JORDAN 1 Black-Red -- RETAIL Vs FAKE-GM PAIRS ULTIMATE COMPARISON ON THE 1ST PAGE!!!!RECEIPTS ARE NO

You'll never get an accurate feel of the older pairs cuz leather stiffens and cushion becomes hard on your 85
Thanks fam. I believe you have the black and white OG pair correct? I know the comfort varies now that you told me but how did those feel on you if you did wear them? Unless you replaced insole or etc. 

Correct. The 85 & 94 have more of a basketball construction, built to sustain wear and tear. They're not comfortable whatsoever due to stiffness and the high ankle cut. The 01 is very soft due to time, and not as comfortable for extended periods of time. The '13 pairs are great because they're new, and well out together. Not too stiff around the ankle rim giving them a comfortable fit. But in time they'll suffer the same as all older shoes.

Airthompson I know you have a few 1s from yesteryear....which release to you is the most comfortable. .....if you had the older pairs closer to their rd do you think they would be more comfortable than the 13s? To me the 13 pairs are night and day comfort wise to the 01 black red pair I had in the early 2000s.

Wow 2 days and no post. thats impressive.

The "Fear Pack" and it's elusiveness is all the buzz right now and people are pretty near sighted when it comes to sneaker/retro releases. Time and resources are usually spent on the next release and maybe the few thereafter and since there are about 10 retros due to release before this one, this thread won't pick up any heavy steam for awhile. But when it does...

Airthompson I know you have a few 1s from yesteryear....which release to you is the most comfortable. .....if you had the older pairs closer to their rd do you think they would be more comfortable than the 13s? To me the 13 pairs are night and day comfort wise to the 01 black red pair I had in the early 2000s.

I had the '01 Retro I's on up when they were new. I agree with you the '13 Retro is far more comfortable. I know the '13 Retro shares a similar mold to the '94, aside from the thicker padded collar, genuine leather & rolled toe cap. I think the '85 & '94 pairs were very comfortable in their day because they were so well constructed, no corners were cut, and made to be actual gym shoes. Today if you tried to ball in most retros your feet hurt.

The "Fear Pack" and it's elusiveness is all the buzz right now and people are pretty near sighted when it comes to sneaker/retro releases. Time and resources are usually spent on the next release and maybe the few thereafter and since there are about 10 retros due to release before this one, this thread won't pick up any heavy steam for awhile. But when it does...

The Fear Pack?! People are actually interested in buying those horrific things. They should be called the S+hit Pack, cuz they look like straight doodoo.

Last edited:
Can someone school me on this Jordan brand leather ? Are all newer releases are all synthetic ? I have '98 bred 13s and it all feels the same tbh .

The '13 pairs are great because they're new, and well out together. Not too stiff around the ankle rim giving them a comfortable fit. But in time they'll suffer the same as all older shoes.
If they were made exactly like the ogs alot of people wouldnt buy them.. unless they just collect. I cant see a reason to wear an uncomfortable shoe

I've changed my mind. Since these are coming out 28th of December, I've decided to wait till February and have them as my birthday present. Long time away :frown:

I've changed my mind. Since these are coming out 28th of December, I've decided to wait till February and have them as my birthday present. Long time away :frown:

By February of 2014 I don't think you'll agree or want to pay 700+ for a sneaker...

If they were made exactly like the ogs alot of people wouldnt buy them.. unless they just collect. I cant see a reason to wear an uncomfortable shoe

What? You think people buy J's now because of comfort? Jordan's could feel like bricks and people would still buy.

Didn't realize hype beasts cared about comfort.

IMO I wouldn't have done that.
No guarantee that you will be able to cop.
But to each their own. Best of luck to you on RD.

Do you know if he can get a pair easily or not?Maybe the guy has locked down a pair or two so don't be so sure.;p)

Back
Top Bottom