Jordan Brand warranty these days

you guys are bad.
then again so is nike and so many of their crappy products that cost so much $$$.

it obviously drives the consumer to fraudulently return something.

I was 15, and while $125+ for shoes is common place today (not necessarily cheap, but accepted), back then, that was an OBSCENE amount of money for shoes. It's not something I'd be interested in doing as an adult. I'm just curious as to what their policies are today because nowadays, you DO have to worry about their shoes not holding up too well, just as the retro V fire reds I un-DSed at the beginning of this year attest to. I alternate between 3 pairs of shoes 3-5 times a week for basketball, yet despite not being worn that frequently, the paint is chipping and cracking on the midsoles, is rubbing off on the rest of the shoe (red scuffs all over the white leather), and the glue that holds the midsole to the toe boxes is coming undone. So before I un-DS my infrareds, I want some kind of assurance that JB will back up their product like they USED to do. I don't want to be out a wearable pair of shoes AND the money for them.

And don't play semantics, Noble Kane. You know damn well what I meant. They actually WERE a Nike shoe at that time. Then they became JB, a SUBSIDIARY of Nike. There's a difference, you know. It's like saying Holden is GM, even though GM doesn't really regulate what Holden does with their cars.

I was 15, and while $125+ for shoes is common place today (not necessarily cheap, but accepted), back then, that was an OBSCENE amount of money for shoes. It's not something I'd be interested in doing as an adult. I'm just curious as to what their policies are today because nowadays, you DO have to worry about their shoes not holding up too well, just as the retro V fire reds I un-DSed at the beginning of this year attest to. I alternate between 3 pairs of shoes 3-5 times a week for basketball, yet despite not being worn that frequently, the paint is chipping and cracking on the midsoles, is rubbing off on the rest of the shoe (red scuffs all over the white leather), and the glue that holds the midsole to the toe boxes is coming undone. So before I un-DS my infrareds, I want some kind of assurance that JB will back up their product like they USED to do. I don't want to be out a wearable pair of shoes AND the money for them.

And don't play semantics, Noble Kane. You know damn well what I meant. They actually WERE a Nike shoe at that time. Then they became JB, a SUBSIDIARY of Nike. There's a difference, you know. It's like saying Holden is GM, even though GM doesn't really regulate what Holden does with their cars.

We understand what you mean bro, but now that JB runs it they don't have any "insurance" on any shoes..
Unless it's defected.
That's just they way it is now...
You're better off buying Nike Basketball shoes!

We understand what you mean bro, but now that JB runs it they don't have any "insurance" on any shoes..
Unless it's defected.
That's just they way it is now...
You're better off buying Nike Basketball shoes!

You are UNDS'ing your infareds?! WHAT?! This is unheard of around here! I thought people just got those to look at?

I would call JB about the warranty issue though, I dno if they would replace the infareds since it is part of a pack, however.

You are UNDS'ing your infareds?! WHAT?! This is unheard of around here! I thought people just got those to look at?

I would call JB about the warranty issue though, I dno if they would replace the infareds since it is part of a pack, however.

I am pretty sure their warranty is the exact same as Nike... JB is just a sub company of Nike and their warranties are the same especially because you can buy their product from NIKEstore.com.....

Here you go:
Step 1: Nike USA Footwear Terms & Conditions

No refunds. All refunds must be obtained through the original place of purchase only.
No exchanges due to size, fit, or style selection problems.
For NikeStore.com purchase returns please click here and go to Returns and Exchanges.
Products purchased through a Nike Factory Store must be returned or exchanged through a Nike Factory Store. For a Nike Factory Store in your area, go to our Store Locator page, enter your ZIP code and search distance, and select Retail Type Nike Factory.
If your claim is approved, we will send you a Product Voucher for use on NikeStore.com OR a product replacement (same or comparable style) at the sole discretion of Nike.
The following WILL NOT be accepted:

Any footwear returns that arrive more than 2 years after the manufacturing date (found on the tag inside of the shoe) will be returned without inspection.
Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.
Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.
Size, fit, and style selection complaints.
Salesman samples or Promotional products.
Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.
To receive inspection services, any and all items returned to Nike must meet the following requirements:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must include a return address on any package sent to our consumer warehouse. For the safety of our employees, any package received without a return address on the outside of the package will be destroyed and Nike will not replace the contents of the package. Thank you for your cooperation.

The Nike claim number must be clearly printed on the outside of the package.
Each item returned must have a Nike claim number. For example, 2 pairs of shoes must have 2 claim numbers, and both claim numbers must be printed on the outside of the package. Any discrepancy will result in the entire contents returned to sender without inspection.
Items purchased in pairs (such as footwear) must be returned in pairs and is considered one item requiring one claim number.
Shipments received at any Nike location without valid claim numbers will be returned to the sender without inspection.
Shipping is the consumer’s responsibility. Nike recommends using an insured, trackable shipping method.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product that has been denied and returned. Denied claims that are returned to the RLC will be recycled without compensation.
Inspections and Product Voucher Redemption:

If your product is deemed to have a material or manufacturing flaw, you will receive a Product Voucher for the suggested retail value of that product.
Some Nike Tennis footwear styles have a 6 month outsole guarantee and require the dated original or copy of the original receipt and the original warranty card.
Some Nike Golf footwear styles have waterproof warranties and require the dated original or copy of the original receipt.
The Nike Tennis 6 month outsole warranty policy and Golf footwear waterproof warranty is effective only if the claim is received with a dated receipt from a Nike authorized dealer. This receipt must be returned with the claim to receive inspection.
Footwear that DOES NOT pass Nike’s inspection process will either be returned with an explanation, or donated to the Reuse-A-Shoe program (determined by the sender when the claim is set up). For the safety of our employees, original shipping boxes and other packaging materials will be recycled and not reused on returned products.
If a product voucher is issued, the returned items will be recycled.
Vouchers may be redeemed through NikeStore.com (U.S. site) only.
Vouchers are nontransferable and are not redeemable for cash.
Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Nike Gift Cards.
Voucher value will equal Nike's suggested retail price of the item returned.
Upon voucher redemption, the order total includes the price of the product(s), any applicable sales tax, and shipping charges. If the order total exceeds the voucher amount, the remaining balance must be paid for by a credit card, PayPal, Nike Gift Card, or another Product Voucher.
Unused voucher balances can be used for future purchases on NikeStore.com.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product vouchers. Treat them like cash.
Nike reserves the right to suspend or cancel any issued product vouchers that are associated with a violation of our policies. Nike reserves the right to refuse, cancel or hold for review vouchers and orders for suspected fraud, or for vouchers mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination, or for violations of NikeStore.com voucher policies. In addition, Nike reserves the right to void any product vouchers and/or recycle products associated with previous fraudulent or abuse of the claim process.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product that has been denied and returned.
Any product voucher resold or purchased from a third party, including those purchased on an internet auction site is void and has no value.

I am pretty sure their warranty is the exact same as Nike... JB is just a sub company of Nike and their warranties are the same especially because you can buy their product from NIKEstore.com.....

Here you go:
Step 1: Nike USA Footwear Terms & Conditions

No refunds. All refunds must be obtained through the original place of purchase only.
No exchanges due to size, fit, or style selection problems.
For NikeStore.com purchase returns please click here and go to Returns and Exchanges.
Products purchased through a Nike Factory Store must be returned or exchanged through a Nike Factory Store. For a Nike Factory Store in your area, go to our Store Locator page, enter your ZIP code and search distance, and select Retail Type Nike Factory.
If your claim is approved, we will send you a Product Voucher for use on NikeStore.com OR a product replacement (same or comparable style) at the sole discretion of Nike.
The following WILL NOT be accepted:

Any footwear returns that arrive more than 2 years after the manufacturing date (found on the tag inside of the shoe) will be returned without inspection.
Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.
Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.
Size, fit, and style selection complaints.
Salesman samples or Promotional products.
Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.
To receive inspection services, any and all items returned to Nike must meet the following requirements:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must include a return address on any package sent to our consumer warehouse. For the safety of our employees, any package received without a return address on the outside of the package will be destroyed and Nike will not replace the contents of the package. Thank you for your cooperation.

The Nike claim number must be clearly printed on the outside of the package.
Each item returned must have a Nike claim number. For example, 2 pairs of shoes must have 2 claim numbers, and both claim numbers must be printed on the outside of the package. Any discrepancy will result in the entire contents returned to sender without inspection.
Items purchased in pairs (such as footwear) must be returned in pairs and is considered one item requiring one claim number.
Shipments received at any Nike location without valid claim numbers will be returned to the sender without inspection.
Shipping is the consumer’s responsibility. Nike recommends using an insured, trackable shipping method.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product that has been denied and returned. Denied claims that are returned to the RLC will be recycled without compensation.
Inspections and Product Voucher Redemption:

If your product is deemed to have a material or manufacturing flaw, you will receive a Product Voucher for the suggested retail value of that product.
Some Nike Tennis footwear styles have a 6 month outsole guarantee and require the dated original or copy of the original receipt and the original warranty card.
Some Nike Golf footwear styles have waterproof warranties and require the dated original or copy of the original receipt.
The Nike Tennis 6 month outsole warranty policy and Golf footwear waterproof warranty is effective only if the claim is received with a dated receipt from a Nike authorized dealer. This receipt must be returned with the claim to receive inspection.
Footwear that DOES NOT pass Nike’s inspection process will either be returned with an explanation, or donated to the Reuse-A-Shoe program (determined by the sender when the claim is set up). For the safety of our employees, original shipping boxes and other packaging materials will be recycled and not reused on returned products.
If a product voucher is issued, the returned items will be recycled.
Vouchers may be redeemed through NikeStore.com (U.S. site) only.
Vouchers are nontransferable and are not redeemable for cash.
Vouchers cannot be used to purchase Nike Gift Cards.
Voucher value will equal Nike's suggested retail price of the item returned.
Upon voucher redemption, the order total includes the price of the product(s), any applicable sales tax, and shipping charges. If the order total exceeds the voucher amount, the remaining balance must be paid for by a credit card, PayPal, Nike Gift Card, or another Product Voucher.
Unused voucher balances can be used for future purchases on NikeStore.com.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product vouchers. Treat them like cash.
Nike reserves the right to suspend or cancel any issued product vouchers that are associated with a violation of our policies. Nike reserves the right to refuse, cancel or hold for review vouchers and orders for suspected fraud, or for vouchers mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination, or for violations of NikeStore.com voucher policies. In addition, Nike reserves the right to void any product vouchers and/or recycle products associated with previous fraudulent or abuse of the claim process.
Nike is not responsible for lost or stolen product that has been denied and returned.
Any product voucher resold or purchased from a third party, including those purchased on an internet auction site is void and has no value.

i remember back in the day( like 96-97) if my shoe bled or something to that extent id tell my mom and we would exchange them for a newer release without problems

i remember back in the day( like 96-97) if my shoe bled or something to that extent id tell my mom and we would exchange them for a newer release without problems

yeah, I can't believe I forgot about those warranties in a long time now.
I don't get why Jordan still wouldn't do it like Nike. I mean, releasing Retros has always been successful rather than releasing a new pair of shoes every year.
They're already getting too much money from us now that they raised the prices on most releases nowadays.
I still remember when sneakers are around $100 back in the day but still didn't have enough money to cop a pair.
I think adding a warranty at a regular price of $209 a pair is VERY FAIR. Don't you all think?

yeah, I can't believe I forgot about those warranties in a long time now.
I don't get why Jordan still wouldn't do it like Nike. I mean, releasing Retros has always been successful rather than releasing a new pair of shoes every year.
They're already getting too much money from us now that they raised the prices on most releases nowadays.
I still remember when sneakers are around $100 back in the day but still didn't have enough money to cop a pair.
I think adding a warranty at a regular price of $209 a pair is VERY FAIR. Don't you all think?

i don't think they help out much with thier warratny.. you get your kicks thats it!! on your own risk...ponyboy

i don't think they help out much with thier warratny.. you get your kicks thats it!! on your own risk...ponyboy

Back
Top Bottom