Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The ivs: Theres is less cushioning in some....more cushion in the + colorways diferent sized insoles...seems like if its an original color lets see how cheap we can make it because ppl will buy them anyways. Vs I wouldnt know I bought only the metallics in 2011... and the vis from 2014...lol...I wouldnt know either

Last edited:
flightalite flightalite what non OG color of the 4s dropped in 2012? the thunders? what shoes are you even talking about? you seem to be making generalized statements based on your own personal experience with one sneaker and it's really starting to clog things up lol. every shoe is gonna have small differences

Last edited:
These small differences your speaking of are very noticable in this new age of sneakers....when in the past ...it wasnt noticable at all or barely

Last edited:
my challenge to you is to find somebody who thinks any newer retro looks better then any OG shoe lol.
see no one said that. You mentioned the cut of shoes and they're now ugly. I just think there's a small chance that these shoes progress over time. I think to produce exact copies of these shoes would actually be pretty expensive at this point because they would have to try harder to replicate what was done 25+ yrs ago.

MORE EXPENSIVE? AHHH SO THIS IS HOW I OFFICIALLY STOP BUYING KICKS...

my challenge to you is to find somebody who thinks any newer retro looks better then any OG shoe lol.
see no one said that. You mentioned the cut of shoes and they're now ugly. I just think there's a small chance that these shoes progress over time. I think to produce exact copies of these shoes would actually be pretty expensive at this point because they would have to try harder to replicate what was done 25+ yrs ago.

The dude that helped with the Ewing's already posted in this thread that is not the case.

It is all about quality control. JB can send the factories OGs, and they take the shoe apart piece by piece. The tried to recreate the mold. JB keeps checking until they get it right or come damn close.

It is process that sounds like it takes a lot of time more than anything

These small differences your speaking of are very noticable in this new age of sneakers....when in the past ...it wasnt noticable at all or barely

bro you said something like the insole was bigger then on the other 4s which is a pretty insignificant difference and might be unique to your pair. you're making sound like the shoe is significantly different

the shape of retros nowadays is ugly, otherwise we wouldn't be having these debates over the shape of the shoe. there are differences between shoes like 01 3s, 99 4s and their OG shoe but the shoes still looked good so it's not a big deal.

and obviously the shape of the shoes has progressed over time. the question is why. like somebody else mentioned Ewing and Reebok do it no problem

Changes of insoles and less padding or cushion in the sockliner does make the shoe significantly different. Military ivs in a size 10.5 look completely different on foot compared to a size 10.5 black cement...militarys look decent the midsole looks a little chunky tho as opposed to the black cements, they look like baby shoes on me...as if I needed the sz 11.5....thats a whole size difference....I dont recall any shoe that released the same year that had a whole size difference

Nike has been doing this also with their flight 89s from 12 and 13 but not as dramatic lol....the white and red from sept 12 were real comfortable...the cool grey also from 2012 was a little less and the all black sandpaper nubuck from 13 was terrible...insoles and sockliner was almost non existant. They were easily one of the most uncomfortable shoes ive ever tried on

Now JB want's to come with "premium materials" wtf were we dropping 170, 185 and 225 exc... for?  Just another way to justify the next price increase. Can not front, I will be the 1st to cop tho.

Changes of insoles and less padding or cushion in the sockliner does make the shoe significantly different. Military ivs in a size 10.5 look completely different on foot compared to a size 10.5 black cement...militarys look decent the midsole looks a little chunky tho as opposed to the black cements, they look like baby shoes on me...as if I needed the sz 11.5....thats a whole size difference....I dont recall any shoe that released the same year that had a whole size difference

lol yeah you've lost me completely

remastered = average quality for the price 
laugh.gif

Nike is no longer paying indonesian kids 20 dollars a month to make our shoes anymore.....quality will never go back to its original foundation. "Close"...... but no cigar

Now JB want's to come with "premium materials" wtf were we dropping 170, 185 and 225 exc... for?  Just another way to justify the next price increase. Can not front, I will be the 1st to cop tho.

They saw the 3lab guys sellin every pair at their outlandish prices. Looks like they could of just martyrs to test the market for a JB price increase.

Last edited:
The og retro + black cool grey iv was ill. The leather was dope.

Didnt sell that well.

Got mine for 89 a few months later

Most comfortable iv i ever had

The og retro + black cool grey iv was ill. The leather was dope.

Didnt sell that well.

Got mine for 89 a few months later

Most comfortable iv i ever had

Honestly, which jordan wasn't available for a good price back in the day? :lol:

Right? I started buying Jordans in 2001. So at that point... all I had really missed in terms of retros were the 4s, 5s, infrared 6s, concords, columbias, and spacejams. I remember going on eBay and looking for 5s and 11s around 2003 and they were like $250-300. I was appalled :lol: Ended up getting both pairs of 5s for about $250 each and feeling disgusted with myself for paying that much.

Still, that was like 3-4 years of those appreciating in value and they were only going for a little more than $100 over retail. Now you have some kicks commanding those $100 resale premium markups, or even way more than that, the same day they release. It really shows how demand is at an all time high and people have realized you can make money off of this. I truly believe that when Jordans first started retroing there were very few people "reselling" for money. I'd say most eBay auctions from like 1999-2003 were just collectors unloading some of their multiples. Because there really was no incentive to be loading up on multiples of Jordans unless you were a collector back then, or, had incredible foresight into future demand. But the big thing back then when there were only a few retro releases each year was that if you loved the shoe you bought multiples because you didn't know if they'd ever come out again. Today if you miss a retro you can just wait for it to release a couple years (or months in some cases) later.

Last edited:

if you wanna talk really really really back in the day when the jordan retro 1, 2, and 3 were first retroed they could all be had for 29.99 to 39.99 in places like big 5 and copeland sports

i have witnessed kids make fun of others for wearing them cuz they werent the current jordans at that time.

my have times changed

Back
Top Bottom