Jordan 1 OG High "White/Black" Releasing 11/8/14

LULZ in this piece 
laugh.gif

Just signed up y'all. I've been lurking for sometime as I can't recover my old account from the sneakertalk.yuku days...oh well. Just copped these today (missed out on retail but only paid 40 over retail so I'm happy) and figured I'd get back on here.

Now these are out the way just need the Black Toes and the Chicago 1's (hopefully they drop next year with proper NA branding...won't cop till they do) to complete the set of NA 1's.

Anyway when these get here I'll be keeping the black laces in. That's mandatory. I'd throw red laces in there before I used the white ones. Just might do that...

With regards to all the talk about quality, I'm not exactly sure about how to feel with this pair.

For one, the padding is the same as the Baron 1s; the padding is really lacking compared to the other 1s.

Here is a comparison with Shadows/Royals/Family Forevers.

Black/White:

Shadows:

Family Forever:

Royals:

Verdict:  It's kind of hard to tell the difference of the amount of padding in the photos, but between the Black/White and Shadows, the Shadow are marginally better.  However, the Family Forever and Royals have arguably the best padding amongst the four pairs.

Now the question about the leather quality got brought up and there seemed to be a big difference in opinion regarding the quality.

Both the Royals and Black/White 1s have comparable smooth leather.  The Family Forever 1s have undoubtedly the best (tumbled) leather, which is very soft.  I didn't add a picture of the shadows because its the same as the Royals and Black/Whites.

Now an interesting thing I noticed from reading all the posts here is that some people on the forums said that the Black/White pair has nice quality leather.  I picked up 2 pairs, one for me and one for my brother; however, I only managed to get one in my size and one in a larger size (to size swap).  The strange thing is that the two pairs have different qualities in leather...

In the 1st picture, the left pair (size 12) has black tumbled leather on the ankle/eyelet panel, where as the right pair (size 9) has smooth tumbled leather like the toe box and the rest of the shoe.

In the 2nd picture, I tried to get a closer shot of the different leather, so you guys don't think I'm crazy or making this up.  Top pair has the tumbled leather (size 12) and the bottom pair (size 9) has smooth leather.

Not sure what is up with this JB... but definitely an interesting find.  Since I seen others mention the quality on the Black/White 1s, and with these details come to light, I was wondering if there could possibly be a pair that has tumbled leather on the whole shoe?  

The Royals or the Shadows don't have any of the tumbled leather on the shoes.  Sorry for the long post, just love the silhouette of the 1s!  Anyways, if anyone can add to this please do, as I am curious about the inconsistencies!

I
With regards to all the talk about quality, I'm not exactly sure about how to feel with this pair.

For one, the padding is the same as the Baron 1s; the padding is really lacking compared to the other 1s.

View media item 1253264

Black/White:

View media item 1253276

Shadows:

View media item 1253279

Family Forever:

View media item 1253283

Royals:

View media item 1253286

Verdict:  It's kind of hard to tell the difference of the amount of padding in the photos, but between the Black/White and Shadows, the Shadow are marginally better.  However, the Family Forever and Royals have arguably the best padding amongst the four pairs.

Now the question about the leather quality got brought up and there seemed to be a big difference in opinion regarding the quality.

View media item 1253288

View media item 1253289

Both the Royals and Black/White 1s have comparable smooth leather.  The Family Forever 1s have undoubtedly the best (tumbled) leather, which is very soft.  I didn't add a picture of the shadows because its the same as the Royals and Black/Whites.

Now an interesting thing I noticed from reading all the posts here is that some people on the forums said that the Black/White pair has nice quality leather.  I picked up 2 pairs, one for me and one for my brother; however, I only managed to get one in my size and one in a larger size (to size swap).  The strange thing is that the two pairs have different qualities in leather...

View media item 1253293

View media item 1253294

In the 1st picture, the left pair (size 12) has black tumbled leather on the ankle/eyelet panel, where as the right pair (size 9) has smooth tumbled leather like the toe box and the rest of the shoe.

In the 2nd picture, I tried to get a closer shot of the different leather, so you guys don't think I'm crazy or making this up.  Top pair has the tumbled leather (size 12) and the bottom pair (size 9) has smooth leather.

Not sure what is up with this JB... but definitely an interesting find.  Since I seen others mention the quality on the Black/White 1s, and with these details come to light, I was wondering if there could possibly be a pair that has tumbled leather on the whole shoe?  

The Royals or the Shadows don't have any of the tumbled leather on the shoes.  Sorry for the long post, just love the silhouette of the 1s!  Anyways, if anyone can add to this please do, as I am curious about the inconsistencies!

I haven't gotten the BW1's in hand yet but from what I've seen in pictures the leather is comparable to Shadows IMO (as in the leather doesn't crease upon touching it). Not sure why some shoes have tumbled leather though... Never seen that before with any of the 1's. Hope mine aren't though...I prefer smooth leather over tumbled.

Dope Photography Work As Always Buddy! :pimp:

Any Shot At Getting An Unmarked Shot For The Desktop Background?

Thanks In Advance!

It should be easy to cut that out with photoshop or even mspaint

Damn ya'll ****** wack. Why you gonna take off his watermark. It ain't even big enough to care about. If you like his photography work that much you should not be so worried about taking off the watermark. LOL it's a dope shot. Give that man credit for his work!

Last edited:

Black/White:

Shadows:

Family Forever:

Royals:

Bruh i thought i was the only one, one of my four swooshes is tumbled and the rest are smooth

Damn ya'll ****** wack. Why you gonna take off his watermark. It ain't even big enough to care about. If you like his photography work that much you should not be so worried about taking off the watermark. LOL it's a dope shot. Give that man credit for his work!

Damn Son Did That Somehow Offend You, The Dude That DIDN'T Take The Pic? :lol:

I Gave That Man His Props In My First Sentence! :rolleyes

The Picture Is Great, There's No Questioning His Photography Skillset...... A Picture Sans The Watermark Just Looks Better As A Screensaver, No Discredit To His Work Whatsoever.

Time To Take That Cape Off And Put It Thru The Wash B!

Eastbay says shoes are ready to ship now. Guess the back order thing was just a foul up or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom