JORDAN 6 SPIZIKE

I don't understand why JB can put this kind of craftsmanship and quality into all retro releases.

It's all about the bottom line. This was a panel they had where they mentioned that the designers/creative team has their hands tied. They hear us and want to give us the good stuff, but the suits want numbers/revenue. The can put quality materials on limited releases (6s pack, IR23, ect) and it won't effect the botton line, but they can't give the same treatment to massed produced GR without effecting the bottom line. That is one of the reasons why they are going to substantially raise the price on the re-mastered pairs coming out in 2015.

It all boils down to profits. You need the least amount of overhead as poosible to maximize your proft margins.

lurk more not all day, you don't even have to lurk at all if you have alerts go to your mobile device and follow the right people. Just trying to help, y'all who still wanna jump at the first price you see can still do y'all tho 
mjlol.png
who should i follow in twitter...PM me...i need these in my life

U quoted in bold exactly wat disproves ur statement. Wen these dry up the price is gunna go up. Heck it's gunna go up from here on out
the problem is.. when these "dry up" the hype will be gone.. and no one will really be after them.. 

but like i said cop now.. 

i wonder how the people who dropped 1200 on 2k14s now feel? 

the perfect example to compare this shoe to is the Jordan 6 Infrared which are going for 380-400 now. i remember selling mine the first week for 250.
they were selling for 400-500 right off the bat.. 

A.  the infared 23 was way more limited.  The release of these were a joke on NDC

B.  The colorblocking on infared 23 was way better then these.. 

C.  the hype on these is pretty low.. 
Yeezy foams aren't dried up tho, they're still everywhere. Dried up means people are wearing them and very few unworn pairs remain on the market.

No Lebron XI has sold for much over retail except the super limited 2K14, SE low and soon to be WTL.

That argument is null and void.
I sold Forging Irons for 425 when they released, and sold Gator Kings for 300 when they released.. Forging Irons have definetly "dried up" and they can be had for retail.. 2k14 where selling for 1200-1500 when they released, now they can be had for 600-700. 

Hype = demand.  as newer shoes release, the less demand there will be for these shoes, the less they well sell for... there are very few shoes that can keep the hype going.. and I dont think red and green jordan 6's with a white midsole will keep the hype going. 

but anyway like i said keep dropping 250-300 dollars on these,..  

Last edited:

the perfect example to compare this shoe to is the Jordan 6 Infrared which are going for 380-400 now. i remember selling mine the first week for 250.

Wait what? The 2014 Infrared 6 is going for $380-$400?

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Damn shame. (Or are you talking about the Infrared 23's?)

Lebron 11s lol. The $200 retail was already a reseller price, then 250 n 295. That shoe struggled for demand all season. Nike ya gone too far.

Yep, I said it just the other day, there's a reason you can find the majority of the Lebron 11's in DS/VNDS condition below retail.

U quoted in bold exactly wat disproves ur statement. Wen these dry up the price is gunna go up. Heck it's gunna go up from here on out
the problem is.. when these "dry up" the hype will be gone.. and no one will really be after them.. 

but like i said cop now.. 

i wonder how the people who dropped 1200 on 2k14s now feel? 

Near as I can tell it can go either way, depending on the release. Fear V's and Bel-Air V's were going for insane prices in the first few days after the release. They started small at like $300 then quickly rose to $500, then $600, and I believe it was the Bel-Air's that hit $800 at one point. However, prices eventually stabilized and as the hype surrounding the release, and the saltiness from immediately losing out faded, people came to their senses, and prices then dropped a few hundred dollars. That's how it tends to go. Sometimes it'll be the exact opposite though, like with the Bred 1's. Right after release they could be found for $220-$250. Now you're looking at spending around $400 + for a DS pair, and there's no hint of prices dropping. (obviously this doesn't go for every single seller, look long enough and you might get lucky, or you might be able to talk somebody down, but it's a rare thing.)

Wait what? The 2014 Infrared 6 is going for $380-$400?

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Damn shame. (Or are you talking about the Infrared 23's?)
Yep, I said it just the other day, there's a reason you can find the majority of the Lebron 11's in DS/VNDS condition below retail.
Near as I can tell it can go either way, depending on the release. Fear V's and Bel-Air V's were going for insane prices in the first few days after the release. They started small at like $300 then quickly rose to $500, then $600, and I believe it was the Bel-Air's that hit $800 at one point. However, prices eventually stabilized and as the hype surrounding the release, and the saltiness from immediately losing out faded, people came to their senses, and prices then dropped a few hundred dollars. That's how it tends to go. Sometimes it'll be the exact opposite though, like with the Bred 1's. Right after release they could be found for $220-$250. Now you're looking at spending around $400 + for a DS pair, and there's no hint of prices dropping. (obviously this doesn't go for every single seller, look long enough and you might get lucky, or you might be able to talk somebody down, but it's a rare thing.)
I am assuming he was talking about infared 23.. jordan 6 white/infared can probably be had for less then retail at this point.

you cant compare Bred 1's to Jordan 6 spizike.. Jordan 1s are iconic shoes that will ALWAYS have a demand.. just wc3, bc3, royal 1.. etc. like i was saying earilier those are the type of shoes that can sustain the hype

and bred 1's were selling for way more then 250 after release.. I sold a pair after release for like 375. 

Last edited:
hulk7280 hulk7280 Don't wanna compare them to the Bred 1's? Compare them to the Infrared 23's then, which have also held their high resell price. Point being that more shoes than just those that are "iconic" stay at a high price once the hype has faded. Enough people will still be after them to ensure that they do.

Bred 1's were going for $220-$250 in the first few days after release in various facebook groups. Ebay? Not so much. Online prices will always be higher than local meetups.

Last edited:

they were selling for 400-500 right off the bat.. 

A.  the infared 23 was way more limited.  The release of these were a joke on NDC

B.  The colorblocking on infared 23 was way better then these.. 

C.  the hype on these is pretty low.. 
I don't really know where you were looking but infrared23s were only going for $250-$275 when they were initially released, I know because I purposely passed on resale thinking that when they were going to relaunch on ndc the following week I'd have a chance to cop.

They basically only had like 10 pairs available the following week a lot people then realized how limited and hard they would be to get and resale sky rocketed.

This guy hulk7280 tells you to not listen to resellers as they over-hype or over-value shoes...then goes on to list all the shoes he resells.

C'mon son...

You make some good points...specifically about waiting for the market to calm down (yes, buying shoes a day or two right after release is the WORST time to cop), but your comparisons are all over the chart. There's no golden rule to resell value of sneakers. Given the quality of these 6's, the resell value is not going to plummet dramatically...they will level at around $300.

Comparisons to GR foams and Lebrons are poor, if not totally null and void.

This guy hulk7280 tells you to not listen to resellers as they over-hype or over-value shoes...then goes on to list all the shoes he resells.

C'mon son...

You make some good points...specifically about waiting for the market to calm down (yes, buying shoes a day or two right after release is the WORST time to cop), but your comparisons are all over the chart. There's no golden rule to resell value of sneakers. Given the quality of these 6's, the resell value is not going to plummet dramatically...they will level at around $300.

Comparisons to GR foams and Lebrons are poor, if not totally null and void.
The thing is resell prices on certain shoes won't really come down.

Nobody is selling nightshade 11 lows or concord 11 lows for close to retail, in a couple months it'll be hard to get people to accept $250 and by next year it'll be $300 and up for them.

You just have to know which shoes have hype that fizzles and which shoes don't.

I agree that these 6s will level out at $275/$300, the best time to purchase is between now and early next week.

@hulk7280 Don't wanna compare them to the Bred 1's? Compare them to the Infrared 23's then, which have also held their high resell price. Point being that more shoes than just those that are "iconic" stay at a high price once the hype has faded. Enough people will still be after them to ensure that they do.

Bred 1's were going for $220-$250 in the first few days after release in various facebook groups. Ebay? Not so much. Online prices will always be higher than local meetups.
i go by ebay/craigslist..

I dont do facebook groups.. I cant stand those 12 year olds copping full size runs.. Its more annoying then anything and I rarerly buy a shoe if I miss out on release day.

and If i sell a show its either on ebay or craigslist. 

Back
Top Bottom