JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Sorry if i missed a post in here about this, but have this been said to be banneds or just breds? I got a feeling there not gonna be banneds :-( Still copping regardless but!!!!

It's most definitely not Banned 1s retroing. The Jordan related uneducated posters here think "Banned's" is the colorway of every release of this shoe and don't realize it is only the gimmick/name given by Nike of one single release of blk/red Jordan 1s. It actually says Air Jordan 1 retro high BAN on the Nike size/info tag on the 2011 Banned 1's box, unlike prior releases that only say Air Jordan 1 Retro. So they just go about the thread calling them banned's.

The blk/red 1s that are releasing in 2013 will look jus like the rest of the 2013 OG Nike Air retro 1s, just in the blk/red CW.

Last edited:
Lol he jus wanted to post that pic and try to say that quality is better because that is what he owns. "On the hunt for a couple more..." Oh really? They've only been out for 12 years, and up until this past February they weren't even outrageously priced, but you are just now casually on the hunt for more pairs? Hahaha :insert Cam'ron Nope! gif:
Shots fired...
View media item 438978
900x900px-LL-631adc1e_oie_29620479BLRkW1Z.gif

Last edited:
Yeah not sure why they released the black and red with the green and black. The green and black I get, it's to honor the celtics, not sure why they didn't use the color that he was wearing that day to pair them with.

Because JB is known for trolling us. 88 3s with the Jordan outsole was one of the ultimate trolls/slap in the face

^I always laugh when people get mad at that. You know it wasnt going to be like the OGs or early retroes.

I would love a 2001 pair of Breds. I may be reaching or it may be because of the age difference but the 2001 pair has a different shade of red than the banneds. I want a vibrant red not a dark one. If i find one for 250 or less I will grab it instead.

Quality hasnt been subpar except for the black toes.

^I always laugh when people get mad at that. You know it wasnt going to be like the OGs or early retroes.

I would love a 2001 pair of Breds. I may be reaching or it may be because of the age difference but the 2001 pair has a different shade of red than the banneds. I want a vibrant red not a dark one. If i find one for 250 or less I will grab it instead.

The '01 black/red and black/royal pop way more than the current releases but the '13 retros are no where near subpar. In a couple years we'll be begging for quality like this. These 1's will only become more sought after as time passes. Even the celtics 1's

Last edited:
The quality on the Black Toes are fine. Seemingly the leather isn't as soft as the royals but I personally don't have a problem with my pair

The '01 black/red and black/royal pop way more than the current releases but the '13 retros are no where near subpar. In a couple years we'll be begging for quality like this. These 1's will only become more sought after as time passes. Even the celtics 1's
this...

The Celtics definitely. Very underrated.
Either way I just like the 2001 red better than the banneds and I assume the 2013s

Last edited:
View media item 438217
On the hunt for a couple more 2001 pairs. Quality of all the 2013 1s have been subpar.

Why does quality matter if they're not being worn? I'm just assuming you won't wear em however seeing that you still have those DS.

Also quality on the '01s are good, not too comfortable, but good. If you plan on wearing them they're gonna look beat after a few wears because the leather is aged.

These and Shadow 1's

I really hope this isn't true because I don't see how the quality could get much worse.

I really need a pair of these. I picked up the 1994 retro last month and really want to wear them but it seems stupid to wear a shoe that's in perfect condition after 20 years when the same shoe in a more disposable form is coming out this year. Guess I'll have to wait.

Smart move. I wore my DS '94 breds and JB retroed them a year later I was pissed :lol: at least you know ahead.

Smart move. I wore my DS '94 breds and JB retroed them a year later I was pissed
laugh.gif
at least you know ahead.
reason why i copped a pair of 01s as to not un ds my banned 1s. 

something to hold me over til the fall

Last edited:
IMO up to this point the 2013's so far are the most comfortable 1's in a long time. The colors are definitely different tho but not a deal breaker

Smart move. I wore my DS '94 breds and JB retroed them a year later I was pissed :lol: at least you know ahead.
reason why i copped a pair of 01s as to not un ds my banned 1s. 
something to hold me over til the fall

That was back in 08 when JB refused to retro the great colorways, or accurately retro for that matter. Then the hi straps dropped followed by the DMP 1s. If i were you id keep those 01s nice up onto Fall.

what year did these jordan 1's release ?
Yup, it was the '09 DMP.

"Some slight differences from the Retro version that dropped in 2001. For one thing, the shade of red used on the new version will be slightly different and is also a smoother type of leather. The shoe also seems to have been thinned down a little bit from the original and will come with both red and black laces instead of only black. Some other modifications are a bigger Wings logo on the ankle, and as you probably expected, the Jumpman logo has been added to the heel and will replace the Nike Air logo that was on the tongue label."

On the hunt for a couple more 2001 pairs. Quality of all the 2013 1s have been subpar.
i haven't seen the 2013 black/red, (just hoping for royal 1s quality or better on those)

so far I really like 2013s better OG treatment than the 2001s, just look at the tucked in tongue tag (its suppose to go over), not to mention the nubuck swoosh

& the OG packaging this year is also a plus

Last edited:
I feel like 1s in general are uncomfortable because of the paper thin insoles used. If you replace or add a good insole the they are one of the most comfortable.

Yeah the insoles they gave us this year arennt that bad,mbut i agree with maybe looking to get another insole if they are giving people trouble

Good to hear. When I was researching these I also came across the "banned" bred 1's. forgive my goofy question, but when did they release? I was under the impression the "banned" ones were common out this year cause they also had "Nike air" on the tongue...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom