John Wall.....Bust?

Anddddd here comes the discussion of best pg's in NBA.
laugh.gif
it was only a matter of time.

Do any of you watch the Wiz play consistently? The answer is probably no. If he had teammates that were not all complete F-ups, he could be that unlimited potential player that most still see him as. He will not reach his full potential in DC. Nobody ever does. It is a wasteland. Ted Leonsis might be interested in changing the culture, but he has a long ways to go.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

He's saying because Irving has a better PER he's much better.
Oh, well then, I guess that settles it then,  PER is pretty much indisputable. 
eyes.gif
  We should always evaluate players based on a formula some stat geek, who probably never actually played competitive ball at any level, made up. 

Irving is very good and, based on court performance this year, maybe there is an argument he's better than Wall, but Wall is far from a bust. 

Yea I was a little off topic with the Irving Wall stuff. To think Wall is a bust you are a fool. He is way too young still and like what was said he can improve his flaws. I hope he succeeds just like anybody else.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by JsindaA

He's saying because Irving has a better PER he's much better.
Oh, well then, I guess that settles it then,  PER is pretty much indisputable. 
eyes.gif
  We should always evaluate players based on a formula some stat geek, who probably never actually played competitive ball at any level, made up. 

Irving is very good and, based on court performance this year, maybe there is an argument he's better than Wall, but Wall is far from a bust. 

As far as I'm concerned there isn't any argument. Outside of being a better shooter Wall does everything better. So while Kyrie may be wowing everyone with his offensive game. He's not handling his primary responsibility, he isn't stopping anyone on D either. I'll take the guy who gives me something in all facets and isn't close to his potential

Only in his 2nd year & he's a bust? You dudes on NT are funny. Probably the same dudes that thought Derrick Rose was overrated in his 2nd year 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ him being a bust

Considering what he's working with, he's putting up damn good #'s.

Wholesale changes need to be made to the roster in DC for yall to truly see what this man is capable of. My gut feeling is that he'll leave via free-agency when his rookie deal is up. Things have to turn as close to a 180 as possible for him to re-up. You can see the frustration on his face with each game that is played. Look at great PGs who came before him like Paul, Rose, and Williams (before he got to NJ). None of them have had fewer than 38 wins in a season. Think about that.

The situation in DC is a tough pill for Wall to swallow.

Kyrie's smarter and more efficient.

The collective b-ball IQ on Cleveland is 10x more than what's in DC.  On top of it all, Irving has guys who can score to play with.  Let me know the last time you saw Jan Vesely hit a jump shot
laugh.gif

*Quick question for those who think Irving is the better player....how many of his minutes are SHARED w. Sessions? Isn't sessions the primary ball-carrier when they're on the floor together?

A bust? This dude had like 10 APG his rookie year playing with a bunch of headcases.

Wall is seriously discouraged by the situation he is in. You can see him out there trying, then McGee does something stupid, then other players do dumb crap, by the 3rd Wall has given up on the game. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kyrie's smarter and more efficient.

The collective b-ball IQ on Cleveland is 10x more than what's in DC.  On top of it all, Irving has guys who can score to play with.  Let me know the last time you saw Jan Vesely hit a jump shot
laugh.gif

*Quick question for those who think Irving is the better player....how many of his minutes are SHARED w. Sessions? Isn't sessions the primary ball-carrier when they're on the floor together?

C'mon man...Kyrie's passing to Alonzo Gee, Omri Casspi and Anthony Parker as his wing players. I do have to say that although the guys on the Cavs aren't the most talented in the world, the players on their team perfectly know their roles. Completely the opposite of John Wall's team. If they don't turn that team all the way around and start getting some type of pieces in there Wall's definitely gonna be gone as soon as that contract is up.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by kc24688

Wall is weak as hell compared to the best how can you say that?  Today I will take Kyrie Irving going forward, though it's hard to judge a player with such bad talent around him.  Wall is caught up in his own fame unless this little rising stars incident wakes him up.  I prefer basketball players to athletes.
How old is Wall? 20? 

He will be is a big stretch when the guy shoots bricks and turns the ball over 4 times a game.  Don't twist what I'm saying here but Lin racks up stats while turning the ball over a lot.  I respect stats a lot more when they don't come with so many turnovers.  The guy can't hit a three to save his life and Irving is 19.  Honestly I guess I'm just biased towards my basketball philosophy in that I like a PG that can shoot and be under control, though Wall makes up for it as much as anyone in other areas.  Honestly we both don't know the future but it's a good discussion.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

at this point if I had to take one I would take Irving but that doesn't mean Wall is a bust but I have my doubts where I thought he would be a stud by now a couple years ago...time will tell

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Do any of you watch the Wiz play consistently? The answer is probably no. If he had teammates that were not all complete F-ups.

This seems to be the go-to excuse for Wall's sympathizers. John Wall was drafted #1 OVERALL. As a pg? Heres a thought, how about Wall actually making those around him BETTER? Wacky, I know.

Originally Posted by newbuck

Do any of you watch the Wiz play consistently? The answer is probably no. If he had teammates that were not all complete F-ups.

This seems to be the go-to excuse for Wall's sympathizers. John Wall was drafted #1 OVERALL. As a pg? Heres a thought, how about Wall actually making those around him BETTER? Wacky, I know.

Look at the team that is around him. 

Look at the team that was around guys like Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, and Deron Williams.  NONE of them had as bad of a roster as what Wall is dealing with.  None of them.  It's easy to sympathize for the kid because things are so awful in DC. 

He's doing all he can with what he has to work with.  

6778125794_a56900211f_o.gif

Tell me how exactly he's supposed to make players like this better...

8gp27i.gif

Go Ahead... Enlighten Us.

I was as big on Wall as anyone...but what really has put me off is his shooting.  The other stuff I can live with cause his teammates are tards but he has not made oen stride in his shot.  If he can't fix that jumper, he'll never be able to get to that level which I though he could reach.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I was as big on Wall as anyone...but what really has put me off is his shooting.  The other stuff I can live with cause his teammates are tards but he has not made oen stride in his shot.  If he can't fix that jumper, he'll never be able to get to that level which I though he could reach.
now this i completely agree with, his jumper needs work badly, but watching so many of their games every week sometimes he does make mid range jumpers like clockwork and other times he's brick city. just has to develop some consistency

I'm much more annoyed by his missed layups than jumpers because that was supposed to be his strength. i won't kill him because his jumpers don't lose games for us, Nick Young's do cuz he truly THINKS he can shoot

Back
Top Bottom