JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

If its true and coldcity is offering to take the pair back and get him a new one then that seems reasonable to me. Im not sure why that wasnt presented in the initial post, but either way i'd take them up on that offer rather than keep the questionable pair.

Some of you are going wild on JFD and have no reason to. I understand the one guy who got no double box but JFD hasn't done me wrong on the releases I've dealt with them.

So yes box issue is their end issue but not glue stains and scraps on the shoe. You can blame nike's quality control for that. Also it's not like the quality is the greatest. Let's be real about it, I'm sure we all have recieved bad pairs from Nike. Don't try and blame it on the retailer. Smh.
Well luck you. but obviously this buyer had more than one issues with JDF beside the item being double boxed. How can you guarantee that pair came from Nike?
How do you know for a fact that they don't ? I'm not the only one who's ordered from them. All pairs I got from him are 100% legit.
Sad you have to bring up if they ship legit shoes. Seems like you have no clue on that. Don't sling accusations unless you have proof.
Hey the proof is in the pudding,anyone else order from JDF, if so how did that go? 

How do you know for a fact that they don't ? I'm not the only one who's ordered from them. All pairs I got from him are 100% legit.
Sad you have to bring up if they ship legit shoes. Seems like you have no clue on that. Don't sling accusations unless you have proof.
no one is accusing really. just pointing out that based on that ONE transaction, you really CAN'T be positive. unless they prove their jb account or something, that's how I see it atm anyways. If you ordered some toothpaste from target, but they were short a tube and had to get the last one from a bum on the street selling it out of a shopping cart, without telling you first, would you trust them 100% after?

some people take Ls to make a customer happy. its the bigger picture. a smart seller wants return buyers and should/will go out of his way to try and make the buyer happy. cold city took a gamble that didn't pay off. if it did, then there would have been 0 issues. none of us bat 1.000.
It's rare these days. Most people would have just cancelled the preorder but he did the stand up thing and got blasted for it.  Not to say the customer was wrong for posting (he got screwed) just a tough situation for all involved.  IMO cold already went out of his way and I commend him for that.  He shouldn't feel the need to offer any further discount since he already ate $100 and offered to take them back.

just one of the growing pains involved with running an ecommerce site. im sure his crew learned from this experience and will be sure to do things better in the future.

Eastbay and their plastic shipping bags aren't that much better of a shipping method (pretty sure it was EB). Just saying. :\

Eastbay and their plastic shipping bags aren't that much better of a shipping method (pretty sure it was EB). Just saying.
ohwell.gif
I could be wrong since it's been ages since I've been lucky enough to cop from them but I think they stopped using the bags for the hyped jordan releases.

Hey guys quick question. Supposed to be picking up a pair at a good price tonight, but asking for pics first to legit check. What should i ask for and watch out for? He says they are from eastbay, so no receipt but he has order confirmation.

Please help thanks

some people take Ls to make a customer happy. its the bigger picture. a smart seller wants return buyers and should/will go out of his way to try and make the buyer happy. cold city took a gamble that didn't pay off. if it did, then there would have been 0 issues. none of us bat 1.000.
It's rare these days. Most people would have just cancelled the preorder but he did the stand up thing and got blasted for it.  Not to say the customer was wrong for posting (he got screwed) just a tough situation for all involved.  IMO cold already went out of his way and I commend him for that.  He shouldn't feel the need to offer any further discount since he already ate $100 and offered to take them back.
just one of the growing pains involved with running an ecommerce site. im sure his crew learned from this experience and will be sure to do things better in the future.
I hope so, is they're site legit Big J?

Hey guys quick question. Supposed to be picking up a pair at a good price tonight, but asking for pics first to legit check. What should i ask for and watch out for? He says they are from eastbay, so no receipt but he has order confirmation.

Please help thanks
ask him for the packing slip

Please help thanks

seller should be able to log onto his/her eastbay account and print out a reciept. eastbay actually keeps tracks of all your purchase...

I hope so, is they're site legit Big J?

its run by Cold City's crew and I think this is the first time ive heard a member complain about the site other than its prices. If I remember correctly, they sold royals as preorders and things went smooth. They also sold other Jordan releases in the past.
you have to give him credit for explaining things even when the lynch mob was out for him. that's what you look for with sellers to be honest. id stay away from the ones that cant face the heat or disappear when something goes wrong.
also, the buyer did not originally disclose that he was offered a refund which is crucial when dealing with sales.

Last edited:

Please help thanks

seller should be able to log onto his/her eastbay account and print out a reciept. eastbay actually keeps tracks of all your purchase...

Doesnt have. Has pictures, order confirmation, shipping and delivery confirmation. What should i ask for box and picture wise?
He used a guest account. Just has the shoes, order conf, shipping and delivery conf emails. I just want to be able to check the shoes seeing as besides the emails and stuff, I cant check an actual packing slip or anything

Yep eastbay pair should have a return packing slip. It will have his address on it though so he might be cautious about giving that out.

If need be tell him to photocopy it or take a picture of it with the address covered and have his phone number on there so you know its not some random eastbay packing slip.

its run by Cold City's crew and I think this is the first time ive heard a member complain about the site other than its prices. If I remember correctly, they sold royals as preorders and things went smooth. They also sold other Jordan releases in the past.
you have to give him credit for explaining things even when the lynch mob was out for him. that's what you look for with sellers to be honest. id stay away from the ones that cant face the heat or disappear when something goes wrong.
also, the buyer did not originally disclose that he was offered a refund which is crucial when dealing with sales.
the extra lace bag is it big or normal

very true being offered a refund def makes a difference

He used a guest account. Just has the shoes, order conf, shipping and delivery conf emails. I just want to be able to check the shoes seeing as besides the emails and stuff, I cant check an actual packing slip or anything
try to match up some type of info on the shipping box from eastbay to the emails or a screenshot of the tracking page of the company that delivered? possibly weight or some numbers that would be on tracking page and the box? idk just a thought

Yep eastbay pair should have a return packing slip. It will have his address on it though so he might be cautious about giving that out.

If need be tell him to photocopy it or take a picture of it with the address covered and have his phone number on there so you know its not some random eastbay packing slip.
Guys im meeting him in person hes not shipping it or anything. I will be able to check out the shoes and all in person. Im not sure he has the packing slip so im not a hundred percent sure he didnt just rip open the box and throw out. He sent me a pic of his order confirmation with the size shoe and his name on it

Guys im meeting him in person hes not shipping it or anything. I will be able to check out the shoes and all in person. Im not sure he has the packing slip so im not a hundred percent sure he didnt just rip open the box and throw out. He sent me a pic of his order confirmation with the size shoe and his name on it

to get you started

quote name="sharkin" url="/t/536390/jordan-1-black-red-no-gm-talk-allowed-buying-selling-trading-warning-removed-from-thread/25640_20#post_19511711"]http://niketalk.com/t/536390/jordan...rning-removed-from-thread/22770#post_19461504

edit: Just saw the post above me, either way this was one of more useful posts in this aftermath
I was wondering if someone could help me find the awesome gm vs real comparison pics in this thread. Haven't looked at the thread for a while but remember seeing some great comparison pics about 150-200 pages ago. Before you say 'why don't you look through', I don't have the time or the patience.

I'm hoping that one of you more up to date thread members may be able to point me to the right page or section. All I can offer is a rep and a big thanks for your time/help.

Someone made a thread.
http://niketalk.com/t/578800/2013-retro-1-bred-fake-guide#post_19475227

Last edited:

Well luck you. but obviously this buyer had more than one issues with JDF beside the item being double boxed. How can you guarantee that pair came from Nike?
That pair doesn't have the suggested retail price tag on the box.  That's all the proof you need that they didn't come from Nike.  The best case scenario is they are an overseas legit/authorized release pair but I don't think most of those pairs have made it to the U.S. yet.  They definitely hadn't made it here by 12/31 when the auction closed.  Most likely scenario is that they are fake or whatever people are calling them these days.  

That pair doesn't have the suggested retail price tag on the box.  That's all the proof you need that they didn't come from Nike.  The best case scenario is they are an overseas legit/authorized release pair but I don't think most of those pairs have made it to the U.S. yet.  They definitely hadn't made it here by 12/31 when the auction closed.  Most likely scenario is that they are fake or whatever people are calling them these days.  
You do realize those tags rip off. :tongue:
Try again...

Last edited:
Thanks Bigj. His pair are from eastbay but the box isnt stamped, does that immediately make them fake? asking for pics now

Back
Top Bottom