John Elliott + Co Thread

Reigning Champ, Wing&Horns, Kith, tiny Supreme/Noah are the big ones for me
18 East
Engineered Garments / Nepenthes NY
Ronin Division
Aime Leon Dore
Noah NY

Appreciate it. I'll check them out. I'm a fan of JE (never retail though, so overpriced), but sometimes I need a little more pop to my clothes as well as a bit more formal yet casual clothing. JE is very casual, but they have ventured into making some things like cardigans and sweaters. Big fan of the overall quality and feel of their clothes.

I do like what they do with their dyes and stuff, but they make it sound like its developed in a NASA lab to charge $500. I just wait for the big sales.

I'll add Acne Studios to both your lists too. I like their stuff as well.

Appreciate it. I'll check them out. I'm a fan of JE (never retail though, so overpriced), but sometimes I need a little more pop to my clothes as well as a bit more formal yet casual clothing. JE is very casual, but they have ventured into making some things like cardigans and sweaters. Big fan of the overall quality and feel of their clothes.

I do like what they do with their dyes and stuff, but they make it sound like its developed in a NASA lab to charge $500. I just wait for the big sales.

I'll add Acne Studios to both your lists too. I like their stuff as well.
Aime Leon Dore and JE are at the top for me.

Been just buying the garment dyed french terry hoodies from JCrew recently. Not the same quality as JE obviously, but they are solid enough to me, and you can get them for $40-50 with their sales. Some decent colors and patterns too.

Last edited:
Been just buying the garment dyed french terry hoodies from JCrew recently. Not the same quality as JE obviously, but they are solid enough to me, and you can get them for $40-50 with their sales. Some decent colors and patters too.

I grabbed a Wings + Horns hoodie on super discount, like $45 down from $180, and its pretty nice. I love hoodies and always looking for new options. Nicest material one I have is probably my UniformLA sand pullover. Best cut for me, has been the JE Beach Hoodie (I like the small wristbands and lightweight hood). W+H is pretty good in all aspects, but is pretty slim.

I grabbed a Wings + Horns hoodie on super discount, like $45 down from $180, and its pretty nice. I love hoodies and always looking for new options. Nicest material one I have is probably my UniformLA sand pullover. Best cut for me, has been the JE Beach Hoodie (I like the small wristbands and lightweight hood). W+H is pretty good in all aspects, but is pretty slim.

Do you own a Villain? How do those compare to the Villain. Trying to find hoodies that are similarly made as the Villain, but not as slim and without the side zips. Don't think I own a hoodie better than the Villain in terms of quality, but side zips and slim fitting are a bit out there for casual wear. Crazy how quick things change lol.

Do you own a Villain? How do those compare to the Villain. Trying to find hoodies that are similarly made as the Villain, but not as slim and without the side zips. Don't think I own a hoodie better than the Villain in terms of quality, but side zips and slim fitting are a bit out there for casual wear. Crazy how quick things change lol.

I don't have a villain, but I've always heard they are very slim fitting

Huh? Lol.

Lol, what I meant by that is a slim fitting hoodie with size zippers isn't really casual norm anymore these days. For one, things are back to being a bit more relaxed and two, side zips feel a bit outdated (Even though I still love my Villain. Built like a tank). The Villain feels like a "dressier" hoodie if that makes sense.

what's the major difference between the Kake Mock hoodie and the Beach hoodie? I have Kake hoodies so i know what those are about never purchased a beach one.

what's the major difference between the Kake Mock hoodie and the Beach hoodie? I have Kake hoodies so i know what those are about never purchased a beach one.

I have a Beach but not a Kake.

Kake has the triangle thing at the neck, and fits oversized comparing the measurements on JE site.

So as far as the hoodies

- KaKe Mock - size Large- this is the first version I believe there is a Kake Mock 2. I got it in grey. So this one is strange. Its a "oversized fit" but I ordered a large as JE own website stated size down for a batter fit. I mean its a grey Hoddie but the fit seems cropped and the " triangular rib stand collar" takes some getting used to on reflection my lest favorite of the 3.

-Spec Fleece Hoodie - size Large- JE says its a beach Hoodie but it seems to fit a touch more relaxed than the Beach Hoodie I got. Whatever the case it feels good and I love the "speckled heather grey melange" It gives a unique look to yet another grey Hoddie. The fit is solidly relaxed.

-Beach Hoodie in Ecru - size Large- Funny when i first tried it on I thought it was just to tight. After literally a few more try on's to see if I'll keep it it now fits great still a little more snug than the above Spec Fleece Hoodie. Ecru seems to be a fancy word for tan but I dig the color. I will say this has the cut where the arms are a bit long. This is intentional and part of the styling as a relaxed comfy hoodie. It doesn't look bad at all.

All in all I'm happy. Are any of these worth full retail? IMHO opinion no. At a discount sure. JE has some unique styling in the basics. Sometimes you hate it sometimes it adds a bit of flare to the mundane. I will say I have hoodies from Reigning Champ and surprisingly J Crew that feel better made. Especially reigning Champ. The Crew I have is built like a tank. The J crew Garment-dyed French terry hoodies are probably the best value around. J crew got hip to it and they tend to dodge the frequent coupon codes. but on sale IMHO they are a steal and come in some really nice unusual colors. They don't have the JE styling but they feel really made well and are worth checking. I'll give my laymen s report on how the cast 2 match up to my workhorse J Crew 484 when i get them in.

Quoting myself lol... but those are my thoughts on the Kake Mock 1 and the beach hoddie.

took a look at the measurements listed and it looks like beach is looser in the arm area but tighter in the body.

Thanks

I can confirm that the Beach Hoodie is looser in the arms and tighter in the body. What color are you looking at?

Do people who copped the Lebron Icon like the shoe/are you happy with the purchase? I keep flip flopping on whether I like the look of the shoe in all sail or all black and I can’t tell how quality the construction is.

think it’d be a good purchase at ~ $100 or just cop some all white 97s or something?

Do people who copped the Lebron Icon like the shoe/are you happy with the purchase? I keep flip flopping on whether I like the look of the shoe in all sail or all black and I can’t tell how quality the construction is.

think it’d be a good purchase at ~ $100 or just cop some all white 97s or something?

They are pretty dope. The ankle collar is nice soft leather. They are kind of see-thru like some of the Reacts where if you wear crazy color socks, they'll show through. I think they look pretty dope, styled how JE has them in some of their product shots

LA_SWEATS_WASHED_BLACK_04_712x.jpg

SOCHI_SWEATS_BLACK_04_712x.jpg

i like them and find them pretty comfortable too

i got it for ~$150 and i thought quality is pretty good so for ~$100, id say its well worth it

just buy them from ndc for ~$122 and you got plenty of time to try them out and return if you arent too happy with them

Back
Top Bottom