Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Does the Legit app do anything different than Check Check?

I always thought, at best it was some guy who looked at my photos for 1-2 minutes while smoking a blunt and watching Scarface.

At worst it’s just a computer looking at the photos.

theres a whole lot of nuance to the whole fake situation but I do have a friend that works on the tech side of authentication and his company got acquired by a larger platform and ive gotten to see a lot about it. most folks that work behind the scenes sign NDAs but ive shared some of what i know. All legit checking apps, and services use some level of AI to authenticate and have been for the past 2-3 years. Theyre not all the same but legit app uses the best of the best and continues to update and invest in it. My friend has gone as far to say that legit app uses higher level tech than stockx goat and ebay. Legit apps AI scans things like font/spacing on a box label, size tag, tongue tag, and scans the footbed stitching underneath insole but most of the time all thats needed is the footbed stiticing to determine authenticity since fakes arent made in the same factories those things are almost never all right. but thats getting to a super technical level.

most fakes struggle with colors, shapes, and small details that are easy to overlook out in the wild but stand out when put up against real pairs

all that to say, if you suspect youre getting hit with a fake pair, finding out if its actually real or fake isnt as hopeless as folks make it seem. fakes are good enough to be passed off casually on foot but thats pretty much it

theres a whole lot of nuance to the whole fake situation but I do have a friend that works on the tech side of authentication and his company got acquired by a larger platform and ive gotten to see a lot about it. most folks that work behind the scenes sign NDAs but ive shared some of what i know. All legit checking apps, and services use some level of AI to authenticate and have been for the past 2-3 years. Theyre not all the same but legit app uses the best of the best and continues to update and invest in it. My friend has gone as far to say that legit app uses higher level tech than stockx goat and ebay. Legit apps AI scans things like font/spacing on a box label, size tag, tongue tag, and scans the footbed stitching underneath insole but most of the time all thats needed is the footbed stiticing to determine authenticity since fakes arent made in the same factories those things are almost never all right. but thats getting to a super technical level.

most fakes struggle with colors, shapes, and small details that are easy to overlook out in the wild but stand out when put up against real pairs

all that to say, if you suspect youre getting hit with a fake pair, finding out if its actually real or fake isnt as hopeless as folks make it seem. fakes are good enough to be passed off casually on foot but thats pretty much it
This is fascinating.

...and terrifying.

But none of those have their own signature shoe. If you have up it own shoe but are promoting someone else’s shoes… doesn’t seem smart
Outside of the XX and maybe AZG, the majority of his own sig line doesn’t have much casual appeal. Too damn bulky to be wearing off court

Outside of the XX and maybe AZG, the majority of his own sig line doesn’t have much casual appeal. Too damn bulky to be wearing off court

I liked most of them up until the IX (not all had casual appeal but still good looking shoes nonetheless), then they got way too bulky and futuristic looking for me. I don’t think I’ve copped a Lebron since the IXs now that I think about it. Minus a couple retros

The fact that he's not wearing his own sig shoe there is a very bad look. I wonder what his contract states. But when a company gives you a billion dollars, you should wear your damn shoes .

You actin like he got a pair of Yeezys on lol

They are still Nikes bro.

Irrelevant. Not a good look. Nike doesn't need to pay him to promote Nike or Jordan brand products. It's not about whether it's better or worse than wearing a non-Nike brand product; it' about wearing Lebron shoes.

I liked most of them up until the IX (not all had casual appeal but still good looking shoes nonetheless), then they got way too bulky and futuristic looking for me. I don’t think I’ve copped a Lebron since the IXs now that I think about it. Minus a couple retros
Agree. You might want to try the XX though.

Irrelevant. Not a good look. Nike doesn't need to pay him to promote Nike or Jordan brand products. It's not about whether it's better or worse than wearing a non-Nike brand product; it' about wearing Lebron shoes.

Nike pays Lebron to promote Nike products.

Jordan 1s falls under the said Nike products umbrella.

This is very much relevant, as your argument isn’t and falls simply on subjectivity.

Nike pays Lebron to promote Nike products.

Jordan 1s falls under the said Nike products umbrella.

This is very much relevant, as your argument isn’t and falls simply on subjectivity.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't know you had access to his contract. From a consumer perspective it seems odd.

I'm usually good about moving forward with my Ls 98% of the time, but I couldn't take this one. Sucks to pay resell, but I'm happy to have them
20230221_163431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom