Jordan Brand Quality.

I feel like it depends on the model. The Mars and Military 4's from 2006 were pretty bad in terms of quality, with the midsole paint chipping and super thin leather. At least the 4's this year haven't had that widespread of a chipping issue

Do all you think the jordan brand quality is better or getting worse?
Depends on the shoe the quality of my 3s that recently came out are much better than the ones that dropped a few years a go the ones a few years ago that dropped chipped like hell but the ones recent are holding up pretty good so it varies

it's gotten better from late 2010-present IMO than it was in 2006.(dmps notwithstanding)

2009-2010 were the dark years.

:lol:

Nah. 06 is when the pleather (militaries, grapes) that is prevalent today started. Actually the pleather has gotten a bit better in the past year. (chicagos, wc3).
Plus 08 had all the cdps which were horrendous quality. Even the carmines which I love were super wack. Quality is like 50 times better on the oreos even white/varsity reds from '10.

Last edited:
Well obviously.
Nobody was asking why the quality is the way it was. Everything you just mentioned is pretty obvious to the people who complain about the quality.
OP just simply asked if it was getting better or worse.

Fair enough, you're intelligent enough to understand this but the rest of the JB forum... Anyhow there's a daily quality thread yet these cats continue to buy JB product - I'm hoping to hammer some sense into these guys.

OP, to answer your question the quality is alot worse.

Last edited:
Nah. 06 is when the pleather (militaries, grapes) that is prevalent today started. Actually the pleather has gotten a bit better in the past year. (chicagos, wc3).
Plus 08 had all the cdps which were horrendous quality. Even the carmines which I love were super wack. Quality is like 50 times better on the oreos even white/varsity reds from '10.

the exception is the black cement 3s. those are a lot nicer cut/shape, and feel than what the recently released black cement 3s.

Here is the JB quality in action....JB must have heard my post yesterday about crappy quality and this just shows it.

A pair of AJ Retro VI Blk/Silver lows from 2002....I have only worn these a handful of times.

^^^

My dude, it's unfair to complain about sole separation issues on a sneaker that's over a decade old. The sole separation you're experiencing can happen as the glue gets brittle over time and you can easily remedy the situation by re-glueing it. Big ticket items like automobiles and homes would need minor/major repairs after 10 years of ownership if you want to put things in perspective. That said, were you satisfied with the quality of the shoes when you purchased them in 2002?

I have to ask, as the complaints for the past 6 years pertain to overuse of synthetic materials, stripping away of sockliners/padding and crummy paintjobs/midsoles on NEW or 'just released' shoes. How can you fix cheap pleather or midsoles that crack after one wear?

^^^
My dude, it's unfair to complain about sole separation issues on a sneaker that's over a decade old. The sole separation you're experiencing can happen as the glue gets brittle over time and you can easily remedy the situation by re-glueing it. Big ticket items like automobiles and homes would need minor/major repairs after 10 years of ownership if you want to put things in perspective. That said, were you satisfied with the quality of the shoes when you purchased them in 2002?
I have to ask, as the complaints for the past 6 years pertain to overuse of synthetic materials, stripping away of sockliners/padding and crummy paintjobs/midsoles on NEW or 'just released' shoes. How can you fix cheap pleather or midsoles that crack after one wear?

I understand the shoe is old, but I have pairs of Cole Haans, Clarks and other that I have actually worn for the last 10 years and besides the obvious sole wear and tear. They look and feel great.

I understand the shoe is old, but I have pairs of Cole Haans, Clarks and other that I have actually worn for the last 10 years and besides the obvious sole wear and tear. They look and feel great.

Understood, I have some Cole Haans that have stood the test of time too along with my older retros that are holding up apart from some yellowing, etc... Were you satisfied with the quality of the shoe when you purchased it in 2002 though?

In 2002 I paid $95 for the shoes and was satisfied with them, mos def....I haven't purchased a pair of Jordans after 2004 and the only reason I purchased a couple of pairs that year was because I had a couple of Nike.com vouchers I had to use.

The whole paint cracking on the retro IX back in the day and use of subpar materials started getting to me. If your paying $200 for a shoe....it should be some quality stuff.

Mens dress shoes can get pricey, but when you pay for a good leather shoe...it usually last and looks sharp with a good cleaning.

2008-present quality has been very hit and miss and mostly iffy to say the least.

Premio(BIN23) and AJ XX3 don't count of course.

the exception is the black cement 3s. those are a lot nicer cut/shape, and feel than what the recently released black cement 3s.

actually they may have a point now that i think about it..the cdp 3 and 4 look way better than the ones releasing individually.. maybe quality is taking a dive again. :x

i started collecting Air jordan in 2006 so idk how well they used to be but my 2000 Air jordan 5's feel more expensive

Back
Top Bottom