Jordan 1 High 85 "Black/White"- February 15th 2023

Yet there's people in this thread saying they're "so far off" lmao.

I've watched comparison videos with OG 85s where the creator is saying that they're very close.
I've had friends that own actual 85s in addition to the retro 85 tell me that they're close.

But according to a handful of posters on here, they're "not even close" :lol:
I know whose judgement I'm trusting :lol:
They tweaked this black/white pair, don’t kid yourself. Watch the weartesters video and he mentions it. You can see the differences from the others. There are still guys out there making better ‘85’s than the actual company. They will get my money.

Hey, but keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Jordan Brand loves it!

Videos I was referring to used Neutral Grays so nah, not talking about the slight toe box tweak and the straightening of the heel.

Lol at "Kool Aid," when I was getting clowned for saying that a certain hand made customizer was doing better than Nike and that I would easily wear his pairs, ya were no where to be found :lol: I copped a pair regardless and I'm happy with them.

Just cuz the toe box still needs to be fixed more doesn't mean they are "no where near", you guys are dragging it.

Videos I was referring to used Neutral Grays so nah, not talking about the slight toe box tweak and the straightening of the heel.

Lol at "Kool Aid," when I was getting clowned for saying that a certain hand made customizer was doing better than Nike and that I would easily wear his pairs, ya were no where to be found :lol: I copped a pair regardless and I'm happy with them.

Just cuz the toe box still needs to be fixed more doesn't mean they are "no where near", you guys are dragging it.
The black/white pair does look better, but if you look at some of those past pairs, the shape was deformed. Not an attractive looking sneaker and I’m not sad to pass on any of them.

IMG_0359.jpg

I need like 1,000,000 more people to adopt Spoons sentiments in regards to the new '85 mould so that when we finally get the Chicago's, Black Toes, and Black/Reds they'll be easy to get. :nerd:

Man, I was a little unimpressed when I opened the box. They're nice but I was expecting the quality to be similar to the Georgetowns. Leather is thinner and not as nice. Tongues not sown on straight. The print on the inside of the heel that says the size and sku is screen printed on as oppose to the Georgetowns letter being raised. Glad to have a pair, just pointing out the differences in the two pairs so everyone who struck out, don't come at me. lol. Georgetowns are a 12.5 and are taller than size 13 black and white also.
IMG_8790.jpeg

sa
Look closely at the blue leather sections on the Georgetowns and you can see the fake dimpling which means a thicker PU coat to make a more consistent color throughout. The black leather on the BWs doesn’t have it. That’s what is probably making the leather feel “thicker” on the GTs.

Last edited:
I wasn't alive in 1985 to witness firsthand, but from what I've seen through hundreds of online pics of 1985 1s over the years, there were the same discrepancies, flaws, and variations between shoes back then. For starters, diff factories in diff countries were used for 1s in 1985. Not every toebox or swoosh or wings logo or stitching was perfect back then, nor is it now.

I wasn't alive in 1985 to witness firsthand, but from what I've seen through hundreds of online pics of 1985 1s over the years, there were the same discrepancies, flaws, and variations between shoes back then. For starters, diff factories in diff countries were used for 1s in 1985. Not every toebox or swoosh or wings logo or stitching was perfect back then, nor is it now.
I was alive back then and had a pair. All I can say is my pair didn’t have a scrunched up bulbous toebox and the shape was better overall. If it looked like this so called ‘85 I would’ve passed back then. Hey, but I’m not trying to convince anybody, enjoy them. I’m just not personally buying them to wear. They are just for trade bait. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom