Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

these are Jordans. not some Luxury brand of sneakers... and not all jordans quality is bad, 88 WC, Lance mountain sb 1, friends and family 1's, cigar 6s all were great quality shoes.

Jordans are actually BASKETBALL SHOES.. they are meant to crease
Who said anything about creasing?

For you to suggest that spending over one hundred dollars on an item that you do not really need, not being considered a luxury, proves how disconnected you are from reality.  

Perhaps you need to spend time with people who feed their whole families for a month, with that same one hundred dollars.

The remastering as they are calling it, is being done to address the quality issues, and Nike has admitted this. Therefore they are RAISING prices in order to give you what you should have received at an even lower price point.

Last edited:
If you don't like the price increase stop buying Air Jordan's. What's all this complaining about? It's called supply and demand. Nike is increasing the price because no matter what their shoes will still sell out in stores and online every Saturday at 8:01

Last edited:

For you to suggest that spending over one hundred dollars on an item that you do not really need, not being considered a luxury, proves how disconnected you are from reality.  

Perhaps you need to spend time with people who feed their whole families for a month, with that same one hundred dollars.

The remastering as they are calling it, is being done to address the quality issues, and Nike has admitted this. Therefore they are RAISING prices in order to give you what you should have received at an even lower price point.
there is a big difference to something being a luxury and something being a Luxury Item.. obviously you dont understand the difference..

Jordans are NOT a luxury shoe.. they are not balenciagas or Maison Martin Margiela shoes.. they are in fact basketball shoes..

just because it is a luxury to own jordans, does not make it a luxury shoe.. see the difference?? 

Last edited:
If you don't like the price increase stop buying Air Jordan's. What's all this complaining about? It's called supply and demand. Nike is increasing the price because no matter what their shoes will still sell out in stores and online every Saturday at 8:01
this..

Jordans are always one of the most expensive shoes.. because they are Jordans.. so what do you expect?

If shaq attaqs retail for 160 dollars, and what do you think Jordan retro's should be??  SMH

Ill also just leave this here. I already know who in this thread will know exactly what it is saying, and who wont.
Come on guys.. nobody is goin gto comment on this?  If everything Nike does is just a cash grab, how come their margins have remained close to flat (+-~1 or 2 points) between 2007 and 2011?

bro, people NT don't even know what the word Luxury means!  and how to use it in a sentence, lmao

but you expect them to know about basic economics.. and understand terms like margins, inflation, etc.. lol

Dude said APPAREL is the bulk of Nike revenue??  
roll.gif

SMH, I dont even know why i bother.. 

Last edited:

bro, people NT don't even know what the word Luxury means!  and how to use it in a sentence, lmao

but you expect them to know about basic economics.. and understand terms like margins, inflation, etc.. lol

Dude said APPAREL is the bulk of Nike revenue??  
roll.gif

SMH, I dont even know why i bother..
I know, I dont know why I bother either but its funny.. As soon as I think Im out, the pull me right back in.

Come on guys.. nobody is goin gto comment on this?  If everything Nike does is just a cash grab, how come their margins have remained close to flat (+-~1 or 2 points) between 2007 and 2011?

Dude, your chart is way over the head of 99% of the cats in the JB cesspool. However as a former Nike employee I can tell you that their manufacturing costs have gone up in the last 5 years but not enough to justify the huge price increases on some of their (very subpar) product.

Phuzzy Badpheet, you get what's going on here but you're preaching to a brick wall. These shoes are fashion items and are very trendy as far as popular culture goes. Nike/JB are the #1 marketing company in the world - they know this and they are doing all they can to stay trendy and move as many units as possible until the 'sneakerhead' fad tapers off.

I've said it before and I'll say it again but they (Nike/JB) have been catching flak for the high prices and chaos associated with purchasing these shoes. This 'remaster' BS is just a way of deflecting a price increase that will be looked up negatively. They are doing absolutely NOTHING in the way of re-tooling the molds or substituting plastic for trim pieces that were switched to rubber. All they are doing is running some basic tumbled leather on the shoes and charging more for it - Reebok & Fila have been consistently doing this yet their product hits clearance on the regular.

The 'sneakerhead' foolishness started in '09 and we're now 5 years deep into it. You have cats who have accumulated 200+ pairs of sneakers in a very short time and they are probably in their late teens or early 20s. Give 'em a couple of years to finish school/college, move out of their parent's homes and face the realization of a tough workforce and smaller living spaces that can barely accommodate 10 pairs of shoes vs 100+.

Nike/JB have been around for decades, they know this current state won't last forever and they will rake in as much as they can - even if it means re-releasing the same shoes over and over save for manufacturing the shoes the way they SHOULD have been manufactured in the first place.

Dude, your chart is way over the head of 99% of the cats in the JB cesspool. However as a former Nike employee I can tell you that their manufacturing costs have gone up in the last 5 years but not enough to justify the huge price increases on some of their (very subpar) product.
I get it.  And like I (and a bunch of others) have said in here, I get that its not just an inflation thing, but there are some folks in here who cant get past 1990 prices.  They want the OG Jordan at OG prices without paying more for it 30 years later.  Its not just about inflation, its not just about demand, its not just about manufacturing but EVERYTHING pieced together.  I mean ****, even employee wages have increased, the cost of rent to their buildings, the cost to turn their lights on etc.. And of course they want to pad their bottom line.

I just dont get the whole argument.  Its simple;

1. You like the shoes and the price, then you buy them

2. You like the shoes but not the price, then you dont buy them

3. You dont like the shoes and you dont like the price, then dont buy them

(NOT DIRECTED AT YOU VOOD99) But why bother coming into a thread about Jordans, to hate on all things Jordan.  Why you wasting your time telling us how the materials suck, and the costing is a rip off and overall **** JB.  If you hate everything about it that much, Im sure you have better things to do with your time.  Time for me to hop off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
I get it.  And like I (and a bunch of others) have said in here, I get that its not just an inflation thing, but there are some folks in here who cant get past 1990 prices.  They want the OG Jordan at OG prices without paying more for it 30 years later.  Its not just about inflation, its not just about demand, its not just about manufacturing but EVERYTHING pieced together.  I mean ****, even employee wages have increased, the cost of rent to their buildings, the cost to turn their lights on etc.. And of course they want to pad their bottom line.

I just dont get the whole argument.  Its simple;

1. You like the shoes and the price, then you buy them
2. You like the shoes but not the price, then you dont buy them
3. You dont like the shoes and you dont like the price, then dont buy them

(NOT DIRECTED AT YOU VOOD99) But why bother coming into a thread about Jordans, to hate on all things Jordan.  Why you wasting your time telling us how the materials suck, and the costing is a rip off and overall **** JB.  If you hate everything about it that much, Im sure you have better things to do with your time.  Time for me to hop off my soapbox now.

It's all good fam. This is an open forum though and there'll be a mix of both positive/negative and good/bad opinions. As mentioned before I worked @ Nike for almost a decade and it's tough seeing products that were once the industry standard/benchmark made with respectable quality (vs. the competitors) decline to 'something' that indistinguishable from a counterfeit/variant.

Last edited:
It's all good fam. This is an open forum though and there'll be a mix of both positive/negative and good/bad opinions. As mentioned before I worked @ Nike for almost a decade and it's tough seeing products that were once the industry standard/benchmark made with respectable quality (vs. the competitors) decline to 'something' that indistinguishable from a counterfeit/variant.
honest question - did JB decline to the counterfeit level, or did the bootleggers raise their game to JB level?

honest question - did JB decline to the counterfeit level, or did the bootleggers raise their game to JB level?

You can call me delusional but it's 100% the former.

Pay the extra cash for any JB retro made prior to '03 and compare it to what they release now. There is a huge drop off in materials used and overall build quality vs what's made today. Yes there were glue stains and paint smudges but the shoes had 'substance'.

Crazy part is that all those joints prior to '03 were made in China too - so you'd think after 11 years things would be better as manufacturing technologies evolve and improve. It's frustrating to see it actually get worse.

Pay the extra cash for any JB retro made prior to '03 and compare it to what they release now. There is a huge drop off in materials used and overall build quality vs what's made today. Yes there were glue stains and paint smudges but the shoes had 'substance'.

Crazy part is that all those joints prior to '03 were made in China too - so you'd think after 11 years things would be better as manufacturing technologies evolve and improve. It's frustrating to see it actually get worse.
lol na wont call you dillusional.  Appreciate to hear opinions on this and as for someone who worked at Nike, I think its valuable.

I really disagree with you.. I think my 88 WC are great.. my family and forever 1's, lance mountain 1's are all awesome shoes.. for the most part, the quality is not that bad IMO..

maybe i have just gotten lucky and gotten good pairs.. i dont know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom