JORDAN BRAND and LEVI'S Announce the 23/501 Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would consider buying it if it were cheaper but it is way to much money for what you're getting.

I think it's a good collabo. But too much $$$ I'm curious to see the kicks, it will be worth it if JB include some Metallic I's!

how can they justify this?
from the description in that article, these jeans are gonna be the same lame sneaker inspired denim JB has been producing on their own.
denim Jordans with that print on them too? sounds overly matchy and extremely tacky

*sighs*

everytime I feel I've been too hard on JB, they do some crap like this and keep me away.
far away

8b6f4ag.jpg

f8915be0ba009e419fb4bb983638959d7397d4b.pjpg

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Well for starters one's a nutt hugger the other isn't.
the dumbest %+#* i read all day.
My bad...I didn't even know you were in the conversation. What you work for Levis or somethin? Gettin all bitter about a tight$!!% pair of jeans.Gimme a break kid...your reply was the dumbest %+#* I read all day.

I know I've been critical of many of JB's decisions over the recent years, but now it just seems like a damned ifyou do, damned if you don't situation on NT.

I personally would not purchase this package, since I'm not interested in any of the three pieces. However, thisisn't aimed at your average camp out or line-up at 6 a.m. customer. It appears to be a niche package with a small target audience. A lot of people on hereconstantly complain about why doesn't JB increase the quality of their products. Business-wise, it's foolish to spend extra money on better leathers,etc. if the masses are still going to buy them regardless so offer limited products or packages to appease the ones who really want them. I never buy GR $79.99AF1's because the leather sucks and they crease up way too fast, particularly white/white. I have purchased about 10 Supreme Forces this year when I likedthe design because the quality of the shoe is just that much superior to GR and most Premium versions. Everyone isn't going to be happy with a $225 Uptown,but there definitely is a niche market that values the increased quality.

The packages and other gimmicks are partly a result of the complaints on here as well. We complained about the flooding ofretros and how so many colors were uninspired or reaching. Now they start to limit availability in '08 and beyond and people are still complaining. Youcan't have your cake & eat it too. Despite what many of us think, many of the suits at JB know when they're releasing crap and would like to scaleback, Gentry included, but a company is bigger than one person or individuals. But no company is going to limit production if it means accruing a loss or notimproving profits, so they plan to release more OG's and quality releases, but raise the price point to keep the revenue.

Would I like to be able to cop some Carmines or Hares for $125 & call it a day? Hell yeah. But if the only options areto be flooded with bootlegger-inspired LS colorways and weak retro+ releases in between good OG releases or a more constant flow of good releases at a higherprice, then I'll pony up. Think about all the retros that dropped this year, with the III's, VIII's, I's, XI's, etc. and try to come upwith a ratio of how many were legitimate
pimp.gif
ones as opposed to the
grin.gif
ones. I guess what I'm saying is, notnecessarily as much with this specific package, I do favor the idea of quality over quantity and I don't see any problem with such a direction, given thatthere are more options for packages in the $200-300 range.

501's arent nut huggers....

ya'll should be fine.

price is normal. $100 for shoes, $50 for a T, and $245 for a Levi's collab...its decent.

though, Levi's better not dumb down their materials to Jordan standards, or I will be a lil heated.

I wouldn't mind having these except the price is a lil too steep. The sizing on Jordan Brand clothing is ridiculous, so having some Levi's where youcan choose your correct length and width would be great.

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

501's arent nut huggers....

ya'll should be fine.

price is normal. $100 for shoes, $50 for a T, and $245 for a Levi's collab...its decent.

though, Levi's better not dumb down their materials to Jordan standards, or I will be a lil heated.
laugh.gif
@ those prices being "normal".

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I never buy GR $79.99 AF1's because the leather sucks and they crease up way too fast, particularly white/white. I have purchased about 10 Supreme Forces this year when I liked the design because the quality of the shoe is just that much superior to GR and most Premium versions. Everyone isn't going to be happy with a $225 Uptown, but there definitely is a niche market that values the increased quality.

yo.....

the leather on the Supreme Forces is by no means $145 better than the leather on the GR's
so that "improved leather" argument holds NO weight in relation to the price increase

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

yo.....

the leather on the Supreme Forces is by no means $145 better than the leather on the GR's
so that "improved leather" argument holds NO weight in relation to the price increase

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. I'm looking in my closet right now at a pair of GR White/White'07 AF1 lows & the Supreme White/Whites and the difference is miles apart. And the little things set apart the Supremes from the GR's too, likeleather or spehere lining and insoles, metal screw tips, hidden stitching, and just attention to small details. I would say the difference between GR &Premiums isn't that much a difference, but it definitely is on the SPRM Uptowns. I agree that it's not $145 better, but I never paid retail for anySupreme Forces. That would just be plain dumb
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ViceXXXisFresh

Depends on what Evisu style and fit you buy as with any jean, also when Evisu's first came out (10ish Years ago) they were produced on the original Levi looms which is why they are some of the best denim made.....................

hahaha, this dude obviously doesn't know anything about denim.

I know nothing then clearly! So go on tell me what is better denim than that made on shuttle looms (Original denim looms) produced in Japan/Italy?Which alot of early Evisu's were................

If the denim JB/Levi's is using is vintage selvedge denim they should be nice, Well depending what JB come up with that is.................

Originally Posted by d e beatup

yo.....

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. I'm looking in my closet right now at a pair of GR White/White '07 AF1 lows & the Supreme White/Whites and the difference is miles apart. And the little things set apart the Supremes from the GR's too, like leather or spehere lining and insoles, metal screw tips, hidden stitching, and just attention to small details. I would say the difference between GR & Premiums isn't that much a difference, but it definitely is on the SPRM Uptowns. I agree that it's not $145 better, but I never paid retail for any Supreme Forces. That would just be plain dumb
wink.gif
dont get me wrong, there is definitely a clearly defined seperation between GR's and supremes...I just dont see those differences being worth theextra $145. thats all Im saying

and if you wanna help me out on some sprms's at below retail, feel free
happy.gif

I think this is a good move for jb... but like^^^ I'm really intrested in the packaging as well I think jb should put in like a laser etched drawing woodbox and think that would be crazy hot!...

Im gonna get the shoes. As far as the outfit...doubt it. Dont really see how they would "package" it unless it was a flightclub release and they letyou put your jean and t-shirt size in.

dont get me wrong, there is definitely a clearly defined seperation between GR's and supremes...I just dont see those differences being worth the extra $145. thats all Im saying

and if you wanna help me out on some sprms's at below retail, feel free
happy.gif

I feel ya bruh. I wear a sz. 14, so you can imagine why I don't have to pay so much. But I got you on the 30%tip if you need it. Just holla at me...

dumb collabo.

this better be some raw premium selvage sanforized top of the line japanese denim ever for that price.

man, i came into this thread thinking that NTers were gonna be all over this package... what a shock...

like the XX3s, i'll have to see more/better pics to make an ultimate decision... but just from the teaser alone of the jeans, I really don't thinkthey're going to go overboard and this is going to be a very nice package.

-jester

ITS GETTIN HOSTILE IN HERE!!!!!!!!!man those jeans better not be plain for no damn $395! I STILL would never cop.....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

If i can get these this will be my first pair of levis.
ohwell.gif

thats said that it took JB to co-sign levis for you to rock em...
If I got the set its a good chance I would not wear the jeans. I dont like levis. All I want is the shoes and maybe the t-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom