Jordan Cancer National Awareness Weekend Collabo

not that exciting of a collabo but still a good cause...
http://guhoyas.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020108aaf.html
1708406.jpeg

Lets us embrace this day and age of hype-beast Jordan shoes. It did not destroy the game (I speak for who but me) it merely changed it. So I'm definitelycopping 2 pairs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

I like 'em.

Looks like something a nurse would be able to wear, as well.

Something that dirty nurse will wear on the movie set.....
roll.gif

I'm sorry, even if it is for a good cause, I can't mess with em. Looks like some old cleaning lady shoes.
sick.gif

I lost an aunt to that effing decease so I would buy a pair for my mom in my aunts memory. Since my mom is a nurse, see would wear extra proudly.

great cause!! weak shoes! The II's black/green/yellow on the other hand, great cause/great shoes!

happy.gif

but dang cant they make a good shoe like what they did with those twos!!!!! weak!! but its for a good cause

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Nothing in the article speaks of the shoes. Will the coaches wear them?
John Thompson III, the head coach of Georgetown, wore them today in the game against Seton Hall and they didn't look bad on his feet.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Nothing in the article speaks of the shoes. Will the coaches wear them?
From the article...

Participating NABC member coaches and coaching staff will wear sneakers instead of dress shoes with their usual game attire during weekend games to show support for the American Cancer Society and the fight against cancer.

Thompson will be wearing a pair of specially-designed Jordan sneakers.

By wearing sneakers with their suits, participating coaches are drawing attention to the fact that while cancer remains a major health concern, there are steps we can all take each day to reduce our risk: for those who don't smoke, weight control, exercise and a healthy diet are the best ways to improve health and reduce cancer risk. Obesity has been shown to increase the risk for many forms of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colon cancers, and may account for 20% of cancer deaths in women and 14% in men. But according to a 2006 survey, more than 80% of people know about the link between overweight and heart disease, while only 8% understand the fact that excess weight is tied so strongly to cancer risk. Overweight and obesity are of particular concern in minority populations, with higher rates of both reported for Hispanic men and women and African American women than for non-Hispanic white adults.

Funny that john thompson III was the only coach to wear these. i guess Jb couldn't spring for the rest of the coaching staff to have a pair...hahaha

Back
Top Bottom