Jordan 1 OG Red/White - US Release?

Well, my pair from RMK Store came in. I examined them for about 30 minutes, and I suspect the are not authentic. Here are some pictures.

View media item 1081813
View media item 1081814
View media item 1081815

The stitching under the insert is black, not white. Also, the inserts are glued on really good and took me a while just to lift the side up.

View media item 1081822

Also, the material looks different on each pair. The left shoe seems to have better suede than the right shoe, but the back of the right shoe has better suede than the left shoe.
View media item 1081823
View media item 1081829
View media item 1081892

I'm not 100% sure on the shoes, which is why I'm posting them on here. Either JB has some really bad QC issues, which wouldn't surprise me, or these are fake. I compared the box with a box from my bred 1s, which was purchased on eastbay.com, and everything matched, including the color. One small difference I did notice was on the date stamp on the lid. The RMK lid had a very clean stamp, while my eastbay lid looked a bit sloppy, as if it was done quickly.

What do you guys think?

(Sorry if there's any errors in my post. I'm doing this on the mobile version)

Last edited:
Well, my pair from RMK Store came in. I examined them for about 30 minutes, and I suspect the are not authentic. Here are some pictures.

The stitching under the insert is black, not white. Also, the inserts are glued on really good and took me a while just to lift the side up.

Also, the material looks different on each pair. The left shoe seems to have better suede than the right shoe, but the back of the right shoe has better suede than the left shoe.

I'm not 100% sure on the shoes, which is why I'm posting them on here. Either JB has some really bad QC issues, which wouldn't surprise me, or these are fake. I compared the box with a box from my bred 1s, which was purchased on eastbay.com, and everything matched, including the color. One small difference I did notice was on the date stamp on the lid. The RMK lid had a very clean stamp, while my eastbay lid looked a bit sloppy, as if it was done quickly.

What do you guys think?

(Sorry if there's any errors in my post. I'm doing this on the mobile version)
someone posted a link so you could legit check your pair from RMK and kickscrew in this thread

I did check it out, which is why I posted what I did.
For the toebox pics, is the suede "brushed" in the same direction for both pairs? That could affect the color in your pic. Also, your sole details look pretty sharp so I think that's a good sign. As far as stitching goes underneath the insole, I don't know if the color is that indicative of real/authentic. I would assume they would use any threads they have that would do the job. But I"m not sure how consistent JB is with that detail. The one pic you didn't show was removing the entire insole. If you look at the comparison page, there are diagonal lines on the authentic insole while the GM pair is smooth. Check that.

I did check it out, which is why I posted what I did.

For the toebox pics, is the suede "brushed" in the same direction for both pairs? That could affect the color in your pic. Also, your sole details look pretty sharp so I think that's a good sign. As far as stitching goes underneath the insole, I don't know if the color is that indicative of real/authentic. I would assume they would use any threads they have that would do the job. But I"m not sure how consistent JB is with that detail. The one pic you didn't show was removing the entire insole. If you look at the comparison page, there are diagonal lines on the authentic insole while the GM pair is smooth. Check that.
he did say the insole was glued on pretty tight.... any of you that have them have similar exprience or did it pop up with normal pull?

I actually had a friend who ordered a pair from RMK and wanted me to inspect them.

I will say this, if they aren't authenic, then they are close it.

From my take, I deemed them as legit, from every check. The insoles are in there tight and I did see the black stitching but I don't think JB really thinks about that when it comes to the materials, as someone mentioned earlier, but everything else looked good. Toe box looked good, glossy bottom, triangles on the lace tips, font on the logo seems right, Nike Air on the soles.

Did anyone notice the inside tongue however? I did notice triangles there. Is that there for everyone else pairs?

When the suede is brushed the same direction, the color is slightly off. However, the material is off a bit. One is finer than the other. Here are some pictures of the insert. I checked that link that was posted and I doesn't show the images from the real and fake.

View media item 1082044
View media item 1082039

Last edited:
Just seen a photo in the photo gallery here, looks like those triangles are in the inside tongue.

When the suede is brushed the same direction, the color is slightly off. However, the material is off a bit. On is finer than the other. Here are some pictures of the insert. I checked that link that was posted and I doesn't show the images from the real and fake.
Take a better picture of inside the shoe with the sole out.

I actually had a friend who ordered a pair from RMK and wanted me to inspect them.

I will say this, if they aren't authenic, then they are close it.

From my take, I deemed them as legit, from every check. The insoles are in there tight and I did see the black stitching but I don't think JB really thinks about that when it comes to the materials, as someone mentioned earlier, but everything else looked good. Toe box looked good, glossy bottom, triangles on the lace tips, font on the logo seems right, Nike Air on the soles.

Did anyone notice the inside tongue however? I did notice triangles there. Is that there for everyone else pairs?

Did the toe box of each shoe match? Color, material, and how it felt? The left shoe just feels way buttery compared to the other. The left material feels similar to the Chinese New Year SBs and the right shoe feels like the Toro 4s.

I found it strange that kickscrew and RMK didn't come with the ankle inserts
People from Australia said their footlocker pairs didn't come with ankle inserts either. I also got a pair of Lance Mountains from Europe without ankle inserts.

Last edited:
I thought the same happened to me too after leaving the package cleared the USPS SF Customs. Checked the tracking this morning and it's out for delivery. Didn't update for 8 days from Cali to TX, SMH!

People from Australia said their footlocker pairs didn't come with ankle inserts either. I also got a pair of Lance Mountains from Europe without ankle inserts.
Nah, both my pairs of LMs from the states did not come with ankle inserts either...

Did the toe box of each shoe match? Color, material, and how it felt? The left shoe just feels way buttery compared to the other. The left material feels similar to the Chinese New Year SBs and the right shoe feels like the Toro 4s.
Colors are the same, but, the suede feels slightly different on both but there were so Nike SBs that dropped that were the same way. Can't remember which ones exactly. Nike has done that in the past too. 

I see what you're saying though. They looked good to me IMO though.

Colors are the same, but, the suede feels slightly different on both but there were so Nike SBs that dropped that were the same way. Can't remember which ones exactly. Nike has done that in the past too. 

I see what you're saying though. They looked good to me IMO though.

Yeah, I have some shoes purchased from an authorized retail store where the colors differ slightly, but never the material. Although my cousin's Toro 5s are like my pair where the material feels different. Thanks for your feedback.

Just checked my Kicks-Crew pair. Everything seems to match well with the legit pair on the website.
Just quoting from a previous post, but another member who got their pair from kicks-crew had diagonal lines on their insole. Someone who got an EU or AUS pair would need to confirm, but that legit check website (when it was up) showed pics of the diagonal line soles being authentic.

Yeah man that should be the same, I think the kickscrew pair I seen in this thread had white also. Me personally I would get my money back

I'm going to send them an email.

Just quoting from a previous post, but another member whoheir pair from kicks-crew had diagonal lines on their insole. Someone who got an EU or AUS pair would need to confirm, but that legit check website (when it was up) showed pics of the diagonal line soles being authentic.

I recall seeing this. I knew I shouldn't have ordered from them. Lol

Back
Top Bottom