Jordan 5 Retro -GREEN BEAN 3M- Summer 2022

Damn man, UPS taking forever with my Bean Pies & Easter’s. 😖

Doubled on the Bean pies, due to the Klarna deal & TonyD2Wilds raving about how nice they are. Hopefully he is right cause it’s one to the fridge & one to rock. 🤓

Last edited:
Got through on these thru the JD sports deal, $150 shipped to my bro in NJ tax free. Same as that 2006 $135 + tax retail that my pops couldn't afford for me at the time. Glad to get these in soon.

How y'all like em compared to the OGs? I slept on copping used pairs back years ago when I was buying mostly SBs but other than the icy blue sole I think these look a lot better in pics.

EDIT: I also don't think Nike has used 3M for many of their shoes in a long time. There are other manufacturers of reflective material, or they could be making their own. Normally 3M products are branded or come with a little tag that says 3M - akin to a New Era sticker on a fitted. I don't know if the 2006s were officially 3M but I know other nikes, like recent ID AF1s and Ben Drury AM1s very loudly and clearly said 3M.

These look and feel a lot better in hand. Was expecting it to feel more plasticky from the videos I saw.

Couldn't grab the 06s being a broke 8th grader, so I can't compare. But I'm liking these a lot

20220601_113623.jpg

More detailed pics.
QC seems pretty good on my pair. There was a spot with dried up glue or something but it came right off without leaving a mark.
I knew the paint splatter on the box was reflective, but I didn't know it actually had some texture to it. Inconsequential, but a pretty neat detail.

I like 5s I lot but I really don't know how often I'll wear these. My '13 Fire Reds have probably been worn <10x. How do you guys rock the lace lock?

BSC_7105.JPG
BSC_7108.JPG
BSC_7109.JPG
BSC_7110.JPG
BSC_7112.JPG
BSC_7113.JPG
BSC_7114.JPG
BSC_7116.JPG
BSC_7118.JPG
BSC_7120.JPG

Man I hope I don’t regret not picking these up…. But I know for a fact that I’ll never wear em…. Hell, I hardly wear my Fire Reds and Raging Bulls…. These pics do look clean AF doe NGL…

Mine arrived yesterday from SNKRS. They look better in hand to the 2006 pair than what I expected from online photos.

Kinda hurts I hit these though. I never hit on SNKRS and the pair I do is one that's not even going for retail on the secondary market. It's like oh here have some trash we give the good stuff to other customers or something. Idk. Just doesn't sit well with me. I may keep or may not. But damn knows if I send them back to Nike I won't hit again for a year. I'm convinced my account is flagged up or something. Simple odds say I should hit more often than I do.

Attachments

• 20220604_060755.jpg
    20220604_060755.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 23
Kinda hurts I hit these though. I never hit on SNKRS and the pair I do is one that's not even going for retail on the secondary market. It's like oh here have some trash we give the good stuff to other customers or something. Idk. Just doesn't sit well with me. I may keep or may not. But damn knows if I send them back to Nike I won't hit again for a year. I'm convinced my account is flagged up or something. Simple odds say I should hit more often than I do.

This is what’s wrong with the sneaker community. Imagine being hurt that you hit on a pair of shoes just because of what they’re going for on the secondary market.

My frustration is how ****ing garbage that the SNKRS and Confirmed algorithms are. Same people hit for the hot limited stuff every time. The rest of us get the occasional bone when those in the other group don't want them.
This is what’s wrong with the sneaker community. Imagine being hurt that you hit on a pair of shoes just because of what they’re going for on the secondary market.

What extra attention to detail?
Didn't notice any stitching issues
No hanging strings or sloppy stitching pattern

Toe box is smooth and not pre-creased
My 11 low I.E. toe box was so bad I returned them

Paint job is a 9.5 out of 10
No overlapping green on the grey midsole
No paint speckles

Jumpman on the heel looks like the OG 85 Jumpman
No nuts hanging between his legs
Jordan doesn't have a hi top fade
Jordan not holding the ball like he's the statue of liberty

No micro scratches on the reflective material
These are my sons and I can see these being his favorite pair to wear

No paint speckles

I'll agree with you on those points. My pair has excellent quality control other than one small gap on a tooth at the midsole that would never be noticed unless you're examining them specifically looking for flaws.

No paint speckles

I thought you said that because the lace lock is facing the same direction as the jumpman on the tongue lol

Trends come and go...its 4s now and simple outfits....if neon returns and the whole 90s look like how it was 2012 ish....these will be super grails lol imma rock mine at the beach this summer ☀️

P PremioBinSoleFlyUnion you didn't answer my question

QxwC1SP.png
I did not, I miss my 2006 pair. Did you have any of todays anniversaries? I didn’t
I Mid Quai 54 (3 Years)
1654711090469.jpeg

VI Reflections of a Champion (3 Years)
1654711124098.jpeg

VII Reflections of a Champion (3 Years)
1654711154654.jpeg

VIII Reflections of a Champion (3 Years)
1654711191655.jpeg

III Particle Beige (W) (4 Years)
1654711233074.jpeg

XI Low Reverse Concord (9 Years)
1654711268222.jpeg

XX8 Westbrook Away (9 Years)
1654711396238.jpeg

XX8 Westbrook Home (9 Years)
1654711370450.jpeg

XX8 Why Not? (9 Years)
1654711331367.jpeg

Back