Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

I was highest bid on the wings poster at the event. Could have paid on the spot but couldn't because the person handling it had to leave. Did our in person bids not count? I was never contacted after the event.

I was highest bid on the wings poster at the event. Could have paid on the spot but couldn't because the person handling it had to leave. Did our in person bids not count? I was never contacted after the event.
The in person bids counted if they were higher than the highest online bids.  At the end of the night, the bid sheet at the event was compared to the forum thread and those who placed the highest bids were contacted.  Two items were sold to people who attended the event in person.

Next time, we'll have a unified bidding system.  This year, we weren't sure we were going to open things up to include online bidding as we had no idea how many items would be brought - or how valuable they might be.  

Periscope feed of the live event?

Some people have requested this, but we opted for voluntary video participation this time around - and I think that's probably the best approach moving forward.  As nice as it would be for us to open the event to those who can't attend in person, not everyone wants to be filmed.  We wanted an event where people could relax and feel comfortable, and a constant live feed recording their every move complicates that.  

Allowing that could potentially prevent some people from attending.  

We may, however, be able to allow for live streaming of or the video recording of a panel discussion at next year's event.  We didn't really have the personnel for that this time around - and Retrokid's surprise appearance was a surprise event to us.  We weren't sure he could make it until the day of the event.  Another possibility, if interest exists, could be to allow live streaming of the video game tournament.  That's certainly something that Wikia has some expertise in, I believe.  I hear this year's tournament was actually very competitive and entertaining.  Supposedly it all came down to a last second shot in the championship game.  That's something that might've been fun to share outside the event as well.  

Like you, I would've enjoyed seeing more content from this year's event - and we'd planned to have more than we were ultimately able to deliver.  It's my understanding that some file corruption occurred with the one camera in the fan studio, so we didn't get all the footage we'd hoped for.  For some reason, we also did not have the photographer on site as expected.  While I can't promise live streaming across the whole of the event, next year's event will offer  much better coverage for those who can't make it out in person.  

Wow, I'm glad I was a part of that event.

I think a larger tournament would be awesome, and possibly some type of group tournament?

Maybe a Methodman & Nelson C meet and greet/ panel/questions.

Maybe get Ben Baller to do a celebrity cameo? Ok maybe not.

The sky is the limit for these events.

Great to hear another one is the works. The tourney was great. Video confession was great too. I'm down with it being around All Star weekend again.
A plus 1 would be cool for guest list but understand the issues there. Name tags would help if it's bigger. We deff need some kind of Meth communication, video, audio, somthin! LOL....see y'all next year!!

Wow, I'm glad I was a part of that event.

I think a larger tournament would be awesome, and possibly some type of group tournament?

Maybe a Methodman & Nelson C meet and greet/ panel/questions.

Maybe get Ben Baller to do a celebrity cameo? Ok maybe not.

The sky is the limit for these events.
A larger tournament would be great.  This time, we didn't know how many people would participate in advance - especially since we had some last minute drop outs from those who requested invitations.  

Next year, we'll probably do tournament sign ups in advance.  That way, we might be able to do some seeding or potentially even have an online component.  Big thanks, again, to Instyleshoes for putting up the prizes for this year's tournament.  We actually had been expecting a video game sponsor for the tournament, but there was apparently a miscommunication somewhere and it didn't work out.  Hopefully next year it will, and we'll have support for a larger tournament with potentially more prizes.  

We definitely want an interactive panel at the next event, with the opportunity to take questions online as well.  This year, we had Nelson C, Bastitch, and Retrokid on hand.  We would LOVE for all of them to return next time!  

To be honest, I don't think I'll be attending one of these in person for privacy reasons, but we're all happy to put the work in to try and give you all the best live event experience we can.  

I appreciate everyone's feedback and interest in NikeTalk Live.  NT's always been about bringing people together, and we're always so pleased when real world friendships are formed through our community.  It'll be a massive undertaking, but we're all hoping that next year's event will be twice as big as NikeTalk Live 2016.  

:smokin

So dope at the amount that was donated. Missed out on the first one, can't wait for the next one.

Awesome to see the amount of money that was raised!

To me at least, the allstar game seemed to be something in the back ground that people glanced over at while chopping it up. I don't think having something like that in the back ground is a necessity but it doesn't hurt either.

I had an awesome time, and I hope I can make it to the next one, wherever it may be.

Sup y'all thread kind of died. Any of you guys that live in the bay Please PM me. Thanks.

2017 NT Summit, in there.
100x100px-LS-e9cc38dc_900x900px-LL-cc113490_iKWQBuB5r2myD.gif

Back
Top Bottom