Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

if JB let the consumer pay 180-200, they own the consumer a high quality product

and the consumer deserve to have a product what at least resembles for 90% or more to the OGs imo

fcking JB owns us the OG shape for that price hike
mad.gif

if JB let the consumer pay 180-200, they own the consumer a high quality product

and the consumer deserve to have a product what at least resembles for 90% or more to the OGs imo

fcking JB owns us the OG shape for that price hike
mad.gif
Come on man.  They dont owe the consumer NOTHING.  They can put crap in a box for $300 and would owe us nothing.  WE decide if we want what they're selling

Where did this consumer sense of entitlement come from?  They sell was they sell, and we decide if we want to buy it.  If you dont, because they use crappy leather or whatever the complaint of the month is, then you dont.  But they dont owe one single thing

Last edited:
^^^I agree with this, too. That's why I just stopped buying. Although I still like the Air Jordan sigs, I just refuse to pay $200+ for basketball shoes. Especially when you have to do so much to buy a pair. I guess it'll just be Nike retros from here on out. At least those stick around long enough to go one sale.

Last edited:

Come on man.  They dont owe the consumer NOTHING.  They can put crap in a box for $300 and would owe us nothing.  WE decide if we want what they're selling

Where did this consumer sense of entitlement come from?  They sell was they sell, and we decide if we want to buy it.  If you dont, because they use crappy leather or whatever the complaint of the month is, then you dont.  But they dont owe one single thing
lol your comment sound like if you're a JB groupie or something

if they want my 200 bucks they own me that cuz im a loyal customer for years

im at a point that im considering to stop buying shoes from JB because

i dont like how they try to deceive the consumer with all this remastering bla bla bla BS

lol your comment sound like if you're a JB groupie or something

if they want my 200 bucks they own me that cuz im a loyal customer for years

im at a point that im considering to stop buying shoes from JB because

i dont like how they try to deceive the consumer with all this remastering bla bla bla BS
groupie lol.. na I just know whats up.  They dont OWE you anything though.  When you pay $200 they owe you a pair of shoes in a box.  Other than that, if you dont like it you dont buy it.  Its a business exchange and thats it.

i think i need to start a movement on IG to let other unsatisfied JB consumers to boycot their products

its time to learn those fckers from JB a lesson with the hastag #BOYCOTNIKEAIRJORDAN

social media is nice tool to promote your products but if they dont watch out it gonna turn against ya

lol you're a good man.  Agree with all sides, keep your nose clean, and we can all get along.

:rofl:

just buggin ya though
No problem with that, man. It's just that I feel both points are valid even though they're from different points of view. But ultimately I side more with the digiballs' opinion.

i think i need to start a movement on IG to let other unsatisfied JB consumers to boycot their products

its time to learn those fckers from JB a lesson with the hastag #BOYCOTNIKEAIRJORDAN

social media is nice tool to promote your products but if they dont watch out it gonna turn against ya
Yeah good luck with that

The "remastered" series has turned out to be JB just straight up lying to consumers to sneak in a another price hike quietly.
So you're saying we won't see a dramatic improvement in quality of materials? It's just another price hike with no actual improvement?

Just wanna make sure that's what you're claiming. If not, I'd edit that.

Ill co-sign with Rusty on this.
If they don't fix the shape and molds, then JB can keep the "remastered" uppers

But we've already seen what the new shoes will look like. Obviously they are keeping the same molds, just updating/upgrading materials. 

But we've already seen what the new shoes will look like. Obviously they are keeping the same molds, just updating/upgrading materials. 

Sadly, I know that. Thats why I was agreeing with Rusty.
Without improved shape, the remastering is just an excuse for a price hike in exchange for "improved" leathers
Thanks, but no thanks

Last edited:

I dont think it would actually make a difference, but if you feel that the product sucks then thats what you should do.  The unfortunate thing, for everyone who cops a shoe, there are 5 more who struck out.  So the shoe will still sell, not to you but someone else.

I dont think it would actually make a difference, but if you feel that the product sucks then thats what you should do.  The unfortunate thing, for everyone who cops a shoe, there are 5 more who struck out.  So the shoe will still sell, not to you but someone else.
yup....totally pointless.

How do you expect to satisfy customer confidence, maintaining a good rep, without understanding that you do owe consumers something?

You owe the customers a high quality product, one that you can stake your name and reputation behind.

I tell you what, if it ever got out that Nike is shortchanging customers with faulty footwear, which in some circles it already has, actually running, I'd bet they will feel that they owe the consumers something then!

Notice how they try and market toward runners, much differently than they do toward the so called sneaker head?

How do you expect to satisfy customer confidence, maintaining a good rep, without understanding that you do owe consumers something?

You owe the customers a high quality product, one that you can stake your name and reputation behind.

I tell you what, if it ever got out that Nike is shortchanging customers with faulty footwear, which in some circles it already has, actually running, I'd bet they will feel that they owe the consumers something then!

Notice how they try and market toward runners, much differently than they do toward the so called sneaker head?
Let me know when u see people lining up outside in the freezing cold rain at 6AM for some Reeboks or Adidas.

Let me know when u see people lining up outside in the freezing cold rain at 6AM for some Reeboks or Adidas.
Your comment would be valid, only if everyone actually cared about lining up in the cold rain at 6 am for a sneaker.

You do realize that people such as yourself, do not represent a major portion of sneaker sales, correct?

Last edited:
Your comment would be valid, only if everyone actually cared about lining up in the cold rain at 6 am for a sneaker.

You do realize that people such as yourself, do not represent a major portion of sneaker sales, correct?
Just let me know when folks start lining up for other Shoe Brands other than Nike and JB. Or waiting in line ONLINE for hours to buy some Reeboks or adidas. Just let me know. Don't worry I'll wait.

Last edited:
Just let me know when folks start lining up for other Shoe Brands other than Nike and JB. Or waiting in line ONLINE for hours to buy some Reeboks or adidas. Just let me know. Don't worry I'll wait.
Typical NIKE sneakerhead response, thinking that you are the only ones who actually buys sneakers. 

On the real world scale, the one that actually counts, lineups add nothing but fodder for the media.

Last edited:
Typical NIKE sneakerhead response, thinking that you are the only ones who actually buys sneakers. 

On the real world scale, the one that actually counts, lineups add nothing but fodder for the media.
I don't stand in lines. I don't do raffles. And i dont pay over box price not anymore anyway. (EB Silver club). So i wouldn't really include myself in your little list of people that "fodder the media" and obviously I'm just a typical Nike sneakerhead and I'm not claiming to be anything else. I just buy Nike shoes that I like from the comfort of my couch for retail price from Nike retail stores. I'm just saying people do line up every time a retro Jordan or popular Nike shoe drops. I don't see any other sneaker brand getting that kind of treatment. And what are you other than the typical sneakerhead? Are u special? What makes anybody special? What is your point and why do u even care what the media and others think or do. Worry bout your star player which is you.

Last edited:
I don't stand in lines. I don't do raffles. And i dont pay over box price not anymore anyway. (EB Silver club). So i wouldn't really include myself in your little list of people that "fodder the media" and obviously I'm just a typical Nike sneakerhead and I'm not claiming to be anything else. I just buy Nike shoes that I like from the comfort of my couch for retail price from Nike retail stores. I'm just saying people do line up every time a retro Jordan or popular Nike shoe drops. I don't see any other sneaker brand getting that kind of treatment. And what are you other than the typical sneakerhead? Are u special? What makes anybody special? What is your point and why do u even care what the media and others think or do. Worry bout your star player which is you.
You are fodder for the media, due to your thirst for something that you apparently do not need. This is why Matt Powell has a job, to discuss people like you. 

Furthermore, I am not a sneakerhead, and I have no interest in shoes that you find to be special, especially not for the reasons that you do. If I have something that you like, then it is completely by accident.

You are not listening to what I am saying.

Does Nike want to put out a product that will make it customers happy - OF COURSE.

Does Nike owe their customers, remastered products fixing whatever problem some people have with the shoe - NO THEY DONT.

They do not owe us anything, if they choose to provide those things, then thats the position the brand wants to make to address customer confidence and those other points you made above.  But again, they do not owe you or me nothing

Back
Top Bottom