Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

chief keef said it best: "if MJ bring the same shoes out im still coppin them *****"

xD

JBs core customers don't know what on OG mold looks like. Hell I had em and don't remember what they looked like exactly because I wore every last pair of them out. I never collected sneakers in the sense they were preserved in my closet so I don't even have reference materials. The only way they can possibly get my money would be to put NA on some IIIs IVs or VIs.

So in the mean time we get a years worth of product that jb has acknowledged as sub standard? A product so bad they feel the need to overhaul the whole line abd give us the "remastered" version... haha doesn't really motivate me to wanna purchase their product. Why should I wanna cop infrareds, sports blues, columbias when jb knows they could be better... think we should get reduced prices to justify a increased til they release remastered

JB knows they will all sell out, especially the Columbias, so why not

JBs core customers don't know what on OG mold looks like. Hell I had em and don't remember what they looked like exactly because I wore every last pair of them out. I never collected sneakers in the sense they were preserved in my closet so I don't even have reference materials. The only way they can possibly get my money would be to put NA on some IIIs IVs or VIs.
This is very true. And to be honest some of the retro molds look better to me because they are less bulky looking. As far as the Nike Air on the back, I really dont care because I remember back in the days everybody wanted more JumpMan branded clothes/shoes. But I will say the leather on those those Columbia 4's they posted is a thing of beauty. Still not copping any of this if it requires extraordinary measures. 

I think the bubble is about to burst done Spring 15'

I'm thinking because of the implantation of "quality " materials JB won't produce as many shoes .Taking a quality over quantity stand that with another price increase will alienate more consumers . Everything will be "limited" compared to whats being produced now .

:smh:

A lot of good comments in here. Been contemplating buying some NKE stock for a while and probably will pull the trigger now. It makes me sick to think what I would have over the years if I would have bought a few shares instead of all these trash retros 
mean.gif

retros have a set life span. once theyve all been done then what? well heres the answer. you redo all of them with a new gimmick to give people a reason to buy them. pretty smart  plan

Nike/JB just giving reasons to continue to raise the price, :smh:

Those citing inflation, there really is no additional cost on the back end aside from production. No R&D or marketing for Retro's. Retro marketing is all driven by internet message boards and social media. Have you guys seen an ad for retro's? Nope.

The formula for retro's is pretty easy. Handful of OG colorways to bait the crowd and hook them on new (Retro +) colorways.

It's one thing for JB to justify their price, it's in their right as a private and profitable company. It's sad when the fanboys try to justify it when they get no benefits from the profits. :lol:

Don't know, I'm on the fence, would love to try and get my hands on a pair or two, but I have no energy for the process of attaining a sneaker. It isn't even about the cost, it's about the time. The time and money to get a pair of Jordan's = not worth it, IMO.

Capitalizing by selling some of my collection, :smokin

Also, it's easier buying OG's and Retro's (Pre 2006), than it is getting new releases :wink:

Those citing inflation, there really is no additional cost on the back end aside from production. No R&D or marketing for Retro's. Retro marketing is all driven by internet message boards and social media. Have you guys seen an ad for retro's? Nope.

This is a good point, at the same time, while nike likes to make it seem like their goal is a more advanced product, I think the goal of their R&D is a more efficient manufacturing process.  I think Fuse cuts down on waste, as you can only be so efficient with a sheet of leather.  It is very true that we are all a part of Nike's marketing machine, and are paying for the privilege.

Its nice to hear it, now let us see it. Gimme the right molds and materials and I'll pay $200. If not, Columbias will be my last pairs.

can jb remaster these???? they did it last time they came out which was over a decade, but then we get chicagoes after 2 years?!?!?! where's the sense in this??????????????

that's for damn sure

and I'd much rather pay 300 for a shoe that came out in 2006 then one that came out last week

I started doing this yearsss ago once I saw where quality was headed. I was getting steal after steal on DS pairs on ebay while everybody was schleep. A lot harder to find older stuff now because either sellers got hip or there just isn't a lot of older stuff left. Depending on your size of course.

Last edited:
we are looking at 190-210 for better quality..... count me in

jordans price controversy has been like that since the start...

alot of releases i double up anyhow (wc3 88, bred 1 ,royal 1, etc etc)

if the quality is there..ill pay for it..no qualms on my behalf..im here for it 

Nike/JB has been super slick with the way they've increased retro prices and used the limited release strategy to create hype to sell their shoes. I don't think the strategy can last long-term if they hope to continue the brand and be successful the way they have in the last 10-15 years (with retros). It alienates long time customers like me (and the rest of you) to know you have to go through all sorts of crap (waking up in the morning to click "Buy" on NDC, or waiting in line) to purchase that one shoe that you want. That's not good business, once customers grow older and mature (which most will), they will not want to go through the BS to purchase kicks.

A pair of Jordan XI retros were 125 back in 00-01. Now, they're 185. In the past 15 years, I don't believe currency has inflated that much to justify that price increase. If people remember when the Jordan 17s came out, there was lots of jaws dropping b/c they were $200, but at least it came with a nice case. Now, everything that consumers would want the most cost at least $200 (LeBrons, etc.)- heck, those Champagne/Cigar VIs or w/e, $250?!? That is just ridiculous, and it's even more absurd that they will probably sell out just on hype alone. It's working in the short-term but I can't see it continuing long-term if JB wants to remain successful.

I started doing this yearsss ago once I saw where quality was headed. I was getting steal after steal on DS pairs on ebay while everybody was schleep. A lot harder to find older stuff now because either sellers got hip or there just isn't a lot of older stuff left. Depending on your size of course.

indeed I've had a lot of come ups this way

they put out so many retros now that you can find older pairs for steals especially after a newer version has come out. the majority of dudes nowadays don't really care to look for older pairs (might even be scared they're fake since they look different from the current pair lol), but your right some sellers have gotten hip to it and put stuff like "WAY BETTER QUALITY THEN THE RECENT RETRO"

Really outside of DMP 6-11, white tour 4s, blk/carb 5s, '06 quality wasnt about nothing either.

I have/had majority retros from this year, but comparing some I got from '06 to current ,honestly there really isnt that big of a difference.

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/air-jordan-release-dates/2006-air-jordan-release-dates/

Imo '05 was the last time quality was affiliated with Brand J., like I said some quality in '06, but overall mars 4s and sneaks like that is when they got cheap with material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom