JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

This release got people writing grammy/oscar winning speeches after pick up. Glad everyone who actually put in work, get theirs. 

didnt know it was that serious, you would think they got a shoe that contained the winning formula to cure cancer or something, SMH

That was me I was the only one to make the NorCal list. Still struck out so if anybody can help me with a pair pm me
Yea, Big thanks for u to make the list, but a couple others post one code here and there, I just wanna rep em as well. I'll be looking out for u. Big props again!!

which sheik you go to in the bay? J5
It was the Berkeley telegraph one

Dude on Baltimore CL selling an 8, 9.5, 10, and 12 for 250
SCAM! Just called. He want's me to send him a Weston Union M.O. and then hold the confirmation #.....
mean.gif

Absolutely shocked stores are now doing raffles for GS. Its a sad day when kids sizes need raffles.

"cool story" warning:

Went to shieks in culver city mall, hoping to get my 7 yr old and wife a 3.5y and 5y. THats when i learned about the raffle at our first stop (Kids footlocker). I felt like an old man not knowing they did raffles for Gs.

Stroll to Shieks and took a 4y. My son currently wears a 1.5y, so these were purchased for the future. Struck out for the wife. SO we're leaving and as we get close to the hall for the parking lot, a 25 year old female stops us and says did we have any luck getting that 5y. Told her no. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a size 5 and said she wanted us to have it because my son was sad we couldnt get one for mommy. He tried to voluntarily give up his pair to get one for Mom. He didnt understand they sold out in her size. She did it because my son was being sweet and she was planning on reselling. I gave her $110 and also gave her a $50 AMEX giftcard for being kind. There are still good people out there. Wife and oldest son are happy today. Thats all that matters

*puts cool story flame suit on.

is a trade for royal 1s straight up a fair trade?
No! Hell no! Royals are nicer and far rarer at this point. You said you'd tell me how you were scooping pairs off FNL the weeks after Royal launch and 9 months later you still haven't said anything :rolleyes

Lowkey think I know how to do it at this point

If it makes any of you feel better, I hear these were a *****fight to get here in Australia too. No cake walk like the royals were.

I wasn't after these.

Absolutely shocked stores are now doing raffles for GS. Its a sad day when kids sizes need raffles.

"cool story" warning:

Went to shieks in culver city mall, hoping to get my 7 yr old and wife a 3.5y and 5y. THats when i learned about the raffle at our first stop (Kids footlocker). I felt like an old man not knowing they did raffles for Gs.

Stroll to Shieks and took a 4y. My son currently wears a 1.5y, so these were purchased for the future. Struck out for the wife. SO we're leaving and as we get close to the hall for the parking lot, a 25 year old female stops us and says did we have any luck getting that 5y. Told her no. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a size 5 and said she wanted us to have it because my son was sad we couldnt get one for mommy. He tried to voluntarily give up his pair to get one for Mom. He didnt understand they sold out in her size. She did it because my son was being sweet and she was planning on reselling. I gave her $110 and also gave her a $50 AMEX giftcard for being kind. There are still good people out there. Wife and oldest son are happy today. Thats all that matters

View media item 714892Riveting tale chap

No, but seriously, you did good my man.

didnt know it was that serious, you would think they got a shoe that contained the winning formula to cure cancer or something, SMH

I'm dying though.......i'm salty but it is funny looking at cats give a essay on their life and giving Oscar speech's. Its like they won the Nobel Peace Prize lol.

Last edited:
can i find DS banned 1's for $500 still? lol

SRS
surprisingly, yes....there are a few pairs I've seen floating on CL here in phx in the 500-600 range....there was a $450 (worn once) but it went by the time I texted..

they exist....let's hope this release helps bring the banned prices back down to earth.....

SMH I remember the second week they released folks couldn't give them away for $200.....

I don't
if he got insoles, hes good

I don't know what's wrong with ya'll retros are not made for performance, strictly aesthetic and casual walking. JB knows this and puts cheaper materials consciously, only the newer one's (way of wade, cp3's etc..)

It seems like this is the running theme in the thread for those who had difficulty getting a pair. I totally understand that mentality - let's look at it from a big picture perspective.

Nike released several big drops in December (company's busiest quarter in most cases) we know the effective BoM (bill of materials) to make the shoe ~$20....
Nike introduced 500-750K pairs of a new XI colorway...some hate it, some loved it.....go find a pair on the shelves somewhere right now - you can't....
The shoe culture has changed....PERIOD....1995 - I walked into a store in Brooklyn and grabbed a pair of Jordans, tried them on and swapped when I didn't like them as a kid.
Now, almost 19 years later you are fighting against pre-programmed bots using twitter to get an allocated RSVP to get a a pair in areas where Jordans once weren't popular.....it's mainstream culture fused with the image of "limited availability" in most cases....

NIKE DOESN'T CARE FOLKS......they have people dedicated to market research....all of us in here, each and every single one of us, as salty as you are, are feeding the machine, the hype.....DO YOU KNOW HOW????? by keeping the shoe relevant...
Nike knows they got us, if they release 100K pairs of OG 1's, and every one gets one, they lose....think about it...they want folks salivating and paying resellers...they use that as a gauge of popularity....why haven't we seen the II's or XVIII's retroed.......seriously....

Nike can drop 10,000 Pairs of Royals, "mis-allocate" and they become the sleeper of the year (bred OG to follow).....and the next release what do we ALL SAY????

"Never again!, I'm on my game, I'm not missing my grails" and so the cycle begins....none of us that say "I'm done" ever truly get out
All that happens is the pain of a loss goes away, we cop a good release here or there and like an ex girlfriend you still have feelings for, you find yourself having coffee together waiting for the next release....

It sucks wasting your time to come up short and in most cases, it sucks paying reseller prices...but this is a whole ecosystem starting with the RSVP bots, resellers, sites like UTA or CitySole all the way up to Nike....

nothings going to change in the near future....take the L and on the to the next one or pay the reseller or wait for a restock...
Tis the world we live in when it comes to Jordans and pop culture.

You're not wrong in what you say. But these haven't been given the proper general release treatment since 2001... After that, you had the strap Jordan 1 bred's from 08, the DMP package 1's, and then the infamous banned 1's a couple of years back......

The point is, these shoes can/will sell regardless of how many times they are issued because the color way and history of the shoe sells itself. Jordan Brand is doing a big disservice to many people who might not have even had this color way before...simply because they chose to limit the production numbers of a staple color way in the Air Jordan history...

This shoe is exceptionally easy to make, and for what they are charging at $140 a pair, comparatively speaking from the $65 retail price of the 85's, they could afford to make these in higher numbers.

December is the highest grossing month for a lot of companies. Jordan Brand KNEW these would sell and STILL made it very difficult to obtain. This is why I say they did not want a lot of people's money.

Anybody who thinks that this shoe needs to be limited to create hype is sadly mistaken. This is an iconic shoe, and should have been allocated in bigger supplies to meet the demand.

In the end I think as long as we get what we actually wanted, the extra stuff doesn't matter. My friend got lucky and won two raffles for gamma xi's then one woman said she came all the way from 4 hours away to get her husband a pair but didn't win and still my friend sold it to her for still above retail but only by about $50-$60. Still quite lower than market value. I still think that the thing that happened to you was better. I'm sure if this happened more often instead of people going up to others willing to offer that money, resellers would not be what they are today. releases like these make me pissed when I see someone with a hoard of them with them being quite limited. I could care less if some person had hundreds of gamma xi's for sale. Those were easy to cop. Those shouldn't have been any mess for anyone honestly. 

"cool story" warning:

That's awesome. Maybe it was meant to be. Good things happen to great people.

Back
Top Bottom