JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

Just hooked up a fellow NTer with a 9.5 less than $300

Check your spots for no shows!!
That's a hook up?

You're not wrong in what you say. But these haven't been given the proper general release treatment since 2001... After that, you had the strap Jordan 1 bred's from 08, the DMP package 1's, and then the infamous banned 1's a couple of years back......

The point is, these shoes can/will sell regardless of how many times they are issued because the color way and history of the shoe sells itself. Jordan Brand is doing a big disservice to many people who might not have even had this color way before...simply because they chose to limit the production numbers of a staple color way in the Air Jordan history...

This shoe is exceptionally easy to make, and for what they are charging at $140 a pair, comparatively speaking from the $65 retail price of the 85's, they could afford to make these in higher numbers.

December is the highest grossing month for a lot of companies. Jordan Brand KNEW these would sell and STILL made it very difficult to obtain. This is why I say they did not want a lot of people's money.

Anybody who thinks that this shoe needs to be limited to create hype is sadly mistaken. This is an iconic shoe, and should have been allocated in bigger supplies to meet the demand.
I don't disagree with you one bit....I think you're spot on - my issue is that we don't see that the "iconocism and nostalgia" is fleeting.....
Nike knows they need the next generation up on the releases. They could retro this twice a year and it will sell out

To those of us who were born in the 80's, watched him play and emulated it through the purchases, it makes sense...we are a dying breed.
hence, CW like the gamma's come out, hype ensues and Nike rakes it in. 
It's like the video game companies....let's use Nintendo....they put out new IP's (intellectual properties) and the hopes are to lure in new markets.
They release a new Mario only once/twice every generational system release....why? they know these are the best sellers....it's to use the existing market to bring in the profit...
This is all proven market research....I'll see if the can find the papers I researched in my grad program concerning market persuasion and analytics....it is a good read and helps paint the picture as to why companies like Nike do what they do when it comes to popular product releases...

and if you don't want to read the post...keep scrolling...this is a forum, this is the point...to have a discussion....
This post is rep worthy. Sadly I'd guess only 5% of the people in this thread actually understood it.

You guys don't remember how FNL did the Royal's? The only had a few of the sizes for the actual release (size 7.5-10.5 I believe), and then released the rest on one of the mornings of the next week. Stupid hard to get and limited.

I believe 72 pairs. A couple of size runs basically. I have nothing to confirm that, but since that is the number that is being thrown out there, I believe it.
Completely false. FNL had all sizes up to 14. They went live at 7:50am eastern. Checked out with an 11.5 by 7:51-7:52.

Last edited:
That's a hook up?
This post is rep worthy. Sadly I'd guess only 5% of the people in this thread actually understood it.
Completely false. FNL had all sizes up to 14. They went live at 7:50am eastern. Checked out with an 11.5 by 7:51-7:52.
That's a hook up?
Completely false. FNL had all sizes up to 14. They went live at 7:50am eastern. Checked ot with an 11.5 by 7:51-7:52.[/quote

I'm sure any member that did not cop would Gladly pay $250 on releaese day for these!!!
Am I wrong guys??

i hope every crooked employee such as these guys all get exposed, and help put pressure on other shady employees, major part of the reason the sneaker culture has gone sour...someone flame this man.
mean.gif

Smdh this is ridiculous

i hope every crooked employee such as these guys all get exposed, and help put pressure on other shady employees, major part of the reason the sneaker culture has gone sour...someone flame this man.:smh:

LOL: It'd be hilarious if that piece of manager got fired, but I highly doubt that happens. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All they have to do it check the inventory unless dude returned them to the store until release day.

Why so much hate and bickering in this thread?

I mean I agree that something has to be done about resellers and the stores that are in the pockets of these resllers but it is what it is. These days if you want something you have to understand you might have to put in work for them. My area had a total of 5 stores that got them. The footlocker and footaction that got them did their tickets last Monday and we're telling people they wouldn't do it until Friday. The jimmy jazz in brandon did a "raffle" but the people that won are the usual suspects. The finish line in Clearwater caved to a reseller that brought 12 people with him and he walked away with their whole stock. That left me one finish line and a 13 hour CampOut. I was the first in line by a half hour and then the madness started from there but in the end I walked away with the ONE pair I wanted. So it is sickening to see pictures with multiple pairs from people just flipping them for almost triple the price over retail. I've been in this game since the mid 90's and it's NEVER been this bad.

That's a hook up?
That's a hook up?
Completely false. FNL had all sizes up to 14. They went live at 7:50am eastern. Checked ot with an 11.5 by 7:51-7:52.[/quote

I'm sure any member that did not cop would Gladly pay $250 on releaese day for these!!!
Am I wrong guys??
Our definition of hook up is different.  I'm not knocking your price, but rather what you consider a hook up.  Unless you copped 'em from the store above MSRP, you still made a good amount.  In any event, good price on your part.

Last edited:
On to the Infrareds for me.

That exposure of the HOH manager really rubbed me the wrong way and turned me off. Because the king of Prussia HOH is my local one. Makes me sick, what a joke. He'll get his, especially once this story picks up steam and corporate starts looking into it. Seems like dudes at the corporate level across all major retailers are starting to crack down.

I thinks its pretty much the same, I can honestly say the gs pairs stitching is more on point and the leather seems like its a little stiffer.

How would you compare Gs version to regular ones? Are there any differences when it comes to quality, shape of the shoe etc?

I refuse to pay a dime above retail + shipping these days.  Its sad the craze behind these and I feel its only so hard to cop because of the market.  I don't blame re sellers, they're filling a space, they only exist because of the outrageous prices people are willing to pay.  If people truly wish to see anything close to the good old days, ie waking up around 8-10 am make your way to a shop or 2 and locate your size and enjoy your day, they'll be patient and snub everyone selling for those ridiculous prices.  Make em sit on those pairs until they have to lower the price to sell.  Im sure the # of ppl needed to accomplish this would never come together to do what I'm suggesting but guaranteed if this retail or nothing attitude carried over to say 2-3 releases people would be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.  Its simple, eliminate their reason to sell, insane profit margins from retail in such a short time, msrp @140 I see ppl here, on CL and ebay asking almost double if not more. If people want those prices to drop and also not have the pleasure of clicking a live release link and seeing every single pair sold out/ in a cart within 2-3 seconds of the link going live lol.  
Peace NT

This is exactly how I've been looking at this all for the last year or so, word for word.

The fact that people are willing to run around like headless chickens and spend two or three times retail in the case they miss out as though they'd die if they don't get these, only to complain about the fact that things are the way they are is the exact REASON things are the way they are.

The fact that people have chalked it up to "it is what it is" and have resigned to needing to "put in work" for the opportunity to spend money on overpriced basketball shoes doesn't help either :smh:

All of that aside, I hope your hunt for a pair for retail is successful. I'm on the same hunt myself. :nthat:

Last edited:
On to the Infrareds for me.

That exposure of the HOH manager really rubbed me the wrong way and turned me off. Because the king of Prussia HOH is my local one. Makes me sick, what a joke. He'll get his, especially once this story picks up steam and corporate starts looking into it. Seems like dudes at the corporate level across all major retailers are starting to crack down.
Tell 'em why you mad son: 610 337 7343

It's be hilarious if that HOH was bombarded with calls from pissed off people. 

Our definitions of hook up are different.  I'm not knocking your price, but rather what you consider a hook up.  Unless you copped 'em from the store above MSRP, you still made a good amount.  In any event, good price on your part.

By no means am I a reseller!! I thoroughly did my research on this release cuz I didn't want another Royals fiasco on my hands. In my quest to find a 2nd pair I came across various sizes. I figure the leg work alone to help others should come with some reward.

Btw I also help others in here cop for retail by pm spots that where doing guaranteed tix with no one in line to cop the 1s

Congrats to all that where able to cop

Be back out in full army fatigue for the infared vi and Im FINETO!!!!!

That's a hook up?

I don't know about the page going live that early. I was on the page at 6:45 central time up to 7:01 central time and it constantly said Product not available until 7:02 central time. If what you're saying is true that means the page goes live at different times for different people which is BOGUS but I guess that would explain why sizes are sold out at 1st glance of the page. Smh! The internet is the DEVIL!

common knowledge that ALL of the NYC raffles are rigged.. they need to do it from a centralized spot like they do the RSVP for NikeTown.. hand out tickets and a computer selects and emails the winners without the employees involvement except to hand out tix and check IDs

Back
Top Bottom