Jordan Brand Commercial: Dominate Another Day

The LeBron commercial is definitely better as some said, but the references to The Snake Charmer (Kobe), Illusionists (Magic) and Green Gang (Celtics) are cool.

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

The LeBron commercial is definitely better as some said, but the references to The Snake Charmer (Kobe), Illusionists (Magic) and Green Gang (Celtics) are cool.

I thought that was pretty cool too!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

I thought that was pretty cool too!!
smile.gif

lame. expensive special effects does not make up for ridiculous and cliche content. even the bond parody title doesn't take into account the meaning of the words. "die another day" means that today is not a good day to die, so death is saved FOR LATER. therefore "dominate another day" means to also delay the subject, but whereas with the original the hero is delaying a bad thing, in this the hero is delaying a good thing. in essence what it says is that he has GIVEN UP on dominating today, and is therefore saving it FOR LATER.

dumb commercial

lame. expensive special effects does not make up for ridiculous and cliche content. even the bond parody title doesn't take into account the meaning of the words. "die another day" means that today is not a good day to die, so death is saved FOR LATER. therefore "dominate another day" means to also delay the subject, but whereas with the original the hero is delaying a bad thing, in this the hero is delaying a good thing. in essence what it says is that he has GIVEN UP on dominating today, and is therefore saving it FOR LATER.

dumb commercial

Originally Posted by eltouha

dumb commercial
LOL. I think you read into it just a tad bit much. I saw the title meaning....Another Day, Dominated.

dumb commercial
LOL. I think you read into it just a tad bit much. I saw the title meaning....Another Day, Dominated.

i see the shot fired at kobe, and at boston. not sure who the illusionist is aimed at tho.

i see the shot fired at kobe, and at boston. not sure who the illusionist is aimed at tho.

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

Check out this pic from Jordan Brand's Facebook page:

3010z6a.jpg

Snake Charmer = Kobe Bryant
Illusionists = Dwight Howard and the Magic
Green Gang = Boston Celtics
German Cowboy (not featured) = Dirk Nowitzki
Zen Master (not featured) = Phil Jackson
Kid Spider (not featured) = Kevin Durant

I hope they continue with the commercials. The first one was a nice introduction to what can be a nice marketing campaign for Wade.

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

Check out this pic from Jordan Brand's Facebook page:

3010z6a.jpg

Snake Charmer = Kobe Bryant
Illusionists = Dwight Howard and the Magic
Green Gang = Boston Celtics
German Cowboy (not featured) = Dirk Nowitzki
Zen Master (not featured) = Phil Jackson
Kid Spider (not featured) = Kevin Durant

I hope they continue with the commercials. The first one was a nice introduction to what can be a nice marketing campaign for Wade.

Originally Posted by ijapino

dumb commercial

yeah they probably meant dominate (again) today, and yeah i'm being a bit cheeky.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

dumb commercial

yeah they probably meant dominate (again) today, and yeah i'm being a bit cheeky.
smile.gif

Seems kinda lame to me.  If I weren't into Jordans, I probably wouldn't have even realized what they were trying to advertise.  It looks more like a motorcycle commercial or movie trailer.

Seems kinda lame to me.  If I weren't into Jordans, I probably wouldn't have even realized what they were trying to advertise.  It looks more like a motorcycle commercial or movie trailer.

after seeing the concept i wont bash it like i planned to after seeing the weak spot on tv x12 last night

after seeing the concept i wont bash it like i planned to after seeing the weak spot on tv x12 last night

Back
Top Bottom