JOELL ORTIZ SPEAKS...... "IOVINE DON'T WANT ME ON AFTERMATH"

HERE WE GO
indifferent.gif
smfh

I figured something like this would happen. Joell dont make the kind of music they want to put out. I hope they atleast let him go while he still got that firein him.

^I dont even think its that...its just that they dont play right at Aftermath, you see what happens with rap artists over there. What rapper w/o a co-sign thathas been able to drop over there? Joell has garnered more buzz than any artist they've signed post G-Unit on his music alone, and they even treating himskeetchy.

I heard 50 Cent speak somewhat negatively on Joell (because of course lyrics aint what matter to dude), if you aint got a 50 or Em co-sign, Aftermath aint itfor you...

indifferent.gif
@ Interscope! How you gonna drop Joell and release a bum likeSoulja Boy? Maybe Jimmy Ionine really is the devil
devil.gif
. This is one reasonwhy NaS said hip hop is dead!

aftermath is da grave yard for realz......and da fact that no one wants to take a chance on a real lyricist is sad.....they rather play it safe and put outsoulija boy
smh.gif
smh.gif

The same Jimmy Iovine who signed Soulja Boy to a recording deal figures...............

Joell would have been a perfect dude to shine on a label like Rawkus back in the day

You dudes wildin'. You know exactly why Iovine doesn't want Ortiz on Aftermath and it all has to do with $$$$$$$$$. Interscope is coming off a stringof flops and they don't want any part of a act who they don't think they can market. We can sit behind the computer and complain about Joey and JoellOrtiz not getting a release date but we're not the one investing millions into an artist. No one wants to lose millions in the industry or lose any type ofmoney. Why do ya'll think Loud Records and Rawkus are out of business now? I think Joell Ortiz would've had great success in the 90's but in an erawhere internet piracy dominates he's just another casualty.

^of course it has to do with money, nobody said it wasnt... thats why I said if you aint got an Em or 50 co-sign dont go there. As fans, why the hell should webe looking from that perspective anyway? The game is so f'ed up now its crazy...

What these dudes dont understand is what they think has the best opportunity to sell aint selling. Joell Ortiz dropped an independent album on Koch that aintsell that much less than that Shop Boyz +*%@. What did Hurricane Chris sell? These N's aint sellin...Jimmy Iovine should step back and let Dre do what hevisioned for Joell when he did all that to signed him. Jimmy wouldnt be +*%@ on the hiphop scene if not for Dre, and since obviously Dre whats he's doingmore than Jimmy, he need to step back let him do what he do...

I always knew Aftermath was a graveyard just like Def Jam n its not even official if you sign to Interscope cuz Curtis knockin the hustle of mad rappers. Itsgettin to the point where Bad Boy is a good look cuz you kno Diddy will rape you for atleast 2 albums.

There aint no more good labels to sign to and get promotion.
tired.gif

smokin.gif

Oh, I mean, I've heard his name. I've seen his picture in magazines. I've just never been inspired to actively seek out anything with him on it.I'm not saying if someone stepped into my car and stuck his CD in my system, I would hit eject and toss it out the window like I did my boys Omillio Sparksmixtape. I just have never had any real interest in going out of my way to find his music.

Shouldn't it say something about an artist who apparently has ALL sorts of buzz, yet the average avid hip hop fan has never stumbled upon any of his work?Maybe he's not as hot as y'all think he is?
ohwell.gif

Its just as much our faults, you can't blame Jimmy Iovine, why get mad at a businessman if he's concerned with getting money?? Its the fans, as Ialways say hip hop needs the fans of the mid 90s back, when the Lost Boyz was goin gold, Boot Camp releases was selling 300 to 500K each time out, I know allthem people didn't die . . . if the labels know what's good for business they need to find a way to get those people back in tune with hip hop

You can't blame artist that sell mega units, in the past 7 years there's been less then 5 hip hop albums push 6 7 mill, just as throughout the 90sthere was prolly 6 or 7, the only difference now is there is no middle ground, more dudes goin platinum then they're goin gold, cause today either you sella mill plus or you pushing under 300K . . . NO middle ground, and that goes hand in hand with the content of the music, there's no middle ground.

Its like Big's debut went 3x Platinum between its release and his death, but it came in the charts at around #15, that's not even a posibility now, hiphop is a business, look at KC and how many non hip hop ventures Jay was involved in, look at Curtis and Pontiac . . . Dudes used to market there album up untilthere next release, now you got about 3 weeks, if you aint lookin good on the charts, you back on the bench . . . Artists and fans gotta take back control. Its3 sides, the TIs, the artist, and the fans . . .

That makes no sense...you need to clean up your definition of 'nice' at least cuz it dont fit right there... And obviously you not the person to checkfor non-mainstream rap (east-coast anyway) cuz if that was the case his music woulda been unavoidable, he's he's at the forefront of that right now.

But if your a person who only listen to whats shoved at you, then its easy to not have heard his music cuz he hasnt had a mainstream push.

^ who's that directed at? Me?

If so, then maybe I'm not the person to check for non-mainstream-east coast rap. Though I'm from new york... and I listen to as much or more music ingeneral than the next man. Like I said, I know who he is. He just hasn't made his way onto my iPod. and you can say what you want... but again, if he wasas HOT as you claim he is, he would be unavoidable. To date, I've managed to avoid him pretty easily and I must say I've stayed fairly comfortable andat ease doing so.

When Budden, Lupe, X, etc broke out I couldn't turn anywhere without hearing dudes and having them shoved in my face. Hell, you want me to go lessmainstream? Saigon, Papoose, Immortal Technique... dudes were everywhere! West Coast? Blu & Exile... if an artist's hot, sooner or later his musiccrosses your path, even if it's through NT, radio, or a friend.

Sure I've been hearing Joell's name for the past two years or so. He was even on a magazine cover recently. But again, if he's THAT hot where ishe? Go check BX, tell me how many Joell mixtapes or loosies you see floating around.

psh.

He's at the forefront of non-mainstream rap? You really think that?

Originally Posted by AK Nako

^ who's that directed at? Me?

If so, then maybe I'm not the person to check for non-mainstream-east coast rap. Though I'm from new york... and I listen to as much or more music in general than the next man. Like I said, I know who he is. He just hasn't made his way onto my iPod. and you can say what you want... but again, if he was as HOT as you claim he is, he would be unavoidable. To date, I've managed to avoid him pretty easily and I must say I've stayed fairly comfortable and at ease doing so.

When Budden, Lupe, X, etc broke out I couldn't turn anywhere without hearing dudes and having them shoved in my face. Hell, you want me to go less mainstream? Saigon, Papoose, Immortal Technique... dudes were everywhere! West Coast? Blu & Exile... if an artist's hot, sooner or later his music crosses your path, even if it's through NT, radio, or a friend.

Sure I've been hearing Joell's name for the past two years or so. He was even on a magazine cover recently. But again, if he's THAT hot where is he? Go check BX, tell me how many Joell mixtapes or loosies you see floating around.

psh.

He's at the forefront of non-mainstream rap? You really think that?

\He's at the forefront of non-mainstream rap? You really think that?

East Coast
As far as east coast like I stated, yes he is. He was on the cover of XXL for such, others see the same. When I said non-mainstream, I meantup-and-coming artists btw, which explained why I said "he hasnt recieved a mainstream push".

But again, if he's THAT hot where is he? Go check BX, tell me how many Joell mixtapes or loosies you see floating around.
go check it then lol, I be on there...Joell's "The Brick" album/mixtape was more popular on the net (if you wanna judge by that)than any Pap or Sai mixtape this year early (thats honestly the truth too btw, and rock with both those artists alot), and the majority of internet-popularalbums/etc. Its funny you say that cuz just today I stumbled across that 'Who The F*** Is Joell Ortiz' mixtape on the front page of RN.

And dont blow what I say out of proportion, Im not sayin he's 50 Cent in 02, dont get all that twisted, you the one keep using term hot, I said he'sNICE, (tho he prolly right now is more "hot" than Pap, who you mentioned)...but when dudes ask who's the best artists coming up out that regionright now, his name pops up 95% right now.

Sure I've been hearing Joell's name for the past two years or so.... dudes were everywhere! West Coast? Blu & Exile... if an artist's hot, sooner or later his music crosses your path, even if it's through NT, radio, or a friend.
see, Blu & Exile, the name seems familar, but I have no idea who the hell they are. Why? Cuz I dont check for what poppin out there (unlessits a N' thats really bubblin). Its prolly the same with you and Joell. You mention Sai, Pap, Immortial Technique (lol), he has songs with all of theserappers so, I mean....and these dudes been on for years, I first heard of Sai in like 02, Pap close to the same, Immortial Technique is like 40. Joellobviously has a bigger buzz than the I.T, and is on the same level of a Sai & Pap right now.

And I agree wit what Nay ^^^^ sayin, thats what I was tryna to say...

If you rely on Niketalk and Boxden to give u musical tastes you're lost . If you are into as much Hip Hop as you claim to be , then you would be up on hismusic .

Back
Top Bottom