Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Which ones do you feel are like cardboard? I wear the Chicago X and French blue VII's a lot and they are some of the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn. The hares are stiffer in comparison but still not like cardboard. Those feel like they need more of a break-in. The Columbia iv and Oreo iv are comfy as well, albeit less than the X's and FB VII's.
Maybe its just me, but 1's and V's didn't feel good to me. I was actually hoping with this remastered series that JB would improve insoles and give a performance or ortholite one like Adidas/Reebok

Last edited:
I quit buying shoes in 2011. I passed on the 2011 Bordeauxs(which I was looking forward to for a few years prior), the Black metallic 5s, and them whhack *** Raptor 7s and White Cement 4s. Now most of them are re releasing in the way I wanted with closer to the OG looks and better materials. My point is that you cant really "miss out" on none of JB releases because they will release again in a few years. It's also okay to be picky and pass on something if its broght back untrue to the OG. It'll just come out again better(Bordeauxs, chi 10s, Chi 1s, WC 4s, eventually black metallic and raptors). While the prices aren't as nice, I'm glad I can get my grails for less than resell for the previous release and it be closer to what I wanted.

Last edited:
I liked the 2012 "raptors" a lot actually. It just the stupid rope laces that threw em off. The all over durabuck I didn't mind either. The glossy peaks didn't have to be glossy either

Are any 12s or 13s releasing any time soon? I'm looking to purchase one of the color ways that aren't retroing any time soon, it would suck to buy a pair now and have it release next year for cheeper then resell price lol

Are any 12s or 13s releasing any time soon? I'm looking to purchase one of the color ways that aren't retroing any time soon, it would suck to buy a pair now and have it release next year for cheeper then resell price lol

White/Red and French Blue 12's are releasing next year, and the Flu Games might release next year. No word on any 13's though.

White/Red and French Blue 12's are releasing next year, and the Flu Games might release next year. No word on any 13's though.
Don't forget those 12's that are almost murdered out

Right, right, the black ones. Forgot about them Since they'll be brand new though, having neever released before, he doesn't have to worry about coming across them at least.

My point is that you cant really "miss out" on none of JB releases because they will release again in a few years. It's also okay to be picky and pass on something if its broght back untrue to the OG. It'll just come out again better

Agree with this.

Back in the old days 10-15 years ago, when some shoes had never been retroed, or maybe only once, people weren't sure whether a new release might be their only chance to ever cop.

I remember doubling up on Mars IV because I was desperate for a Fire Red. Never mind that the Mars were absolute trash, AND came with a stupid logo
If I knew then what I know now, I would've never copped the Mars and just waited til a better IV released.

These days, we're seeing some shoes get their 3rd-4th release, so all the more reason to pas and wit for the ones you really want

Dunno where to post this but I gotta ask.

Has anyone bought the Cool Grey/Infrared 10's and customed it to look like Shadow 10's?

I've been really considering buying Last Shot 14's (2011). What are your guys' thoughts, should I?

Or should I hold out for a hopeful remastered release?

EDIT: white/red pair as well.

Walter..

Last edited:
I've been really considering buying Last Shot 14's (2011). What are your guys' thoughts, should I?

Walter..

You never know when an older colorway's going to retro. Consider the French Blue 12's are coming out again next year (2016). Last time they came out was in 2004. Whenever people ask these type of questions that's the example I give them, because you have to decide if you can realistically live with not being able to get that colorway from a new release for many years.

Walter..

go for the last shots if you can, don't wait.

You never know when an older colorway's going to retro. Consider the French Blue 12's are coming out again next year (2016). Last time they came out was in 2004. Whenever people ask these type of questions that's the example I give them, because you have to decide if you can realistically live with not being able to get that colorway from a new release for many years.

You're absolutely right, you just never know what JB has lined up. I'm very excited for those French blue and white/red 12's btw, I'm really hoping they release black/red 12's as well.

go for the last shots if you can, don't wait.

I am going to get them. My CDP pair just isn't the same, and they're pretty worn down. They're one of the few J's I kept after I sold off the grand majority of my sneakers early 2011. Hence me wanting to get the last shots now.

Thanks fellas.

Walter..

Walter..
2005 last shots were dope! velour inside, i loved them.

They are just too nice, quality seems pretty good on them too.

View media item 1637019
I really wouldn't mind seeing how JB would do with a "remastered" version.

I just don't know about going that far back for a Jordan. I sold off my 2004 Olympic 7's in 2011..1 because I was selling nearly everything off, but 2 they were getting older. I wear my shoes..so wearability factors in. I have been eyeing 2003 flint grey 12's, but 12's are tanks. Perhaps I'm too paranoid.

Walter..

Last edited:

Walter..

Yeah I agree. definitely way better then the 2011, those were trash.

Walter..
NO. The 2005 material is different from the OG, but they're both very nice (I can't keep my Nubuck/Durabuck straight so I don't even try). The 2011's are a whole different kind of buck. It's really bad. I just bought my third pair of 05's a few months ago. NDS with no glue separation. I bought some OG's last year that were also NDS, they were perfectly wearable just too small unfortunately. If you're worried about buying old sneakers then wait for another retro. The 2011's are an abomination. The last red/white joints had a lot of paint issues as I recall but I'd wear those before the 2011 Last Shots...

NO. The 2005 material is different from the OG, but they're both very nice (I can't keep my Nubuck/Durabuck straight so I don't even try). The 2011's are a whole different kind of buck. It's really bad. I just bought my third pair of 05's a few months ago. NDS with no glue separation. I bought some OG's last year that were also NDS, they were perfectly wearable just too small unfortunately. If you're worried about buying old sneakers then wait for another retro. The 2011's are an abomination. The last red/white joints had a lot of paint issues as I recall but I'd wear those before the 2011 Last Shots...
I agree, 2011 was straight garbo. I wouldn't buy them. My 2005 last shots are still holding up very well. The OG 14s used to separate fairly easy but my 05s have no separation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom