Jordan and Nascar

My friend sent pics to me recently of Nascar driver Denny Hamlin wearing a Jordan Firesuit and a hat. Denny Hamlin is a season ticket holder for the bobcats, and his girlfriend is Jordan Fish of the cheer team. Here is pic of him, and some of his girlfriend. Also this is the article just release of the announcement.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Sprint Cup star Denny Hamlin now has something in common with Dwyane Wade, Derek Jeter, Chris Paul and Terrell Owens, just to name a few.

The Joe Gibbs Racing driver announced Thursday he has a deal with Nike's Michael Jordan Brand.

Jordan's famous "jumpman" logo will appear on Hamlin's firesuit, gloves and shoes just as it is on the apparel of Wade, Jeter and other stars.

"It's a big deal for myself and really NASCAR," Hamlin said during the preseason media tour at Daytona International Speedway. "The Jordan Brand has never been in NASCAR before. It is a dream come true for me. To me the Jordan Brand represents excellence in sports."

Hamlin and Jordan developed a relationship after the six-time NBA champion and Hall of Famer took over as owner of the Charlotte Bobcats last year. What Hamlin didn't realize until recently was that Jordan is a motorsports fan.

"He always talked to me last year about how the race went, because he watched the races," Hamlin said. "I never knew he really kept track of racing that much until I dug a little deeper and found he's had his motorcycle team since 2004.

"He's always been an avid motorsports fan. He just never knew the right situation to get into NASCAR, and he felt like I was the right representative for him."

Said Jordan: "Denny's confidence and passion for racing along with his determination for excellence on the track make him a valuable addition to the Jordan Brand. We look forward to working with Denny as he continues to take his success to the next level."

Hamlin said he didn't have to beat Jordan in a game of one-on-one or outjump him to get the deal.

And don't call him Air Denny.

"Definitely, I don't think it's based on physical ability on the court," said Hamlin, who finished second to Jimmie Johnson in the 2010 Chase.

But Hamlin does believe the logo will help broaden the awareness of NASCAR beyond its typical fan base when his name is mentioned with stars such as Wade and Jeter from other professional leagues.

"I personally think it's going to relate to a lot of these sports athletes who come to these races each and every week," Hamlin said. "They don't always recognize and understand with us. I feel like they're going to see that and recognize the brand.

"This is a huge stepping point, and hopefully something that turns into something very big within our sport."

8fd357a5e053c0413299319c8d23e5fb504ef2e.jpg

ac335d05e6d1cd723d7a31ff81bc650a488a3e5.jpg
e0935d78e51fc18238db35e7824670e886e8884.jpg

My friend sent pics to me recently of Nascar driver Denny Hamlin wearing a Jordan Firesuit and a hat. Denny Hamlin is a season ticket holder for the bobcats, and his girlfriend is Jordan Fish of the cheer team. Here is pic of him, and some of his girlfriend. Also this is the article just release of the announcement.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Sprint Cup star Denny Hamlin now has something in common with Dwyane Wade, Derek Jeter, Chris Paul and Terrell Owens, just to name a few.

The Joe Gibbs Racing driver announced Thursday he has a deal with Nike's Michael Jordan Brand.

Jordan's famous "jumpman" logo will appear on Hamlin's firesuit, gloves and shoes just as it is on the apparel of Wade, Jeter and other stars.

"It's a big deal for myself and really NASCAR," Hamlin said during the preseason media tour at Daytona International Speedway. "The Jordan Brand has never been in NASCAR before. It is a dream come true for me. To me the Jordan Brand represents excellence in sports."

Hamlin and Jordan developed a relationship after the six-time NBA champion and Hall of Famer took over as owner of the Charlotte Bobcats last year. What Hamlin didn't realize until recently was that Jordan is a motorsports fan.

"He always talked to me last year about how the race went, because he watched the races," Hamlin said. "I never knew he really kept track of racing that much until I dug a little deeper and found he's had his motorcycle team since 2004.

"He's always been an avid motorsports fan. He just never knew the right situation to get into NASCAR, and he felt like I was the right representative for him."

Said Jordan: "Denny's confidence and passion for racing along with his determination for excellence on the track make him a valuable addition to the Jordan Brand. We look forward to working with Denny as he continues to take his success to the next level."

Hamlin said he didn't have to beat Jordan in a game of one-on-one or outjump him to get the deal.

And don't call him Air Denny.

"Definitely, I don't think it's based on physical ability on the court," said Hamlin, who finished second to Jimmie Johnson in the 2010 Chase.

But Hamlin does believe the logo will help broaden the awareness of NASCAR beyond its typical fan base when his name is mentioned with stars such as Wade and Jeter from other professional leagues.

"I personally think it's going to relate to a lot of these sports athletes who come to these races each and every week," Hamlin said. "They don't always recognize and understand with us. I feel like they're going to see that and recognize the brand.

"This is a huge stepping point, and hopefully something that turns into something very big within our sport."

8fd357a5e053c0413299319c8d23e5fb504ef2e.jpg

ac335d05e6d1cd723d7a31ff81bc650a488a3e5.jpg
e0935d78e51fc18238db35e7824670e886e8884.jpg

the girls are better.....cant believe mj would do nascar cuz its lame, other then we wants more cash

the girls are better.....cant believe mj would do nascar cuz its lame, other then we wants more cash

sponsoring a nascar driver is a good look for jordan brand they are branching out and believe it or not these drivers are athletes. They have to work out ot be able to handle steering that car @ 200mph in a turn b/c these cars have no power steerign and all that and as much as these guys sweat in a car in the hot *!@ sun in daytona for 4-5 hours @ a time they can loose up to liek 8lbs a race. I don't think you can loose 8lbs a game hooping. Its jsut a different market for jordan brand to get in and expand to try and become a ultimate global name brand.

sponsoring a nascar driver is a good look for jordan brand they are branching out and believe it or not these drivers are athletes. They have to work out ot be able to handle steering that car @ 200mph in a turn b/c these cars have no power steerign and all that and as much as these guys sweat in a car in the hot *!@ sun in daytona for 4-5 hours @ a time they can loose up to liek 8lbs a race. I don't think you can loose 8lbs a game hooping. Its jsut a different market for jordan brand to get in and expand to try and become a ultimate global name brand.

...I was actually just about to post this topic as his pic came up on some stuff I was checking out on Getty Images and was shocked to see the Jumpman on his firesuit to say the least!
eek.gif

Definitely a good move to get people who generally never paid attention to the sport to take notice....Definitely caught my eye! Lovely marketing move JB! And his girl ain't that bad either
devil.gif

109010521.jpg

109003688.jpg
I like his signature touch on the belt there...For a sec I thought it was MJ's signature, but that wouldn't be right!
109003742.jpg
Not sure if he's wearing J's here but he's definitely pushing the Brand's signature into a new arena! Good for you JB! (edit: Artcile reports say he won't be wearing JB shoes whilst racing "but will off track")

As part of the deal, the Jumpman logo will appear on Hamlin's uniform belt, back, shoulders and racing gloves. The deal was forged in part because Michael Jordan, whose brand has sponsored a motorcycle racing team since 2004, struck up a relationship with Hamlin, who finished second in the NASCAR Sprint Cup points standings last season.

Sources say Hamlin will not wear Jordan brand shoes in the car, but he will wear them off the track

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/id/41511671

Next move....we NEED to see the car!!!! Cuz if the bikes are any indication to go by we're gonna see some crazy elephant and AJXX lazer print all over
pimp.gif
!!!!

Denny_Hamlin_11_FedEx_Sprint_Car_3_.jpg
 Just imagine his car (seen here)... suited up like this.....
world_basketball_festival_jordan_brand_atmos_nyc_06.jpg
or.....
michael-jordan-motorsports-6-rings-sneakers-1.jpg
... this!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BJN39307.sized.jpg
Hmmmm....

I guess we'll probably "NASCAR Exclusive" PEs too!
laugh.gif

...I was actually just about to post this topic as his pic came up on some stuff I was checking out on Getty Images and was shocked to see the Jumpman on his firesuit to say the least!
eek.gif

Definitely a good move to get people who generally never paid attention to the sport to take notice....Definitely caught my eye! Lovely marketing move JB! And his girl ain't that bad either
devil.gif

109010521.jpg

109003688.jpg
I like his signature touch on the belt there...For a sec I thought it was MJ's signature, but that wouldn't be right!
109003742.jpg
Not sure if he's wearing J's here but he's definitely pushing the Brand's signature into a new arena! Good for you JB! (edit: Artcile reports say he won't be wearing JB shoes whilst racing "but will off track")

As part of the deal, the Jumpman logo will appear on Hamlin's uniform belt, back, shoulders and racing gloves. The deal was forged in part because Michael Jordan, whose brand has sponsored a motorcycle racing team since 2004, struck up a relationship with Hamlin, who finished second in the NASCAR Sprint Cup points standings last season.

Sources say Hamlin will not wear Jordan brand shoes in the car, but he will wear them off the track

Next move....we NEED to see the car!!!! Cuz if the bikes are any indication to go by we're gonna see some crazy elephant and AJXX lazer print all over
pimp.gif
!!!!

world_basketball_festival_jordan_brand_atmos_nyc_06.jpg
or.....
michael-jordan-motorsports-6-rings-sneakers-1.jpg
... this!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BJN39307.sized.jpg
Hmmmm....

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bundy9

eek.gif

devil.gif

109010521.jpg

109003688.jpg
109003742.jpg

pimp.gif
!!!!

or..... ... this!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hmmmm....

laugh.gif

I guess a little off topic, but when Nascar allowed the imports in, a lot of fans stop watching, including me.

Originally Posted by bundy9

eek.gif

devil.gif

109010521.jpg

109003688.jpg
109003742.jpg

pimp.gif
!!!!

or..... ... this!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hmmmm....

laugh.gif

I guess a little off topic, but when Nascar allowed the imports in, a lot of fans stop watching, including me.

Denny Hamiln will be great for Jordan Brand, and just as was said it will broaden the brand into different avenues. I watched the race last night and was like, IS THAT JORDAN ON HIS SUIT??? NICE!!! But I was also hoping for some Jordan driving shoes. I have a drag mustang and would love to wear Jordans on and off the track. Heres to hoping...

Denny Hamiln will be great for Jordan Brand, and just as was said it will broaden the brand into different avenues. I watched the race last night and was like, IS THAT JORDAN ON HIS SUIT??? NICE!!! But I was also hoping for some Jordan driving shoes. I have a drag mustang and would love to wear Jordans on and off the track. Heres to hoping...

Jordan and Hamlin has become friends. Hamlin is a season ticket holder for the bobcats, and sits court side. He attends like every home game. Jordan started talking to him about how his races were going and they kinda become buds after that. I've heard Jordan hangs out a lot at Denny's bar call Butter? in Charlotte. I really like the move. I have been hoping MJ would get into Nascar some how. Nike use to make racing shoes. I can't see why they couldn't just put a Jumpman on a pair. He is still wearing alpinestar shoes as of now though. BTW you can buy his racing jackets sold on nascar.com store. They have the Jumpman logo on them. If anybody interested. I'm not sure if we will ever see a completely cover sponsor Jordan car, but it would be awesome. Fedex has been on his car as primary for just about every race of Hamlin's since 06.

Here is pic of the Jacket. Cost a $100
364159e6cf3b32897e4eee71236e30384922825.jpg

Jordan and Hamlin has become friends. Hamlin is a season ticket holder for the bobcats, and sits court side. He attends like every home game. Jordan started talking to him about how his races were going and they kinda become buds after that. I've heard Jordan hangs out a lot at Denny's bar call Butter? in Charlotte. I really like the move. I have been hoping MJ would get into Nascar some how. Nike use to make racing shoes. I can't see why they couldn't just put a Jumpman on a pair. He is still wearing alpinestar shoes as of now though. BTW you can buy his racing jackets sold on nascar.com store. They have the Jumpman logo on them. If anybody interested. I'm not sure if we will ever see a completely cover sponsor Jordan car, but it would be awesome. Fedex has been on his car as primary for just about every race of Hamlin's since 06.

Here is pic of the Jacket. Cost a $100
364159e6cf3b32897e4eee71236e30384922825.jpg

too bad Hamlin got DQ'ed in his last race, dont really follow nascar but saw it on sportscenter. i think that might have been his first race with JB.

Back
Top Bottom