Jordan CP3 VII

Yeah, when I go to an outlet, I always get that mentality.  "You drove this far, you are NOT leaving here without SOMETHING in your hands"

Truth.

I'm still months away from hitting the court, but I've been wearing these around and I absolutely love them. Just not the same glue-like traction as the VI.

Yeah, they got a little too cute with the outsole on these.  The VI was herringbone for days.

But I asked a fellow hooper at the gym about it and he said it's fine, and he's coming from Kobe VIII's.  I play where he plays, so shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, they got a little too cute with the outsole on these.  The VI was herringbone for days.

But I asked a fellow hooper at the gym about it and he said it's fine, and he's coming from Kobe VIII's.  I play where he plays, so shouldn't be a problem.
I can attest for the traction as well -- especially since I was a little skeptical.

I too came from the Kobe 8s and was very pleased with the traction on these cp3.viis.  Way exceeded my expectations

So from those of you coming from kobe 8, what are the major differences and which do you like more?

Higher but firmer cushioning, more responsive - less cush. Traction to me is a little better on the Kobe but the CP3 is right behind it. The CP upper is less forgiving and keeps me more contained.

That's the one thing about the Kobe VIII's, besides the lunarlon bottoming out.  That mesh upper.  I haven't noticed anything yet and haven't played in them extensively yet, but it's not your typical upper for a bball shoe.

I don't have the best knees in the world and the kobe 8 makes me feel that haha so I guess the cp3 would be a no go. And duke you the same guy on *************?

Kinda wish there was a comfy lowtop with forefoot and heel zoom..and maybe lunarlon/cushlon

Fuzon - yeah, that's me. I have been here since 2001 but list my screen name when they reset a couple years ago. I figure your knees will probably feel better in the CP - soft lunar is not what I prescribe for impact. I actually like the stiffer foams for that.

So from those of you coming from kobe 8, what are the major differences and which do you like more?
I'd give almost the exact same feedback as Duke40.  Just wanted to share for another perspective

I'd say the big kicker on the cp3s is the cushion... that met zoom bag works so well with the cushlon.  It's nice and responsive and will give you more impact protection that the Kobe 8.  Though there is no heel zoom, the CP3 feels great in the heel to me personally.

The two shoes are pretty close for me -- I love the court feel, freedom and fit you get from the Kobe a little bit more -- but the CP3 isn't far behind and definitely gives you more spring into each movement.

This probably goes without saying but the CP3s play much better with a good break-in.

Last edited:
Was able to try them on in and woah the fit is unreal, initial thought was tough to get my foot in compared to the kobe but once in I felt secure. Def like the weight and structure, ordered the Christmas ones I'll have to wait for the blue suedes to go on sale for those ^.^

Was able to try them on in and woah the fit is unreal, initial thought was tough to get my foot in compared to the kobe but once in I felt secure. Def like the weight and structure, ordered the Christmas ones I'll have to wait for the blue suedes to go on sale for those ^.^

The achilles pillow is nice too.

What's up fellas new to the thread, after going thru 2 pairs of kobe 8s in about 8 months hooping I think it's time for a change, read a few pages back and seen enough good, just placed a phone order for the christmas pair from a NT, really looking forward to putting in some work in them :smokin

I'd give almost the exact same feedback as Duke40.  Just wanted to share for another perspective

I'd say the big kicker on the cp3s is the cushion... that met zoom bag works so well with the cushlon.  It's nice and responsive and will give you more impact protection that the Kobe 8.  Though there is no heel zoom, the CP3 feels great in the heel to me personally.

The two shoes are pretty close for me -- I love the court feel, freedom and fit you get from the Kobe a little bit more -- but the CP3 isn't far behind and definitely gives you more spring into each movement.

This probably goes without saying but the CP3s play much better with a good break-in.
Thanks for the details.  Gives me a better idea of what to expect.

I don't mind other cushioning systems besides zoom.  Before I was all about zoom.  No zoom, no buy.  Now my ideal rotation would include at least one really good foam based shoe, and one really good air based shoe.  I don't like playing in air based shoes consecutively, sometimes a good foam is nice.

@DeezyVSOP2  I've been sort of torn between good foam and good air setups for the past year.  Really enjoying offerings from both types of setups and can't really say I prefer one over the other.

In my opinion, this cp3.vii is a good marriage of the two.  I must stress though that these do need some break-in.  They feel fine at first, but it takes a couple runs before they really feel good.

No problem for me.  I can't lie, I prefer shoes that are set to go from the beginning, but I also enjoy the experience of feeling how the shoe changes as you break them in.

Anyone make any Ids yet? Also is the patent leather actually leather or just plastic?

[ATTACHMENT=5482]image.jpg (332k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Might end up ordering these. When I heard the shoe was getting an argyle print option, I wanted to design an iD using it. Went with a LBJ 7 Red Carpet theme.

These PHX Suns ID's are pretty crazy. I might try to make and cop one on Nike ID. Why the hell these ID's still 170 when the shoe is only 124.

Yeah the iD price is a little steep... I'd be happy with 160
Yeah thats a nice price. The kobe 8's are 180 which is a 40 increase understandable. These are 46 increase. So I guess it's not much off. 6 more.

^Yep -- some dude posted pics of a sample pair that he got just like that.  Apparently that's the route they are taking with the AE

Nice glad the synthetic leather models are cheaper then ^.^ only diff I would see is containment, thicker tongue, and breath ability

Back
Top Bottom