Jordan Brands own Gentry interviewed by Sneaker Father (future info and facts)

2010 looks like it's going to be a great year for JB retros. 6's are my second favorite Jordan. I'll probably get most of the CW's. On theother hand, I could also use some more 13's

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

so once again it has been stated that the true blues are an international release only !!!!!!!!! but do you think the knuckleneads in the true blue thread believe that ? NNNOOOOOOOOO
there have been quite a few international releases that ended up in the states due to the shoes not selling out internationally.

"There's going to be a lot of colours dropping, which should be very interesting. I just think we have to be very smartin how we mix it so that we don't get into an area where we drop too many colours and we lose some of that love affair with what that shoe is allabout. There's one colourway that we have planned, it's really pretty sweet. It's just a black-white version."
Just thought this was funny!!!!!!!!! wonder when they are going to realize they lost the love affair with the 1????

So we're getting more VI's next year huh? Sounds good but the problem is that the quality is usually piss poor...like most retros seem to be...

Gentry is a good businessman but he finds ways to evade the tougher questions which is why I do think that the questions are pre-screened like mentioned above.I don't know..more and more..I'm starting to drift away from the brand...

...retros drive that company and they know it. Just wish that they had more respect for the people who have been loyal customers from the beginning.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jbirdz23

you know i have a feeling that its not that people dont have the balls to ask him what we all want to know.I think the questions for anyone interviewing Gentry are pre screened so that u cant catch him off guard?You guys think they would just let a sneaker head interview him freely nooo way!!!
indifferent.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Shouldve asked why varsity red instead of infrared 6's.

I still don't understand his thought process. He says the US makes up 90% of sales yet they make the TB III's an international release.

Originally Posted by Trav T

Gentry can take his international release shoes, turn them sideways, and shove them up his candy...

flg07k.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

gentry needs to check into the smackdown hotel for some of the decisions he makes lol

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Nobody has the balls to ask Gentry about the decline in quality and increase in prices.

What's lil Gentry gonna do? kill you?
qft

Since the true blue IIIs are international exclusive release, then it won't come to the U.S. Good thing, I have a pair.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Nobody has the balls to ask Gentry about the decline in quality and increase in prices.

What's lil Gentry gonna do? kill you?

i wish someone would do this

yadude318 you should be able to find the secret closet footage on youtube, i saw it there a couple of years ago, it was from the sneaker show bobito had onespn a few years back. if im not mistaken. if i am im positive someone will correct me

Originally Posted by SHORTYtwo3

I still don't understand his thought process. He says the US makes up 90% of sales yet they make the TB III's an international release.
/thread.

The man has love for Jordan and its history, and hes doing his best to preserve it...but at the same time he OKs the releases of Fusions.

Says 90% of sales are from the US so why not make a shoe that would be both available in the USA AND INTERNATIONALLY.

He says Fusions will slowly help the younger generation appeal to Jordan Brand...why not release Retros or continue to make Retro + colorways and still havethat appeal to the younger generation?

Why appeal to little kids when your company appealed to Adults in the first place?

Sometimes i just dont get it...Jordan Brand still makin bread, but in the wrong way.

I'm not a fan of Fusions but in a business stand point they are doing a good job. They market these shoes to the younger crowd and these kids are justlooking for something that looks "hot".

As for just releasing retros and + colorways the brand will run out of color schemes eventually. RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-Retros will just kill it for everyone. How manytimes can you actually keep Re-Releasing a certain shoe without people getting sick of it? They have to move towards a new direction and Fusions are doingwell. I see kids with Fusions everywhere. Personally I do not like Fusions if JB was to just release the retros I want I would stop buying shoes a long timeago. Just be patience your favorite pair will get schedule to come out and just appreciate it when it does.

regardless of shape, quality, etc., I am glad to see that all the shoes that were deemed a possibility for being in the CDPs are being released this year andnext.

the more I read what this fool says the more I hate him. I shall continue my boycott of JB. thanks for sharing though!

releasing the tb3's internationally makes more sense now. he is trying to grow the brand outside of the US and to show his dedication to that strategy,thus he only released the tb3's internationally only. sure it sucks for us here, but for years JB has ignored non-us countries. so in essence, we now feelwhat sneaker heads from other countries have been feeling. a strong sense of abandonment and just like international collectors, we can pay a premium to getthe tb3 if we really want it. yeah it sucks, but it really is a smart move on his part. european heads are happy and though US heads are slightlydis-enchanted, his probably achieved his goal of appeasing his target market. oh well, guess i'll have to pay $250+ for my pair.....que cera cera.

Thanks for posting. its good to hear there will be no all white J's that was a BAD idea
sick.gif

Originally Posted by greyson23

releasing the tb3's internationally makes more sense now. he is trying to grow the brand outside of the US and to show his dedication to that strategy, thus he only released the tb3's internationally only. sure it sucks for us here, but for years JB has ignored non-us countries. so in essence, we now feel what sneaker heads from other countries have been feeling. a strong sense of abandonment and just like international collectors, we can pay a premium to get the tb3 if we really want it. yeah it sucks, but it really is a smart move on his part. european heads are happy and though US heads are slightly dis-enchanted, his probably achieved his goal of appeasing his target market. oh well, guess i'll have to pay $250+ for my pair.....que cera cera.
So why couldnt they make it a BOTH US AND INTERNATIONALLY? Its a very damn good move by Gentry, but he picks TB3s and we get a Surpluss of 1s. Why not start them off slowly with our !@@$!@ releases? I dont mean to seem sour but couldnt they have released the TB3s BOTH IN THE US AND INTERNATIONALLY?

He even admits that 90% of profits come from the US, so why get that 10% overseas? Why not release em both?

He contradicts himself soo much its annoying...

Originally Posted by koncrete kickz

yadude318 you should be able to find the secret closet footage on youtube, i saw it there a couple of years ago, it was from the sneaker show bobito had on espn a few years back. if im not mistaken. if i am im positive someone will correct me

thx ^^^^

Back
Top Bottom