Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

I secured my pair from Hibbett Sports, I had a $20.00 reward on my account and ended up paying $190 ($203 after taxes). Also, my pair is from the LN3 factory. Here are some photos of my pair and wanted to ask what some of you see with my pair:

4AF4552D-C899-48B7-8125-701A17DB23FE.jpeg

8BC6321E-FBE3-427D-91A6-E66ADC549AA5.jpeg
2FCD99EB-DB38-4B6B-9D15-6C2CF112D24A.jpeg
DFDDDD6A-08C1-4BFA-A58B-B219F49DE016.jpeg
0EABF5C3-C3E6-485E-BB2B-E72ACDD7DBFC.jpeg
CDA297CB-2B7C-420D-963F-7F40B2850704.jpeg

Yea AMM really needs to go in a different direction. Really, anything other than burgundy. The one time they released something in a different color scheme they literally added some writing on the tongue tag on a pair of airships and called it a day.

I’m all for subtle and clean but come on. The 1s, 4s, and the 12s could’ve easily been cooked up by the same designers they have churning out these 1 mids every other day.

All they’ve done on their shoes is replace white with Sail/aged look and added burgundy. Them white 12s are cherry 12s but swapped the red with burgundy and added a little suede :lol:

Y'all definitely gotta do your due diligence when copping these on Ebay cause some of them sellers are doing the switcheroo

I was stalking a pair but asked the seller for additional pics cause they only had two pics of one shoe which set off the spidey senses

20230312_224732.jpg

20230312_224711.jpg

The seller hits me back with the pic and says "here ya go" :

20230312_224647.jpg

I immediately had the weebay.gif face like oh that's how y'all playing huh

My only question is: which one of y'all is this? I just know it's an NT'er...Shame on you 🤣

Did you forget what you posted?
You said people that expected the shoes to look like the original worn shoe were crazy

So I pointed out that this reimagined 💩 Nike came up with wasn’t about recreating a worn shoe
Its supposed to recreate an old shoe that has some yellowing

No one is complaining about the yellowing
We want the elephant print height to be consistent and we want it to be like the original elephant print height was in 1988

Hope this helps 😉
Not my fight but, here goes lol........

Here's a few pics of the OG run...white cements in game on MJs feet, and on Mars Blackmon in the iconic "it gotta be the shoes" Nike advertisement, and the BC3s on MJs feet in game. Not drastically different but definitely, noticeably different. The 80s OG release was not this utopic run with perfect and uniform elephant print. Obviously we have a preferred look, give me thin with the right slope and light in color. But that's not the routine spec.

Screenshot_20230312_225353_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_225331_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_224916_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Y'all definitely gotta do your due diligence when copping these on Ebay cause some of them sellers are doing the switcheroo

I was stalking a pair but asked the seller for additional pics cause they only had two pics of one shoe which set off the spidey senses

20230312_224732.jpg

20230312_224711.jpg

The seller hits me back with the pic and says "here ya go" :

20230312_224647.jpg

I immediately had the weebay.gif face like oh that's how y'all playing huh

My only question is: which one of y'all is this? I just know it's an NT'er...Shame on you 🤣

Was looking up some in my size on the bay and noticed some sellers are only posting pics of one of the shoe. Guess they don't want to show the mismatched EP. :lol:

The whole collection is nice but the 3 is the only one they seemed to really put effort into making their own. I wish we had gotten at least one more colorway.

They gonna do a 13 one day and just take a bred 13 and swap the red for burgundy :lol:

Comparing MJ’s PE vs the general release of the original isn’t the same.

Example of that is MJ’s AJ 1 being a mid vs the OG release being a high. Or the Airship he wore being a PE with the AJ 1 tooling vs the general release having something completely different.

Did you forget what you posted?
You said people that expected the shoes to look like the original worn shoe were crazy

So I pointed out that this reimagined 💩 Nike came up with wasn’t about recreating a worn shoe
Its supposed to recreate an old shoe that has some yellowing

No one is complaining about the yellowing
We want the elephant print height to be consistent and we want it to be like the original elephant print height was in 1988

Hope this helps 😉
The original white cement 3 was not perfect either. You got what was in the Nike stock pic but still upset somehow.
How low is the cut of your elephant print that’s making you this mad?

Not my fight but, here goes lol........

Here's a few pics of the OG run...white cements in game on MJs feet, and on Mars Blackmon in the iconic "it gotta be the shoes" Nike advertisement, and the BC3s on MJs feet in game. Not drastically different but definitely, noticeably different. The 80s OG release was not this utopic run with perfect and uniform elephant print. Obviously we have a preferred look, give me thin with the right slope and light in color. But that's not the routine spec.

Screenshot_20230312_225353_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_225331_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230312_224916_Google.jpg
Looks like the elephant print on one of MJ shoes is higher than the other. LOL I hope people can just be quiet now.

I disagree
We weren’t comparing elephant print in ‘88

Every shoe isn’t going to have the same elephant print pattern but they should all have the same height
I posted a picture of a game worn pair about 30 pages back. I’m sure no one compared it in 1988, but it was still inconsistent. More than likely, these strips of leather were all cut by hand back then, most probably still are.

Prices are not going to drop on these, the drop happened early this morning where they fell under $300 (briefly). They are going to stay up, and climb steadily. Hype for shoes is still high.

That is why I asked how old you were, because you sound young and seem to think that pop culture was born with Instagram and Tik Tok.

The hype for shoes will fade with time it has happened before and it will happen again. It doesn't mean that older shoes will drop in price it just means that new releases will be easier to get until the hype picks up steam again.

Been through this before, the Nike SB silver box era, where SB's were impossible to find because every skate shop were backdooring their pairs. Then came the black/purple box era where you skate shops couldn't move those shoes.

The craziness of 2001-2007, the camp out era because there was no SNKRS app so if you didn't get them on NDC at midnight-- yeah they used to drop at midnight Eastern time (9PM PST), you had to take your L and go stand in line somewhere. Cool in the summer, terrible in the winter.

Everyone from the hood to the suburbs was there. It hasn't been a niche hobby since the 90's when the first batch of retro's sat on shelves and nobody cared. Good times.

Keep your receipts.
I don’t even know what this whole comments about because I told everyone if you’re going to buy you should buy now, because the prices are going to rise and then you repeated me by saying prices are not going to drop… So I don’t get your point

02A4C0E1-EE82-4931-AC84-0FAFCEC6A1FD.jpeg
Those kids camping out from 2001 to 2007 are probably an eighth of the people that are going for shoes now. The people that involve themselves in the sneaker culture have multiplied tenfold since 2007. Just because your friends, people you grew up around were involved in the sneaker culture doesn’t mean everyone else was. When I was in high school, I was the only kid in my school to have a sneaker collection and that was decades ago… nowadays it seems like everyone has a sneaker collection. You’re also describing the trend of different sneakers with that SB era, which was also an era wear sneakers were fetching 200-$300 on the aftermarket. Sneakers come out now and they’re already had $1000 sometimes, I don’t think this is slowing down

The original white cement 3 was not perfect either. You got what was in the Nike stock pic but still upset somehow.
How low is the cut of your elephant print that’s making you this mad?
You twisted my post

I never mentioned anything about the shoe being perfect
I used the word “consistent”
I hit SNKRS so I don’t even have my pair

You all over the place :lol::lol:
I want the low cut because MJ pair was low cut
You must like your elephant print high and thick like NT denim

Back
Top Bottom