John Wall.....Bust?

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by dumbout227

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

not a bust, but I thought he would have developed a jumpshot by now. seems like he doesnt work on adding to his game in the offseason.
Suprisingly he says he made 2000 shots a day during the summer and the lockout. But his game really hasn't improved since last season. Not a bust but at this point clearly not as a good of a pg as Kyrie
John Wall career average - 8.1apg
Kyrie Irving - 5.1

indifferent.gif
at you comparing a shooting guard to one of the most talented passers in the league..
I don't agree w/ Irving being better than John Wall but him averaging 5 assists does mean he's a "shooting guard".

John Wall needs to play with some veterans. Even Kyrie has a bunch of vets on his team, and a good coach. John is missing on a lot of factors, he's not in a stable environment at all. Think of how good he would be if he came into the league on a playoff team, like how Rose did

?

Wall is just the best player on a bad team.

The guy is unstoppable in the open court athletic and has super court vision. He'll never be considered a bust.

Originally Posted by dumbout227

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

not a bust, but I thought he would have developed a jumpshot by now. seems like he doesnt work on adding to his game in the offseason.
Suprisingly he says he made 2000 shots a day during the summer and the lockout. But his game really hasn't improved since last season. Not a bust but at this point clearly not as a good of a pg as Kyrie
John Wall career average - 8.1apg
Kyrie Irving - 5.1

indifferent.gif
at you comparing a shooting guard to one of the most talented passers in the league..
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Actually Wall Jumpshot has improved this year......He's been shooting that 17 foot jumpshot good regularly

Originally Posted by dland24

He isnt a bust, but he is no where near as good as everyone thought he would be by this point.

Word , people thought he would be Derrick Rose by year 2.

You can't call Wall a bust yet, but hands down Kyrie is better as of right now, and imo he's gonna be the better pg unless Wall puts a lot of work into his game. It seems like everyone either tries to play wall off as a bust, or they make excuses and focus on how great he will be. As of right now, it's still too early, but he's on the road to being another overrated player out of college. Being super athletic isn't always enough, yeah his stats look nice, but watching him play he still hasn't adjusted. He seems to let his speed become a weakness rather than a strength, and it doesn't seem like he really works on his flaws. You dudes talking about on another team he up there with cp3 
indifferent.gif
, he's not even on Russys level when he was still playing like a knuckle head. Perhaps with some guidance he can get it right though. His team is terrible, but after he leaves, if he does. I think it's gonna be a while before he becomes what he's expected to be. 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by dland24

He isnt a bust, but he is no where near as good as everyone thought he would be by this point.

Word , people thought he would be Derrick Rose by year 2.

Wall was never supposed to be Rose.. they aren't even similar players, Rose is a scorer whereas Wall is in the mold of a pure PG. he's never going to score like Rose but his natural passing ability is already far ahead. 

the way i see it.. he's averaging 8apg on a team where only 1-2 players shoot above 40%. once he gets a good squad around him he will lead the league in assists.

Originally Posted by Wade187

You can't call Wall a bust yet, but hands down Kyrie is better as of right now, and imo he's gonna be the better pg unless Wall puts a lot of work into his game.
a67bf37cc3fd.gif

other than breathing air, Wall doesn't have to do anything to be a better PG than Kyrie. Wall averaged 8apg as a rookie.. Irving averages 5apg. dude is making it sound like its the other way around.

laugh.gif
 Rose and Wall have very similar games.  Wall's a better passer, Rose a better shooter.  Rose is becoming more and more unstoppable with the way that jumper has improved.  let's not act like Wall doesn't have a big scoring ability... he lead his UK team in scoring, a team with 4 more first round picks.  well 3 that actually played, forget Orton.
By taking John Wall No. 1 overall in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Wizards effectively made him the face of their franchise.  In his first season, he lived up to the hype, scoring 16.4 points and handing out 8.3 assists despite battling a nagging knee injury.

Over the past five seasons, the NBA has turned into a point-guard-driven league.  Nearly all of the major contenders have a star running the show. Today’s point guards are bigger, faster and more athletic then they’ve ever been before. That’s one main reason the Wizards selected Wall out of Kentucky.  

But just like a quarterback in the NFL, point guards usually face a steep learning curve when reaching the professional ranks.  Wall struggled at the outset of his sophomore season but has turned it on, averaging 20 points, 8.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds in the 10 games leading up to the All-Star break.  Let’s take a look at how Wall’s numbers compare to some of the leagues great point guards in their sophomore seasons.  

http://Chris Paul: 44% FG, 35% 3pt FG, 8.9 assists, 4.4 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 2.52 TOs and 17.3 points.  

Russell Westbrook: 42% FG, 22% 3pt FG, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 3.27 TOs and 16.1 points.

Derrick Rose: 49% FG, 26% 3pt FG, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 0.7 steal, 2.78 TOs and 
20.8 points. 

Deron Williams: 46% FG, 32% 3pt FG, 9.3 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 1 steal, 3 TOs and 
16.2 points. 

John Wall: 43% FG, 10% 3pt FG, 7.6 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 4.15 TOs and 16.8 points.  

Based on the numbers alone, Wall isn’t far off from the elite point guards of the NBA.  He could obviously use improvement in the areas of three-point shooting and the turnover department.  Both Westbrook and Rose struggled in those areas as well but have made tremendous strides since their sophomore seasons. Rose became the NBA’s youngest MVP during his third season, and Westbrook was named to the All-NBA second team in his third year.  Will Wall make a similar jump in his third season?

http://www.csnwashington.com/basket...n-the-way-to-elite?blockID=659630&feedID=6356 

how are their games similar? Rose is a ball-dominant, high usage scoring PG. Wall is a pass-first PG. even if he improved his shooting, you'd never see him taking 20 FGA a game like Rose.

You can't call Wall a bust yet, but hands down Kyrie is better as of right now, and imo he's gonna be the better pg unless Wall puts a lot of work into his game. It seems like everyone either tries to play wall off as a bust, or they make excuses and focus on how great he will be. As of right now, it's still too early, but he's on the road to being another overrated player out of college. Being super athletic isn't always enough, yeah his stats look nice, but watching him play he still hasn't adjusted. He seems to let his speed become a weakness rather than a strength, and it doesn't seem like he really works on his flaws. You dudes talking about on another team he up there with cp3 
indifferent.gif
, he's not even on Russys level when he was still playing like a knuckle head. Perhaps with some guidance he can get it right though. His team is terrible, but after he leaves, if he does. I think it's gonna be a while before he becomes what he's expected to be. 
The hell are you talking about?  

Kyrie Irving being the better player ALREADY????!!!???? 
laugh.gif

FWIW, the lineup that Wall was working with last night (Mo Evans, Roger Mason, Chris Singleton, and Trevor Booker) erased a 19 point lead.  This is after the usual suspects were benched for the entire 2nd half.  

He's playing with absolute awful players.  The fact that he is putting up the #'s that he does is a testament to how good he really is.  HOPEFULLY the team surrounds him with better guys going forward. 

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on here in the past few weeks.  Some of yall are talking just to talk...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

indifferent.gif
The hell are you talking about?  

Kyrie Irving being the better player ALREADY????!!!???? 
laugh.gif

FWIW, the lineup that Wall was working with last night (Mo Evans, Roger Mason, Chris Singleton, and Trevor Booker) erased a 19 point lead.  This is after the usual suspects were benched for the entire 2nd half.  

He's playing with absolute awful players.  The fact that he is putting up the #'s that he does is a testament to how good he really is.  HOPEFULLY the team surrounds him with better guys going forward. 

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on here in the past few weeks.  Some of yall are talking just to talk...
30t6p3b.gif

S&T has been unbearable as of late...from arguing about D. Rose not dancing to Lakers being the Yankees in a trade deadline thread to Wall being a bust. The Mayans were right JJ.

Besides improving his jump shot, his shot selection needs to improve.

He should be living inside the paint. No jumpers beyond 17 feet unless absolutely necessary.

Last night's game sums up the season perfectly.

J. Wall can only do so much surrounded by parasites.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Last night's game sums up the season perfectly.

J. Wall can only do so much surrounded by parasites.
Seriously.

& I got the names mixed up...the comeback was led by Seraphin, Crawford, Evans, Mason, and Wall....

Wade187 wrote:You can't call Wall a bust yet, but hands down Kyrie is better as of right now, and imo he's gonna be the better pg unless Wall puts a lot of work into his game.

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

other than breathing air, Wall doesn't have to do anything to be a better PG than Kyrie. Wall averaged 8apg as a rookie.. Irving averages 5apg. dude is making it sound like its the other way around.

False. I'll admit I haven't watched a Wiz game in about 2 weeks, but Wall makes horrible decisions as oppose to Kyrie. Yeah, Wall is athletically light years ahead of him, but Kyrie is a better overall player right now despite Walls numbers, Kyrie simply knows how to work with what he's got. You guys are using his garbage team as an excuse, but yet your throwing in his stats to somehow prove something. The Wiz play like 20 minutes a game of garbage time, it's not hard to get your stats up when you have the skill set of John Wall, he got a team of knuckle heads, but they do have talent. You guys talk like no one on that team can make a layup. Wall has a horrible shot selection, has tremendous speed and body control and doesn't know how to use it, doesn't seem to work on his jumper, and for a "pure" pg, doesn't even show close to a high iq on the floor. When I watch Wall all I see is a super athlete, as the first pick I should be seeing more than that. 

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by newbuck

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Do any of you watch the Wiz play consistently? The answer is probably no. If he had teammates that were not all complete F-ups.

This seems to be the go-to excuse for Wall's sympathizers. John Wall was drafted #1 OVERALL. As a pg? Heres a thought, how about Wall actually making those around him BETTER? Wacky, I know.

Tell me how exactly he's supposed to make players like this better...

8gp27i.gif

Go Ahead... Enlighten Us.
eek.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wade187 wrote:You can't call Wall a bust yet, but hands down Kyrie is better as of right now, and imo he's gonna be the better pg unless Wall puts a lot of work into his game.

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

False. I'll admit I haven't watched a Wiz game in about 2 weeks, but Wall makes horrible decisions as oppose to Kyrie. Yeah, Wall is athletically light years ahead of him, but Kyrie is a better overall player right now despite Walls numbers, Kyrie simply knows how to work with what he's got. You guys are using his garbage team as an excuse, but yet your throwing in his stats to somehow prove something. The Wiz play like 20 minutes a game of garbage time, it's not hard to get your stats up when you have the skill set of John Wall, he got a team of knuckle heads, but they do have talent. You guys talk like no one on that team can make a layup. Wall has a horrible shot selection, has tremendous speed and body control and doesn't know how to use it, doesn't seem to work on his jumper, and for a "pure" pg, doesn't even show close to a high iq on the floor. When I watch Wall all I see is a super athlete, as the first pick I should be seeing more than that. 

Wall is shooting better, averaging more points, boards, steals, and assists over the last 10 games. How you sound?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

Wall is shooting better, averaging more points, boards, steals, and assists over the last 10 games. How you sound?
He can't be labeled a bust because it's only his second year, Kyrie Irving can't be labeled better because he hasn't showed enough. But 10 games solidifies dude? How you sound bruh?

That's about a third of the current season. So that's a large sample size. Not to mention you made the statement that Kyrie was a better player after like 35 games. So if we are going to use that small a sample why can't I? I can use the games before and after the break if you want. Wall started slower but there is no way Kyrie is better overall. That was my pointEdit and you said the last 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom