Jordan 1 High Royal Reimagined - November 4, 2023

I started my return for my SNKRS EA pair after I got the SoleLinks 15% off noti from WSS. WSS coming thru nice on a Saturday.

Everyone keeps saying this but what does it really mean? Do you have less money than you did 2 years ago? I think sneakers were just a wave for mainstream consumers and that wave is passing.

it means people get more money but spend more money because inflation is high. Interest rates are rising, including credit cards, and people are in serious credit card debt.

unemployment is low, gdp is up but there are affordability issues across the board. People are struggling.

This is a multitude of things, so stop picking lanes.

1. Suede 1s have never been big sellers. Royals are my favorite 1 colorway (blue), but I was disappointed in the rendition. I got them anyway cause I might as well beat it into the ground.
2. Stock numbers are STUPID. Nike way overestimated the demand on these after the L&F's, but they probably weren't anticipating the next bullet either.
3. The economy is doing worse. Rising rates means people can't afford things as easily (look at mortgage rates). I work in banking; we are not loaning out money even when the credit profile fits because there's not enough return. That trickles down everywhere. The government also isn't giving out free money anymore....y'all remember what happened when they did in 2020? Everyone went and bought whatever the F they wanted, stupidly. Y'all really see the amount of people making 6 figures stating they're living check to check?

If you don’t feel like waiting… and you in north jersey.. FTL In American Dream mall.. got mad extras.. just picked my joints up

I much rather have “damn I paid retail and could have had it on sale a few months later.” Then “damn I really wanted that pair but it sold out and I have to buy it off a reseller.”

These sitting is a good thing for those who really wanted IMHO. And those high retail prices are only detouring the resellers and it also helps those who are on the fence about buying a certain pair. High price sitting = eventual discounts in the future.

I miss the days of feeling like I found a “grail” on sale. Or being excited to buy something not many other people cared about. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No matter how u slice it, as of rn, this is NOT a successful release for nike. And it's ok. I'm actually happy. All they gotta do is give us what we want and it's blatantly obvious nobody wants these. And, again... it's ok.

Humor me....

How do you know what is or isn't the measure of success for Nike or Jordan brand?

Because if you think this release is the measure, you are sadly mistaken.

Use code save15now for $153 plus tax

Are the PS listed? I can't navigate that site to save my life.

This is a multitude of things, so stop picking lanes.

1. Suede 1s have never been big sellers. Royals are my favorite 1 colorway (blue), but I was disappointed in the rendition. I got them anyway cause I might as well beat it into the ground.
2. Stock numbers are STUPID. Nike way overestimated the demand on these after the L&F's, but they probably weren't anticipating the next bullet either.
3. The economy is doing worse. Rising rates means people can't afford things as easily (look at mortgage rates). I work in banking; we are not loaning out money even when the credit profile fits because there's not enough return. That trickles down everywhere. The government also isn't giving out free money anymore....y'all remember what happened when they did in 2020? Everyone went and bought whatever the F they wanted, stupidly. Y'all really see the amount of people making 6 figures stating they're living check to check?

This man knows! I tell people all the time, I make high 6 figures and it doesn't go nowhere near as far as it did less than 2 years ago. It literally feels like check to check back when I was in my 20s just making 25k a year. Eventually, the shoe bubble was going to burst. No normal person unless you're a multi millionaire can keep up with purchasing $200-250 shoes almost weekly as disposable income. I have it and still won't do it. Got to be more selective and thr constant drops JB and Nike are doing weekly isn't a sustainable model and eventually may kill the brand. The every few months drop was the best. It kept the shoes hyped and limited enough and desirable.

This man knows! I tell people all the time, I make high 6 figures and it doesn't go nowhere near as far as it did less than 2 years ago. It literally feels like check to check back when I was in my 20s just making 25k a year. Eventually, the shoe bubble was going to burst. No normal person unless you're a multi millionaire can keep up with purchasing $200-250 shoes almost weekly as disposable income. I have it and still won't do it. Got to be more selective and thr constant drops JB and Nike are doing weekly isn't a sustainable model and eventually may kill the brand. The every few months drop was the best. It kept the shoes hyped and limited enough and desirable.

While I agree about the spending money, even with the high number of bad releases, this brand isn't dying.

Are the PS listed? I can't navigate that site to save my life.

No matter how u slice it, as of rn, this is NOT a successful release for nike. And it's ok. I'm actually happy. All they gotta do is give us what we want and it's blatantly obvious nobody wants these. And, again... it's ok.
You’re still measuring a shoes success by instant sell out and hype.

Could not resist....got mine from hibbets...my pair is flawless. No scuffs or ashy sections. These have a good heavy feel to em....I might be based in this moment but these lowkey may be favorite cop of the year.....next to black toe lows. Idk ....jordan 1s just hit different to the brain for me.

While I agree about the spending money, even with the high number of bad releases, this brand isn't dying.

They'll be fine...but I do think they need to cut back. They literally said they were gonna pull back production in 2015...need to do it again. It's getting absurd.

How much “free money” was yall getting during the pandemic?

I feel fortunate that I didn't qualify for any...but people just need to be smarter with money. It isn't a hard concept to save. Willpower and restraint on non-essential things are lost on modern society and the "need it now to stunt" BS. We do a poor job on educating kids on things they really need to know

Use code save15now for $153 plus tax

Damn would've bought at this price. Back to waiting. Good deal and great share.

I’m happy for the folks that wanted this shoe & able to get with ease & no stress

However, I am laughing at JB thinking this release was going to be a Homerun tho.

Just release it like how it supposed to because no one ask for Suede 1s

bought them for retail just to see in person.
got an offer for this, however, and I'm curious on opinions

Screenshot_20231104_134916.jpg

Last edited:
Humor me....

How do you know what is or isn't the measure of success for Nike or Jordan brand?

Because if you think this release is the measure, you are sadly mistaken.
In the eyes of NIKE, as of rn and considering what they use to, do u think this is a successful release? It's one thing when there's a fsr on random sites. It's entirely different when there's a fsr on snkrs of all places. This clearly shows there is no demand for this shoe. And being as tho it's an OG c/w, that proves my point even more. Idk why yall acting like I'm talking crazy lol.

Back
Top Bottom