Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

If you ever copped adidas Yeezys

IMG_9763.gif

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I'm curious as I was never on the Yeezy train and didn't follow any of it, really: Have those things basically fallen off completely? Now that you mention it, I definitely used to almost daily see loads of people of all ages wearing them, and now I can't think of the last time I saw someone rocking a pair. I know the Kanye/Adidas deal is over so there aren't any new releases, but it also seems like people who already have them aren't even wearing them anymore. Looks like a classic fad where for a good chunk of time something was mega popular but dies almost overnight and goes down as a cultural footnote, like Cabbage Patch Kids etc :lol:

The Nike Yeezys still pull in great money if they’re on good condition. The original adidas Yeezys (Turtle Doves, Moonrock, etc.) will still sell quite well but yeah all those endless colorways they made after that are basically a dime a dozen.

First of their kind in what way?

Never seen an SBxJordan4 before this. Haven't seen it since. Although I know they gonna probably start rolling out other CWs sooner than later, I alway like to have the OG

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I'm curious as I was never on the Yeezy train and didn't follow any of it, really: Have those things basically fallen off completely? Now that you mention it, I definitely used to almost daily see loads of people of all ages wearing them, and now I can't think of the last time I saw someone rocking a pair. I know the Kanye/Adidas deal is over so there aren't any new releases, but it also seems like people who already have them aren't even wearing them anymore. Looks like a classic fad where for a good chunk of time something was mega popular but dies almost overnight and goes down as a cultural footnote, like Cabbage Patch Kids etc :lol:

If Adidas Yeezys was a flash in the pan/fad it was a big flash from 2015-2021. Tickle Me Elmo lasted one Christmas

I think it's mostly the fact that the two things started to happen that couldn't. One they became so mass produced that what was desirable about them was lost. The appeal of Yeezy's used to be "I have them and you don't/can't afford them". THATS what will make kids wake up every Saturday morning and BEG Adidas to take their $240

The thing that turns kids off the most is seeing something that used to be cool and "exclusive" now being rocked by every "loser" they don't want to be dressed like (see Panda Dunks).

The other thing is Kanye himself stopped wearing Yeezys and stopped gifting them to his "cool celebrity friends" in like 2021. Just like how MJ heads prefer the OGs that he actually wore, Kanye heads mostly want the ones he wore. Once he lost enthusiasm for the brand it was over. Now that he out of Adidas, there's even less incentive

Never seen an SBxJordan4 before this. Haven't seen it since. Although I know they gonna probably start rolling out other CWs sooner than later, I alway like to have the OG

If Adidas Yeezys was a flash in the pan/fad it was a big flash from 2015-2021. Tickle Me Elmo lasted one Christmas

I think it's mostly the fact that the two things started to happen that couldn't. One they became so mass produced that what was desirable about them was lost. The appeal of Yeezy's used to be "I have them and you don't/can't afford them". THATS what will make kids wake up every Saturday morning and BEG Adidas to take their $240

The thing that turns kids off the most is seeing something that used to be cool and "exclusive" now being rocked by every "loser" they don't want to be dressed like (see Panda Dunks).

The other thing is Kanye himself stopped wearing Yeezys and stopped gifting them to his "cool celebrity friends" in like 2021. Just like how MJ heads prefer the OGs that he actually wore, Kanye heads mostly want the ones he wore. Once he lost enthusiasm for the brand it was over. Now that he out of Adidas, there's even less incentive

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest the Yeezy wave only lasted as long as something like Elmo or Cabbage Patch etc., just that in the grand scheme it was something massively popular that I saw daily and now don't even see, or rarely see, anyone wearing anymore. I get all your other points as well and they are what I suspected. Just never gave it much thought until I saw the previous post that inspired me to ask the question knowing there are likely people in here who pay or paid more attention to it than I ever did.

You know this thread is dying when Yeezy talk has infiltrated it

It was just the one question since the subject came up, now back to the IIIs :lol:

Still haven’t worn mine and I even doubled up

#soon
My first pair is getting worked plenty, but they’re so easy to clean up, they’re gonna last me at least another year. Got three more on deck. Figured each would do me for two or so years, and if I ever go through all of them, by then they’ll be back :lol:

tripling up on a shoe that’s already aged is a bit counter intuitive but everyone has there own metric

most people buy more than one to have a pristine pair on reserve

these shoes by design aren’t pristine
They most certainly are. Changing the shade of white didn’t suddenly make these scrub shoes that need to be beat to hell. They’re gonna break down the same as any other Jordan 3. It’s wild to think they wouldn’t cause you got sail instead of pure white 💀

They most certainly are. Changing the shade of white didn’t suddenly make these scrub shoes that need to be beat to hell. They’re gonna break down the same as any other Jordan 3. It’s wild to think they wouldn’t cause you got sail instead of pure white 💀

uh huh

you talking like this shoe bouta crumble anytime soon

I’m talkig pure aesthetics and I made that blatantly obvious

Can you name a better year retro of this shoe? I cant. And it sure aint the 1994.

if you have a pre aged shoe and you wear it you are only adding to the look of the shoe

so having 5 pairs of a pre aged shoe is a bit backwards in terms of how the shoe was produced

but I digress

nt in the latter years is mostly just hardcore collectors left

so people are gonna go to the max with every release and it’s just stands out when you are on the other side of it

Back
Top Bottom