Join us for NikeTalk Live 2018, Sunday November 4th in Las Vegas.

Hey guys,

sorry i could not make it, had some work stuff popup this weekend and didnt have the energy to drive out.

hopefully yall had fun, looking forward to next year.

Thanks to leadership here (@Nelson C @HellaSteph Methodical Management Methodical Management ) for y'all's (yes, I said y'all's) planning, creativity, and diligence in executing an event that will stick with me for a lifetime.

The event was about community, in every aspect of the word, "pre", during, and "post" the event. For me, it was 2002 - 2008 all over again.

The overall mission, distinct values, and direct principles Niketalk were founded on STILL are prevalent (I argue more now than ever), and there are members who still exists with a "no holds barred" drive to protect and exemplify NT's mission.

I don't think newer members "get it". The impact of this site can not be denied.

Names from DJ AM (Rest in Peace brother), Dom Kennedy, to 'AntiSocial SocialClub' owner Neek Lurk... Their freedom of expression and love for the culture was founded here at some point in our history within the black background, red hyperlinks and white text.

Sites (I will just name a few out of the slew) including Sole Collector, Hypebeast, and Kicks on Fire would not exist today without grabbing some of the DNA from Niketalk.

Your favorite "(social) media sneaker/culture celeb" who is currently 28 years old or older was birthed here. Name one. I will give you his/her history, even as a lurker and not an official member.

Employees past or currently at Beaverton who's path of opportunities came initially from this site? Please, don't get me started....................................................

Niketalk, historically, was, is, and always will be truly #fortheculture and thanks for the opportunity for an "old fart" like myself to experience it "live" once again.

-E.O.H.

Thanks to leadership here (@Nelson C @HellaSteph Methodical Management Methodical Management ) for y'all's (yes, I said y'all's) planning, creativity, and diligence in executing an event that will stick with me for a lifetime.

The event was about community, in every aspect of the word, "pre", during, and "post" the event. For me, it was 2002 - 2008 all over again.

The overall mission, distinct values, and direct principles Niketalk were founded on STILL are prevalent (I argue more now than ever), and there are members who still exists with a "no holds barred" drive to protect and exemplify NT's mission.

I don't think newer members "get it". The impact of this site can not be denied.

Names from DJ AM (Rest in Peace brother), Dom Kennedy, to 'AntiSocial SocialClub' owner Neek Lurk... Their freedom of expression and love for the culture was founded here at some point in our history within the black background, red hyperlinks and white text.

Sites (I will just name a few out of the slew) including Sole Collector, Hypebeast, and Kicks on Fire would not exist today without grabbing some of the DNA from Niketalk.

Your favorite "(social) media sneaker/culture celeb" who is currently 28 years old or older was birthed here. Name one. I will give you his/her history, even as a lurker and not an official member.

Employees past or currently at Beaverton who's path of opportunities came initially from this site? Please, don't get me started....................................................

Niketalk, historically, was, is, and always will be truly #fortheculture and thanks for the opportunity for an "old fart" like myself to experience it "live" once again.

-E.O.H.
tenor.gif

-E.O.H.

:nthat:

No one has any pics to share for those of us who couldn't make it?
Think there was a recording of the live-stream in the works as well :nerd: .
We did have a professional videographer on site this time, who's hard at work editing footage from the event. We hope to share that with you early next week.

In the meantime, some cell phone pictures were also taken at the event, but, in low lighting, the results are as you would expect.

Here's a group photo @Nelson C recently shared from the event on his Instagram page:

As promised here's the recap video of NikeTalk Live 2018:

And a recording of this year's streaming panel discussion:

I'd like to thank everyone who made this year's event special, particularly the organizer and creator of NikeTalk Live, @HellaSteph, and the host of NikeTalk Live and founder of NikeTalk, @Nelson C. You truly brought our online community experience to life.

So dope!! It sucks I missed it, but I gotta try to make it out next year.

I'm glad everyone had a great time!!

Side note: I will forever love the 15s as well! Being a twin, my mom would never get two pairs of $100+ sneakers. That year, I saved up half and my mom finally caved and got me a size 12 in the white/Carolina 15s(I'm a 10.5/11 lol). If it were up to me, I would always have a pair of those in my closet. The first ones I got with my own money were the white/red 16 lows. I actually still own and wear them. I'll buy multiple pairs if they ever drop again.

Last edited:
Just watched the panel discussion, dope!! I'm sure the OGs who are still here can relate to everything you guys talked about because I sure did. Props to everyone for contributing.

def somethin i wouldnt have minded bein a part of but i had prior engagements.

also, can we get one of these goin on the east coast?

Back
Top Bottom