John Stockton was the best nba player to ever live

aside from magic johnson, john stockton > any other point guard over the past 25 years or so.

laugh.gif
 at Isiah being better than Stockton.

Originally Posted by thejrob

How is this thread still alive???

John Stockton played the same position as Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, and Isiah Thomas... you'd be a fool if you said Top 3 PG let alone BEST EVER
laugh.gif
John Stockton > Isiah Thomas. 

Sorry about it.

Okay, I didn't want to say it in fear of it being an unpopular opinion, but yeah, give me John over Isiah.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif

I don't see what's so funny about that. You can definitely make an argument for Isiah being better than Stockton. IMO he is better than Stockton.

laugh.gif

At you and countless other people in this post exposing themselves as 90's babies............
roll.gif

Isiah Thomas - 2 NBA titles/1 NCAA Title, Made Jordan his Ho in the 80's

John Stockton- No rings

Do some of you even know that the Big O (OscarRobertson) averaged a TRIPLE DOUBLE for a SEASON?!?!?  HE gave birth to Free Agency in the NBA.......like being called the greatest isn't being a big fish in a small pond and leading the league in assists...........

I like how no one named Tiny in this whole argument, Cousy, West..............No disrespect to Stockton seriously, stop exposing ya selves...........

Isiah Thomas - 2 NBA titles/1 NCAA Title, Made Jordan his Ho in the 80's

John Stockton- No rings

Word. Derek Fisher > both of them.
 Derek Fisher has never made as much as an All Star game, can you really compare him to Isiah Thomas?!?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dumb Argument, Randy Brown got more chips than both of them , Stacey King got more rings than Barkley, Robert Horry has more rings than Mike,  dont mean hes better

Derek Fisher is not in the same CLASS as Thomas and Stockton, therefore his accolades are not comparable

When you are comparing TOP 50 NBA PLAYERS OF ALL TIME,  RINGS MATTER

Stockton was better than Isiah at every aspect of basketball and you're telling me a team accomplishment overshadows that? Okay.

Stockton is not a top 5 point guard. If he was  matched up against Magic, Isiah,or Payton he would get totally outplayed and humiliated every single game hands down and his team would lose 9 out of 10 times. Jazz would never beat the Sonics,Lakers, or Pistons in a playoff series.

Stockton was better than Isiah at every aspect of basketball and you're telling me a team accomplishment overshadows that? Okay.
You honestly have zero %%%%%@% clue what your talking about.

Stockton also played in the weakest era of Point Guards prolly in the league history.  When GP hit his prime he started doggin Stockton for that exact reason. Isiaah was the best player of two NBA champions, undisputed leader.  You prolly were born in 1995 I'm guessing.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You honestly have zero %%%%%@% clue what your talking about.

Stockton also played in the weakest era of Point Guards prolly in the league history.  When GP hit his prime he started doggin Stockton for that exact reason. Isiaah was the best player of two NBA champions, undisputed leader.  You prolly were born in 1995 I'm guessing.
Children hate being put in their place.................

I'm a '90s baby, I'm 16 years old, I'm a child...

*yawns*

I expected better, but then again this is NT. I'm always up for talking about basketball, but skip the insults next time.

Stockton was a far better shooter (one of the best in history), far better passer (again one of the best in history), and better defender. Isiah's edge in scoring is somewhat misleading because his highest-scoring years came when Detroit's offense was one of the fastest in the league while Stockton for many years was on one of the slowest-paced teams in the league.

Stockton also played in the weakest era of Point Guards prolly in the league history.
You do realize Stockton and Isiah were born less than a year apart, right? Are you saying Stockton should be punished for his longevity and for being one of the most durable players in history? Stockton was putting up HOF-caliber seasons damn near his entire career whereas Isiah had about 3 HOF-caliber seasons, a bunch of very good seasons, and was out of the league at age 32 (and remember, he decided to retire even before the Achilles injury because he had already declined as a player. The Achilles was just the final nail in the coffin.)

Isiaah was the best player of two NBA champions, undisputed leader.
This is the only argument you guys have.
laugh.gif

You're basing your whole argument on the fact that Isiah was part of 2 championship teams. Never mind that Stockton was the better player on both ends of the floor, 2 chips = ZOMG ISIAH WAS BETTER!!!!!!!!1

And for the record, those Bad Boy teams were stacked. I don't really care who the "undisputed leader" was, those teams resembled the '04 Pistons squad in that they were championship TEAMS. We're not talking about a situation like Dirk's last year, in which one player is head and shoulders above the rest of his teammates. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Isiah; he got his rings, so props to him for that. But if that's your only argument, then it's weak.

I wouldn't say every aspect of basketball though. He wasn't a better penetrator than Zeke at all.
But you are right, I hate when people bring up TEAM accolades to support an argument between two individuals.

With those two, you can go either way. Depends on what you want/like in a PG. Isaiah's heart is what puts him over the top for some folks. Stockton's court game gives him the nod for some folks.

But Stockton was so damn efficient man. My goodness. I love them both so I won't argue either side.

laugh.gif
. If I want someone to run my team, error free with efficiency, I don't see why I wouldn't go with Stockton.I just wish you all would stop exagerrating so much when making comparisons to people.

DCAllAmerican bringing some clarity to this thread. Go 'head boy!!!

For my money, I'd take Stockton over any PG in the history of the NBA...

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

aside from magic johnson, john stockton > any other point guard over the past 25 years or so.
QFT.

I love J.Kidd and GP. But I'd take Stock over both of them. Stock was just a crafty individual and very clutch. I've always felt he was overshadowed by Karl.

Isiah was a much better scorer especially in crunch time. Stockton could not take over a game scoring the way Isiah did in Game 6 of the 88 NBA Finals or at the end of Game 5 of the 85 first round series vs NY. Stockton could never take a over game and score 16 to 25 straight points.

magic > anybody
you can not honestly tell me you wouldnt want a 6'9'' pg on your team. magic didnt even get to play a whole career because of AIDS and he started at center.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

magic > anybody
you can not honestly tell me you wouldnt want a 6'9'' pg on your team. magic didnt even get to play a whole career because of AIDS and he started at center.
Magic was never a defensive stopper though. He couldn't shut down your other teams best player like Jordan, Kobe, and even Pippen could in their prime.

Originally Posted by epox12

magic > anybody
Magic was never a defensive stopper though. He couldn't shut down your other teams best player like Jordan, Kobe, and even Pippen could in their prime.
johnson led the league in steals 2 years straight. he was never the best but he was good enough to get by. and jordan kobe and pippen are not pg's bruh

Originally Posted by epox12

magic > anybody
johnson led the league in steals 2 years straight. he was never the best but he was good enough to get by. and jordan kobe and pippen are not pg's bruh
Well you wrote anybody so I was not sure if you were only referring to PG's.

Back
Top Bottom