muscles...THIS JOINT IS GOING TO CREATE ZERO BUZZ FOR HIM.

^its just a digital album release tho, not even on no independent-Koch %#+*. Its not like this is his major-label comeback joint...it was released today andalready got spins on Hot97. So in that aspect, its prolly gonna do what he wants it to do...

And why did he stop jacking peoples beats and violating them? He needs to satrt making his own remix tracks to whatever song is at the moment.

That's what everyone else does, thats how he can really catch people ears. Not this garbage.

Take all of them hot Jeezy/Rick Ross/Timbo/ Kanye beats...zone out for a week...and go in. He would propel his self right back into the attention of themainstream listener.

And why has he stopped jacking peoples beats and violating them or making his own remix tracks to whatever song is at the moment?
Been there, done that....he's 27 or 28 now...I'ma guess that he figures that didn't work the first time around...mixtapes aren'twhat they used to be...so he's probably tryin to focus on makin songs at this point.

That's not a bad avenue to go still. I'm not disagreeing.

Im rooting for dude though. He could be a breath of fresh air to the game if his work gets the proper push... just don't think this joint is helping hiscause any.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Its missing something cant put my finger on it.

The beat needs a louder thump or bang to it.

I dunno I gotta listen a couple times.

Word. Feels like Pump It Up lite.

I'm taking this for what it is and I'm actually feeling it in that regard. Someone needs to remaster the beat though. Add some harder Bass.

I'm not in the mood to ever hear this track again.

Good points abeautifulhaze...I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif

Son needs to act like he never made this and drop a hard street single with a classic beat and a real hip-hop hook. Something where he stirs up a little controversy, spits about some current events and flexes his lyrical muscles...THIS JOINT IS GOING TO CREATE ZERO BUZZ FOR HIM.

laugh.gif
it does sound like a NBA 2k menu track...this is actually going tomake dudes be like
eyes.gif

this is the same dude who made one of my favorite singles of all time & picked one of the craziest beats i ever heard in my life "Focus" andthen this?
smh.gif
he need to and better go holla at Dub-B for a banger
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

haha....so on point....

I bet Joe fans are feeling mighty dissapointed/deserted at the moment.

sons beat selection is worse than NAS

After listening to this song a few more times today, it's really not that bad. Better than most club stuff out now. Like I said earlier he needs someone tore-master the beat and add heavier bass and maybe make it a little more intricate. Timbo would be perfect (like he could afford that...). Not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom