Jordan 11, Gym Red, White, Black "Win Like 96" 12/09/2017 (Links on 1st post)

dudes really in here trying to say JB should make 11s using ferragamo type patent leather ? :smh: half those dudes are the same ones trying to wait it out until jordans go on discount and they can cop under retail.

but if JB did that, theres a 1 million% guarantee that the shoes see a big price hike. then those same dudes who were begging for designer quality will be moaning about the matching pricetag.

people will never be happy.

imo, quality on these red 11s is fine. im not saying OMG SUPER NIIIICE, but im also not saying OMG QUALITY IS TURRRIBLE.

I wish they drop the 5 bulls right now since there is so much dislike for red shoes all of the sudden.

Just because there isn’t a ton of hype/resale value in a shoe doesn’t mean it isn’t liked/won’t sellout. Like I said before, JB could release a Volt AJ 11 and it would still sellout but probably have little/no resale value. In terms of resale, shoes are only worth as much as people are willing to pay for them-if there are no Hypebeasts to drive up a shoe’s resale value, it won’t sell for hundreds over retail.

Yeah but that doesn’t solve the problem of seeing 5-10 people in the street wearing the shoe on RD.

Look at the Off-White collaboration-there is NO way that collab would have sold 1 million+ pairs like a holiday 11 did/would but a huge part of the allure in owning a pair of the OW collab is that you will be part of a club of a select few thousand to own a part of the collaboration.

People/Hypebeasts who bought/wore Yeezys initially thought like this and now are mad that they are becoming more available. Same with resellers who sold the shoes to said Hypebeasts.

Hard to flex on IG with a shoe 1 million other people bought the same day lol

maybe im in the minority, but im glad theyre becomming more available. i hope that trend continues. theres a yeezy or 2 i actually wouldnt mind wearing, but im not paying 400+. maybe with more availability, i might be able to score a pair for retail in the future. like those blue tints.

Speaking of Volt colorways look at them Volt Yeezy’s going for $1000+ :lol:

People are crazy and feel the need to be better or feel important that’s all it boils down to :rolleyes

Whether it’s a hyperstrike or a GR makes no difference to me if I like it I’m a buy it 8)

The fact that kicks have recently become easier to get is what got me back into the game actually :ohwell:

Yeah but that doesn’t solve the problem of seeing 5-10 people in the street wearing the shoe on RD.

Look at the Off-White collaboration-there is NO way that collab would have sold 1 million+ pairs like a holiday 11 did/would but a huge part of the allure in owning a pair of the OW collab is that you will be part of a club of a select few thousand to own a part of the collaboration.

People/Hypebeasts who bought/wore Yeezys initially thought like this and now are mad that they are becoming more available. Same with resellers who sold the shoes to said Hypebeasts.

Hard to flex on IG with a shoe 1 million other people bought the same day lol

But if I am Nike/Adidas, why in the hell do I care? I guess what I am saying is you obviously need hype to sell out a GR release, but how can you create that hype without limiting the shoes to a select few? In the end, if 2k buy the shoe, it pales in comparison to what 200k can do for your bottom line. I don't have the answers, but building your strategy around hypebeasts seems like a losing proposition in the long run. Maybe Adidas had the right formula. Use hypebeasts to launch a brand and then deliver that brand to a larger demographic.

Hypebeasts definitely care about this. Yeezys were the go to shoe and not so much anymore... I never understood why Hypebeasts didn’t just wear high fashion shoes that are $1k+ retail since the high retail price tag keeps “broke bois” (as they call everyone else) out.

Because designer shoes aren't hard to get. Fashion houses don't work like sneaker companies so they will produce as much product as the market will bear. If you have money and any kind of relationship with SAs at boutiques, you can pretty much get anything you want.

u wear shoes to get looks and props from strangers????

If you’re trying to establish yourself with a social media presence at a Sneakercon, definitely. Also, sellers at Sneakercons typically have to build a level of trust with the people there before selling them shoes well above retail-wearing a hyped shoe helps with this.

If you’re trying to establish yourself with a social media presence at a Sneakercon, definitely. Also, sellers at Sneakercons typically have to build a level of trust with the people there before selling them shoes well above retail-wearing a hyped shoe helps with this.
all u needed to say was yes
all the rest is irrelevant
i aint tryna act holier than thou
i like shoes too
but man theyre are just things to protect ur feet
thats all
i like shoes because of how they look TO ME
not anyone else
i aint tryna look fly so another DUDE could say
"hey i like ur shoes"
folks buying shoes they dont even like just to resell or sit in a closet
or because they saw other folks liking em on a message board
stuff is corny

I agree. A lot of people refuse to believe that.
Limiting a shoe for people that weren’t going to buy it anyway won’t increase hype or sales.

you don't know how resell or supply and demand works (less shoes more resell more resell more in store cops more people trying to come up more sold out shoes)

that's actually what they want people want things others cant have all the time as result more people just buying up things

i feel maybe less releases and keep production numbers the same. would help less shoes and a release every week wont change nothing cause the average consumer will pass until something they like comes along.

Yo I read that and wanted to queue the Chappelle curving shorty in the club gif.

Here ya go
999D1503-B0E8-4B3E-BD44-DE3C81AED843.gif

:lol:

Jesus Christ man. I swear I love NT to the death of me but every single major release for the last few years has been the exact same topic; resell, resellers, resell, hypebeast this, hypebeast that, resell, resellers, didn't sell out, limited, resell, resellers, resell.

I'm scrolling back a few pages hoping to see a few beauty shots and all I see is multiple walls of texts talking about reselling and hypebeasts and what not.

Jesus Christ man. I swear I love NT to the death of me but every single major release for the last few years has been the exact same topic; resell, resellers, resell, hypebeast this, hypebeast that, resell, resellers, didn't sell out, limited, resell, resellers, resell.

I'm scrolling back a few pages hoping to see a few beauty shots and all I see is multiple walls of texts talking about reselling and hypebeasts and what not.

its red shoe you know what your getting (shoe came out sat and plenty of people had in hand pic's when the early pairs from Nike came in)

the off white thread is nothing but legit checks.

The yeezy thread is in code season

The jordan 1 and Air max thread has plenty of pic's

i mean don't you resell at a high level ( i mean we all resellers at some point). I mean its part of your culture.... Hell reselling is sneaker culture now to many actually.

besides i seen some of them pics someone took a photo with a iphone X, and did the phone the shoes, Nike, and the ghost of Steve Jobs a disservice by not allowing the camera to focus all it would have took is 1 min and a tap on the screen

that pic was grainy and dim as heck smh......

its red shoe you know what your getting (shoe came out sat and plenty of people had in hand pic's when the early pairs from Nike came in)

the off white thread is nothing but legit checks.

The yeezy thread is in code season

The jordan 1 and Air max thread has plenty of pic's

i mean don't you resell at a high level ( i mean we all resellers at some point). I mean its part of your culture.... Hell reselling is sneaker culture now to many actually.

I'm referring to the constant complaining in here. Everyone just wants to discuss whether a shoe is hyped and how bad resellers are and laugh at shoes sitting and whatnot. It's so over the top redundant...

Back
Top Bottom