Johnny Cupcakes is considering suing a sorority at my school

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif
semantics.

if he let's people off for using his logo then it devalues his product and also encourages further infringement. go try to print some Disney tees and hand them out for free, and see if they won't come take your home.

And substituting the words "for" and "is" doesn't make a difference in your sentence unless your arguing the intent of legislators when writing that law. And their intent was to protect creative property and investments.

I don't even know why i'm arguing in this guy's defense, though, I hate him.

i knew your response would be "semantics" which is why i specifically highlighted the word....

i am arguing the intent of the law..."That's what copyright infringement is for...." meaning, they made the law so you couldn't profit off of someone else's work...PROFIT is the key word...all this "marketing" and "branding" is neo-communications talk....

at the end of the day, the actions of this TINY sorority in whatever TINY campus isn't affecting the branding of the company....seriously, he's not some mecca of fashion...he's an independent t shirt guy...suing people for using scrolls on their shirts, too?

so he's got cupcakes on lock, cross bones on lock, LRGs panda (but eating a cupcake) on lock, the jordan jumpman logo with a cupcake on lock, random scrolls....what's next? the nifty little cupcake tag he puts on the bottom of his shirts (not the first at that, either)

disney?

what do you mean? airbrushers knock off disney characters hourly......
laugh.gif
, where is big bad disney at?

Tat artists, too....i mean, come on, big bad disney is on it, right?

you said they'd have me for passing shirts out for FREE

i just named two professions, employing well into the 100s of thousands of americans...

how many of them have been sued?

eyes.gif

like i said, dude is a lame...

instead of actually advertising, he's using the U.S. court system for publicity...

he's currently suing:

The Simmons' Sisters
A no-name Sorority

who's next?

nako, he's going to sue you for your cupcake schedule on NCAA soon....

roll.gif

he's gonna start suing people for using "cupcake" as a derogatory term for homosexual, too...

just wait...

it won't stop him from printing any of his BLATANT rip-offs, though...
eyes.gif

cupcake_tee.jpg

OH NOOOOZ

SUE MRCLOUD.COM, TOO!

The intent of the copyright law is to discourage the theft of ideas.

$$ is included in the damages as a deterrent. By stealing his logo, whether for profit or not, they are infringing on his right.

And fyi, if Disney knew, those airbrushers you named would all get cease and desist orders too.

I made a run of dumbo shirts for my frat in college. Disney gave us the Mutombo finger wag and we had to scramble to redo all those shirts with a genericelephant.

And it doesn't matter how big an entity or presence Johnny Cupcakes is, that argument might support the "we didn't even know we were stealing fromhim" argument if they wanna go there, but come on. Really?

If you wanna try to argue that federal laws only apply to big corporations be my guest...

EDIT!!!!

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

who's next?

nako, he's going to sue you for your cupcake schedule on NCAA soon....

roll.gif

42-0.

Y'all know you guys would sue to if you had the opportunity to cake .

I would .
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom