Jordan and Nascar

Hate to go and crush some of your hopes of seeing a Jumpman on the car this year but it won't happen. The top teams Hendrick, Gibbs, Roush Fenway Racing, a full-season sponsorship can run $22 million to $25 million. The going rate per race is anywhere from $500,000 to $750,000 and as far as I know the Jordan sponsorship is a personal one to Denny(like an NBA player wearing certain shoes) and not the actual team. Joe Gibbs owns Denny's team and the race cars he drives so the only way a jumpman shows up on the car is if Nike buys the space on the car from the team owner. As far as I know his team is fully sponsored for all races this season so seeing a jumpman show up in a major way is very unlikely this season. Personally, I think it's a very cool move for the brand as it will bring additional awareness to all involved. As a fan of NASCAR and Jordan Brand this is pretty exciting to see! With people like Jordan and his iconic brand getting involved as well as athletes like Travis Pastrana making a transition into the sport as a driver hopefully it will show a few new eyes what this sport has to offer. I would also hope that if it does bring in some new interest that it's the people who make idiotic stereotypical comments that made it's way into this thread. I happen to have all my teeth and I'm not a redneck or a racist. So with that said I hope that clears up some of those misconceptions you were having so you don't sound so uneducated next time.

Hate to go and crush some of your hopes of seeing a Jumpman on the car this year but it won't happen. The top teams Hendrick, Gibbs, Roush Fenway Racing, a full-season sponsorship can run $22 million to $25 million. The going rate per race is anywhere from $500,000 to $750,000 and as far as I know the Jordan sponsorship is a personal one to Denny(like an NBA player wearing certain shoes) and not the actual team. Joe Gibbs owns Denny's team and the race cars he drives so the only way a jumpman shows up on the car is if Nike buys the space on the car from the team owner. As far as I know his team is fully sponsored for all races this season so seeing a jumpman show up in a major way is very unlikely this season. Personally, I think it's a very cool move for the brand as it will bring additional awareness to all involved. As a fan of NASCAR and Jordan Brand this is pretty exciting to see! With people like Jordan and his iconic brand getting involved as well as athletes like Travis Pastrana making a transition into the sport as a driver hopefully it will show a few new eyes what this sport has to offer. I would also hope that if it does bring in some new interest that it's the people who make idiotic stereotypical comments that made it's way into this thread. I happen to have all my teeth and I'm not a redneck or a racist. So with that said I hope that clears up some of those misconceptions you were having so you don't sound so uneducated next time.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I guess a little off topic, but when Nascar allowed the imports in, a lot of fans stop watching, including me.

I know what you're saying, but Toyota is barely, if even considered "import" anymore.  They crumble just like the domestics and I think that is what fans care about the most.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I guess a little off topic, but when Nascar allowed the imports in, a lot of fans stop watching, including me.

I know what you're saying, but Toyota is barely, if even considered "import" anymore.  They crumble just like the domestics and I think that is what fans care about the most.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjvc

^ Good point. MJ was the grand marshal of the 2007 All Star race in Charlotte. For ppl who have talent and might want to design a JB car. They can do this by doing the Toyota Sponsafier which starts back tomorrow I believe. If the JB paint scheme is pick it could be ran in a race later this year. Here is the page you can go to. http://www.sponsafier.com/
pimp.gif
 That link is really cool.... and im not even a NASCAR fan...

Originally Posted by mjvc

^ Good point. MJ was the grand marshal of the 2007 All Star race in Charlotte. For ppl who have talent and might want to design a JB car. They can do this by doing the Toyota Sponsafier which starts back tomorrow I believe. If the JB paint scheme is pick it could be ran in a race later this year. Here is the page you can go to. http://www.sponsafier.com/
pimp.gif
 That link is really cool.... and im not even a NASCAR fan...

YO! Right on Josh... It's really hard to live in North Carolina (especially in and around Charlotte) and not have at least a "mild awareness" of NASCAR. I've learned throughout my years, studying Sport Management and meeting drivers here and there, to dispell many misconceptions that surround stock car racing. My homies are friends of Denny's. And they tell me he's basically a regular dude.

Hopefully, I can get some 2nd hand gear soon. FYI: Denny is supposed to appear in an episode of Entourage next season.
pimp.gif

DF!!!

YO! Right on Josh... It's really hard to live in North Carolina (especially in and around Charlotte) and not have at least a "mild awareness" of NASCAR. I've learned throughout my years, studying Sport Management and meeting drivers here and there, to dispell many misconceptions that surround stock car racing. My homies are friends of Denny's. And they tell me he's basically a regular dude.

Hopefully, I can get some 2nd hand gear soon. FYI: Denny is supposed to appear in an episode of Entourage next season.
pimp.gif

DF!!!

Great points Josh. I know it's costly. Not sure if you saw my second post where I said I doubt we will see the Jumpman on a car, but it doesn't hurt to wish. Since 06 he has only ran a few non FedEx schemes and they were, Farm Bureau, Sport Clips, and March of Dimes cars. Might miss one, or two. Best chance of seeing a Jordan car would most likely be a Nationwide car to be raced in Charlotte. I know he been racing in Nationwide here and there. I know he has few races for Nationwide this year.

Glad you like the link Liu Kang 23.

AirAnt23 that's cool about your friends are buds with Denny. I have met Denny several times, and he is a real cool guy. I would love to get some Denny gear too. haha.

Great points Josh. I know it's costly. Not sure if you saw my second post where I said I doubt we will see the Jumpman on a car, but it doesn't hurt to wish. Since 06 he has only ran a few non FedEx schemes and they were, Farm Bureau, Sport Clips, and March of Dimes cars. Might miss one, or two. Best chance of seeing a Jordan car would most likely be a Nationwide car to be raced in Charlotte. I know he been racing in Nationwide here and there. I know he has few races for Nationwide this year.

Glad you like the link Liu Kang 23.

AirAnt23 that's cool about your friends are buds with Denny. I have met Denny several times, and he is a real cool guy. I would love to get some Denny gear too. haha.

Back
Top Bottom