Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

If I remember right, Gentry was the person that showed off some white gold and black Air Jordan Vs with Nike Air on its back, somewhere around 2005-2006? and he said or someone else said they were a special pair for some friend or family member's wedding. This was at a time where the last Jordan 3-6 retroes that had Nike Air on the back was from 1999, 2000, and 2001. I saw the picture was posted here on NT back in the ezboard days.

For him to get a custom made version of a Jordan V with Nike Air in 2005-2006 and then to not give that Nike Air treatment on the 3-6 from 2003-2012 to the rest of the public is sort of hypocritical or unfair.
I still remember that thread & the photo of that shoe, we was heated that it was possible for NA to return but that herb was gatekeeping & using bs excuses. F that guy for real

Just double checking that Gentry did not actually say he had an NT burner cuz im not gonna watch that YouTube video without a time stamp 👀

And that’s the stuff I’m talking about with the hate being so corny on things like that :lol:

I’m sure gentry chose the paint, density, how many layers, chemical makeup, etc :lol:
Of course he did because if it cracks prematurely then that's how we can tell the OGs from the retros.

And that’s the stuff I’m talking about with the hate being so corny on things like that :lol:

I’m sure gentry chose the paint, density, how many layers, chemical makeup, etc :lol:
As the head of the brand, he’s absolutely responsible for that. Mistakes happen and we can forgive one offs but the quality was trash across the board and there’s no reason to believe he wanted it any other way.

Well Jordan is Nike and Nike is about it's bottom dollar if that means cutting corners they gonna just do it
I see what you did there 🤣
As the head of the brand, he’s absolutely responsible for that. Mistakes happen and we can forgive one offs but the quality was trash across the board and there’s no reason to believe he wanted it any other way.
Let us tell it and quality is only moderately better now. If it were so bad and we still bought a pair then it's our fault for lliterally continuing to pay more for worse quality. Let's say Gentry did personally and intentionally pick sub par materials, approved terrible lasts that made for horrible shapes, and said let's raise the prices.....pairs still sold out relatively quickly and all of the flaws he personally and intentionally are responsible for are the very reasons we get hyped over realeses today. 🤷🏿‍♂️. Either way you spin it ,.....we did this 😂

Wait a minute…We’re going to give the guy at the head of Jordan Brand a pass because he didn’t make every single trash quality shoe that released personally? Who are we going to put the blame on then? The 12 year old that works in the damn sweatshop who stitched that cardboard together?

For real now…The guy who’s job it was to oversee the product that releases under the Jordan umbrella, who held that position at a time when the worst quality product the brand has ever put out was releasing, says he ~didn’t like the material usage either~ so it’s all good now…Nah…He can’t sit there and tell everybody to look at the good stuff that came out during his run then put the horrible stuff on the back of some mysterious somebody else…If he actually cared that the stuff he was in charge of seeing through to release was such crap then he certainly had the platform to try and change that…Instead he apparently felt the need to get an e-hug from the sneaker world for hurting his feelings by taking full credit for the good while deflecting in the bad…

Once again, Jordan product was on fire after those early retro’s dropped and ballooned Nike’s profits as a result…During the back half of Gentry’s first run they cut back on the material usage (Which is an understatement as to the quality of the crap that released) while throwing out price hikes…Earnings through the roof built off that good will built up with the consumers from those early good quality retro drops…Gentry himself made his fortune off of that **** product…Don’t kid yourself about that…Now he’s talking about getting his feelings hurt because the sneaker world talks **** about him? Yeah 👍

If he wasn’t the person to blame then maybe he can drop in with his NT burner to let us all know who was…That way we can shift focus to that person and give him that e-hug he apparently wants so badly…Otherwise that crap quality period of JB is absolutely his legacy to the sneaker world 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
/ˈkäɡnədiv ˈdisənəns/
noun PSYCHOLOGY
the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

superfly-martin.gif

😂

I’d love to see the NT heads of a billion dollar company tell the CEOs/CFOs “hey, I know we are making record amounts of money but let’s change the paint and materials used to a higher quality”. I’m sure they’d all be on board for that, ya know since they care about “da culture” (a small minority of their overall customer base complaining about quality) so much and people stopped buying because quality was so bad :lol: they’d say “that’s a great idea, work on designing and planning releases while we worry about materials”.

And yet we bought them then and here we are years later taking a magnifying glass to eBay listings to check elephant print because the quality overall is still trash :lol:

Last edited:
I’d love to see the NT heads of a billion dollar company tell the CEOs/CFOs “hey, I know we are making record amounts of money but let’s change the paint and materials used to a higher quality”. I’m sure they’d all be on board for that, ya know since they care about “da culture” so much and people stopped buying because quality was so bad :lol: they’d say “that’s a great idea, work on designing and planning releases while we worry about materials”

And yet we bought them then and here we are years later taking a magnifying glass to eBay listings to check elephant print because the quality overall is still trash :lol:

Isn’t that exactly what’s going on though? With the remaster / reimagined / ‘85 cut 1’s and such? To bring things closer to OG with better materials and molds to ensure the customer base is still willing to buy the product…Granted, it did take a competitor to make some retail gains to get them to make that move…Before that minor market blip they were totally content to keep releasing the same old trash…MSRP hikes notwithstanding of course…

But I digress…

This is exactly why his proclamation that he didn’t like the material usage, and implying that wasn’t on him, is so ridiculous…He was an NT’er (Self admitted), he was in that position…He cashed those fat Nike checks, knowing full well the product was subpar, then turned around to cry on DJ Clark Kent’s shoulder because the NT meanies called him names…

I’d give him some slack if he came outright and owned up to his cut of that heat, but he’s out here implying that he (The guy who was running the Jordan Brand ship at that time), didn’t have any fault in the quality of product that was releasing…

I’d love to see the NT heads of a billion dollar company tell the CEOs/CFOs “hey, I know we are making record amounts of money but let’s change the paint and materials used to a higher quality”. I’m sure they’d all be on board for that, ya know since they care about “da culture” (a small minority of their overall customer base complaining about quality) so much and people stopped buying because quality was so bad :lol: they’d say “that’s a great idea, work on designing and planning releases while we worry about materials”.

Facts. If we all sat out those releases in protest I'd understand. If we returned the shoes after inspecting them in hand I'd understand. If we blew up some other brand with better QC and execution I'd understand. But we bought the shoes. Rocked the shoes. And in some cases even proudly took pics of/in the shoes and shared them with the public. In no way am I saying it's okay for Nike to overcharge for lesser product. I'm not saying it because we already communicated that loud and clear when we bought the product anyway. We can complain, Nike should do better, but if we complain and still continue to buy we end up looking goofy 🤣

"Isn’t that exactly what’s going on though? With the remaster / reimagined / ‘85 cut 1’s and such? To bring things closer to OG with better materials and molds to ensure the customer base is still willing to buy the product…"
I think this is more marketing than responding to the demands of the consumer. Again, we still bought the shoes and have proven that we will always buy the shoes. I've never seen a classic release go on clearance because it wasn't executed the way we we wanted or QC was so bad. They always sell out eventually. Even B grades vanish from Nike stores with relative ease and often at retail or not far below. Can't really blame that one all on the resellers. Nike makes minor tweaks to justify buying the same shoe we already have and it works every time.

Also, I refuse to believe that it's too difficult for Nike to get the shape and materials on par. Especially not now.in this age. Maybe too expensive, maybe not worth the investment but, definitely not too difficult. If Nike wanted to do a 1 of 1 recreation of 88 3s or 89 4s they could do it. Even build it up over a few years while they get the tooling and materials right. Even charge a premium. But why do that when you can release versions of the same sneaker and make a killing?

Isn’t that exactly what’s going on though? With the remaster / reimagined / ‘85 cut 1’s and such? To bring things closer to OG with better materials and molds to ensure the customer base is still willing to buy the product…Granted, it did take a competitor to make some retail gains to get them to make that move…Before that minor market blip they were totally content to keep releasing the same old trash…MSRP hikes notwithstanding of course…

But I digress…

This is exactly why his proclamation that he didn’t like the material usage, and implying that wasn’t on him, is so ridiculous…He was an NT’er (Self admitted), he was in that position…He cashed those fat Nike checks, knowing full well the product was subpar, then turned around to cry on DJ Clark Kent’s shoulder because the NT meanies called him names…

I’d give him some slack if he came outright and owned up to his cut of that heat, but he’s out here implying that he (The guy who was running the Jordan Brand ship at that time), didn’t have any fault in the quality of product that was releasing…

Are these really THAT better in terms of quality and craftsmanship? Minus the paint not cracking on the midsoles what is better about these? Slightly better but still cheap leather?

Again, I’m sure he may have disagreed with the materials used but at the end of the day his job is to create sales and he didn’t fail in that regard.

Y’all gotta get it out of your head the NTers make up a vast majority of these companies customer base. If he was on NT so what? A few hundred people in a thread complain about quality on a product that sold out to the millions? These companies literally do not care enough about the “sneaker culture’s” opinion on quality because if we don’t buy them, the regular people that miss out and pay resell will. I’m sure their thought is If it ain’t broke, why fix it?

Like I said, dude had some awful ideas and released some crap there’s no defending that, but from a business perspective he was in that position for so long because the brand was successful. Whether he was cool with the materials used or not, I’m willing to bet even if he wanted to change them they weren’t willing to cut into their profits to do so

Could Nike get the shape and quality 100x better? Easily. But why? Because NT isn’t happy with them even though they sell out or come close nearly every release?

Facts. If we all sat out those releases in protest I'd understand. If we returned the shoes after inspecting them in hand I'd understand. If we blew up some other brand with better QC and execution I'd understand. But we bought the shoes. Rocked the shoes. And in some cases even proudly took pics of/in the shoes and shared them with the public. In no way am I saying it's okay for Nike to overcharge for lesser product. I'm not saying it because we already communicated that loud and clear when we bought the product anyway. We can complain, Nike should do better, but if we complain and still continue to buy we end up looking goofy 🤣

Exactly. Buying the product and complaining about the dude regarding quality is so hypocritical it’s hilarious and kept him in his position for years

Enjoy it while you can.

OG colorways, especially some of the big ones such as these, never stay there. We know that.

I mean if you go back and try to buy a pair 2 years later it's asinine to expect prices to be the same and you kind of can only blame yourself for that, at that point.

I mean if you go back and try to buy a pair 2 years later it's asinine to expect prices to be the same and you kind of can only blame yourself for that, at that point.
Son I’m #TeamRetail I could give a damb what resell value is now or in the future. I lowball resellers for fun on shoes I have no interest in really buying from a low life.

I was just stating that prices will change on these, as a warning to anyone who is willing to support resellers, that you should buy now or forever hold your peace.

Son I’m #TeamRetail I could give a damb what resell value is now or in the future. I lowball resellers for fun on shoes I have no interest in really buying from a low life.

I was just stating that prices will change on these, as a warning to anyone who is willing to support resellers, that you should buy now or forever hold your peace.

..........Ok?

Back
Top Bottom