Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

What did I just read? Sak, you need another coffee today

Grape 5 is an OG, Lifestyle didn't come into existence until much later
NA is already on the Maroon 6
JB has made no announcement of any kind concerning a pattern of which colorways get released first
I didn't say the Grape weren't an OG colorway (though it can be implied that it sounded like I did), second, why would JB do the Infrared, Black Infrared, and other original colorway 6s again if they already release about a year of 2 ago, and third you know they're going to do the original colorways first then probably do the lifestyle (Maroon 6s, White Cement 4s, and Black Metallic 5s are a testament they are doing original colorways first).

I didn't say the Grape weren't an OG colorway (though it can be implied that it sounded like I did), second, why would JB do the Infrared, Black Infrared, and other original colorway 6s again if they already release about a year of 2 ago, and third you know they're going to do the original colorways first then probably do the lifestyle (Maroon 6s, White Cement 4s, and Black Metallic 5s are a testament they are doing original colorways first).
your point still doesn't make sense. What lifestyle colorways are you talking about? I didn't mention anything about lifestyle in my original post you were responding to. If you are referring to the grape 5ss,they were only labeled lifestyle in 2006 to justify residing the price. If you aren't then what are you talking about?

Last edited:
I think what Sak is referring to by lifestyle is any OG colorway that wasn't a bulls color i.e. True blue 3's, military blue 4's, Grape 5's. Though the lifestyle badge wasn't placed on Air Jordan's till much later, they can definitely be associated under LS colorways...

But they used to be called the "summer" colorways back in the day...

they gotta be trolling, og shapes are right in front of their faces and they still give us shot 
mean.gif

your point still doesn't make sense. What lifestyle colorways are you talking about? I didn't mention anything about lifestyle in my original post you were responding to. If you are referring to the grape 5ss,they were only labeled lifestyle in 2006 to justify residing the price. If you aren't then what are you talking about?
JB does only release 2 of reach of colorway of 3-5 with the Nike air. All this hype around the white cements, Bred 4s and metallics makes you forget about shoes like the true blues, white Infrareds and grape 5s. Nike air versions of those would be nice. It's be even nicer if the white Infrareds and fire red 5s(black tongue) sat like their previous releases out where easier to get
I was just stating the reason why you probably won't see the True Blue 3s with NA on them for some time (because they're in the vault), The White Infrareds won't have NA for a while (because they just released in 2014), Grape 5s won't have NA for a while (because they released in 2013).  Trust me those colorways won't be forgotten but it will be a while before they have NA on them.  JB is doing colorways like the Maroon 6s (first time they been released since 1991, an original colorway), Black Metallic 5s (have not been released since 2011, original colorway), and Cement 4s (was released in 2012 but JB is "trying" to give us an "original version" of one of the most popular colorways of the 4).  

I really wonder when the breaking point for retros is going to be.. $220 for a half-***ed pair of 4s is insane. How can they miss such significant details like the tongue length and still increase the price like this?

Something tells me they are going to hit a price ceiling soon enough, esp since most $190 GR pairs released this year can either be found close to retail or even under.
i think they are already hitting the price ceiling at $220 and these three shoes that are marked $220 will be a test for their future pricing. Nike has all the OG and retro samples etc in their storage/vault at their disposal. if there's added cost for revamping the mold to cut the leather, i'm fine with that and knowing how much shoes they can produce the cost to do the molds is relatively low. The Maroon 6, there should not have been a $30 jump from the $190 let along a $35 jump from the blk/infrared and $50 jump from the wht/infrared. The "jumpman" vs "nike air" on the heel is just a few key stroke on the computer. There is literarly no cost difference between these and the 7s, the 4s, and 10s with leather that came out this "remastered" year. All these after they already said $190 is because we will be remastering the shoes to give you better leather and better construction. The extra $30 is just a slap in the face for the consumer. would i still buy if they are a cw i covet for? maybe and that's a huge maybe. just my 2 cent.

Last edited:
i think they are already hitting the price ceiling at $220 and these three shoes that are marked $220 will be a test for their future pricing. Nike has all the OG and retro samples etc in their storage/vault at their disposal. if there's added cost for revamping the mold to cut the leather, i'm fine with that and knowing how much shoes they can produce the cost to do the molds is relatively low. The Maroon 6, there should not have been a $30 jump from the $190 let along a $35 jump from the blk/infrared and $50 jump from the wht/infrared. The "jumpman" vs "nike air" on the heel is just a few key stroke on the computer. There is literarly no cost difference between these and the 7s, the 4s, and 10s with leather that came out this "remastered" year. All these after they already said $190 is because we will be remastering the shoes to give you better leather and better construction. The extra $30 is just a slap in the face for the consumer. would i still buy if they are a cw i covet for? maybe and that's a huge maybe. just my 2 cent.
it's even more messed up now that they said something about the Nike air as if it wasn't on the OG 1s and 7s this year. I'm pretty sure if the Cardinals, Olympic 7s, Charcoal 7s, playoff 8s and the OG 10s came out with Nike air, even if it Just the insole, they will be $190 like everything else.

Last edited:
I had to do some digging, but I found this post to be very nostalgic.

7.5 years ago I did a rant post because I was sick of Jordan making stupid/slight changes to Retros to preserve the OG status.
While it was poorly thought through and written, I did make some good points about the return of Nike Air.

7 years later and we're still wondering why they couldn't get the Retros to be exactly like the OG's...

Oh well - Humble brag or just a trip down memory lane: Check out the below post.

http://niketalk.com/t/78858/jordan-brand-is-full-of-it

JB took away the nike air so they could commodify it later. Its brilliant seeing as how everyone goes crazy over nike air now. If they never took it off in the fist place, nike air retros wouldn't be anything to make noise over. Color and or shape would be the only thing left to be desired. 

JB took away the nike air so they could commodify it later. Its brilliant seeing as how everyone goes crazy over nike air now. If they never took it off in the fist place, nike air retros wouldn't be anything to make noise over. Color and or shape would be the only thing left to be desired. 
actually they started using jumpman instead of Nike to build the Jordan Brand image. 

That's what they told you but I'm sure that's a front. They are not stupid nor are they out of touch, they know damn well how coveted the Nike air was. There has been petitions for years and they know that nike air retros sold for grip. All companies have to come up with marketing ploys and strategies to ensure longevity, JB isn't exempt from this, they have a department especially for deciding things like this. Jordan Brand started in 97-98 but the Nike air stopped in 2002. Never believe everything they tell you. Even if what I've said is only "speculation" it's an obvious truth they aren't going to say directly. That would be admitting to playing customers for years
actually they started using jumpman instead of Nike to build the Jordan Brand image. 

Last edited:
That's what they told you but I'm sure that's a front. They are not stupid nor are they out of touch, they know damn well how coveted the Nike air was. There has been petitions for years and they know that nike air retros sold for grip. All companies have to come up with marketing ploys and strategies to ensure longevity, JB isn't exempt from this, they have a department especially for deciding things like this. Jordan Brand started in 97-98 but the Nike air stopped in 2002. Never believe everything they tell you. Even if what I've said is only "speculation" it's an obvious truth they aren't going to say directly. That would be admitting to playing customers for years
other than the retros the Nike Air has been long gone since the introduction of Jordan Brand as separate entity. they've had retro + cw that already features the jumpman by 2002. the decision was made to go all jumpman logo to build the brand and there were more people liking the idea than against it nor was it a big deal to have "nike air" back then because back then the new Air Jordan each year still has more buyer. only in recent years more and more people started complaining and most of them are truthfully ones that never had a chance to buy the original or first retros. all because the OGs or the early retros with "nike air" are all falling apart now. 

not saying you are wrong, but you are definitely right about one thing, it is "marketing" now to bring back the "nike air" and charge $30 more.

Last edited:
Considering how big the Jumpman and Jordan was as a whole, I don't think "Nike Air" branding was ever something the consumer was concerned about 13-14 years ago. The shoes sold themselves. The Jumpman had been around, had been on shoes. I would definitely believe they wanted to create a Jordan brand viewed separate from Nike similar to how WWE wanted to make their second show "Smackdown" a separate brand from Raw rather than have both shows operate under the WWE umbrella, if that makes sense.
I had to do some digging, but I found this post to be very nostalgic.

7.5 years ago I did a rant post because I was sick of Jordan making stupid/slight changes to Retros to preserve the OG status.
While it was poorly thought through and written, I did make some good points about the return of Nike Air.

7 years later and we're still wondering why they couldn't get the Retros to be exactly like the OG's...

Oh well - Humble brag or just a trip down memory lane: Check out the below post.

http://niketalk.com/t/78858/jordan-brand-is-full-of-it
You pretty much predicted the remastered program. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Considering how big the Jumpman and Jordan was as a whole, I don't think "Nike Air" branding was ever something the consumer was concerned about 13-14 years ago. The shoes sold themselves. The Jumpman had been around, had been on shoes. I would definitely believe they wanted to create a Jordan brand viewed separate from Nike similar to how WWE wanted to make their second show "Smackdown" a separate brand from Raw rather than have both shows operate under the WWE umbrella, if that makes sense.
That goes to show that JB lowered the quality of the products enough that people actually sought after the OGs and early retros more... Pretty bizarre if you think about it.

That goes to show that JB lowered the quality of the products enough that people actually sought after the OGs and early retros more... Pretty bizarre if you think about it.
i think it has a lot to do with a new generation of "sneakerheads". all these raffle & online raffle non-sense only started after the 2009 space jams. i don't think before that release i've ever had problem going up to ndc in the afternoon on release date to get my shoes. it's all down hill after that imo. it was the same time i was like "f it, i am not gonna lose sleep over shoes".

i rather they start to retro the 15+ line. tbh. i barely get any chance to wear my wht/infrared 6 and haven't even wore the blk/infrared 6 yet. lol

Back
Top Bottom