Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Dunks/airforces are timeless so I can’t say it’s a trend.

However, I believe Jordan’s are in a different category. And it’s not all about race, there is a huge age gap that’s definitely adding to the feeling of “over consumption” in a trend.

For example I was in line at Starbucks (lol) and saw three girls in front of me wearing 4s, and Jordan 1 mids. The girls were no older than 12. Shoes were all dirty and tied tight as hell typical 12 year old kids.

This sight absolutely destroyed 4s for me. Almost made me never want to wear any of my shoes.

Was it cuz their race or age? I don’t know but definitely felt like there is zero love for the shoe, the history, anything to do with mj. I’m sure had I asked them do you even know who Michael Jordan is they wouldn’t know. Prolly think he’s a designer at this point.

However, I believe Jordan’s are in a different category. And it’s not all about race, there is a huge age gap that’s definitely adding to the feeling of “over consumption” in a trend.

For example I was in line at Starbucks (lol) and saw three girls in front of me wearing 4s, and Jordan 1 mids. The girls were no older than 12. Shoes were all dirty and tied tight as hell typical 12 year old kids.

This sight absolutely destroyed 4s for me. Almost made me never want to wear any of my shoes.

Was it cuz their race or age? I don’t know but definitely felt like there is zero love for the shoe, the history, anything to do with mj. I’m sure had I asked them do you even know who Michael Jordan is they wouldn’t know. Prolly think he’s a designer at this point.

We’ve had this conversation multiple times in quite a few threads.Sneakers got gentrified.

Only a few models though. For 90% of the shoes I like it’s never been easier to obtain them. It’s only a few that’s really a headache.

1’s, 4’s, Dunks. Outside of those 3 most shoes are pretty obtainable as long as they’re not a collab. This is talking strictly Nike and JB.

Ughhh, here we go again with the gatekeeping. I’m a huge Metallica fan, which is partly how I got into Jordan’s, and that forum can be a cesspool of gatekeeping. Guess what happens when something or someone reaches iconic, worldwide, once in a lifetime status…? Everyone wants it! There’s a reason it got to that level. It’s no longer the “if you’re in the know then you know” category.

jeff-bridges-what.gif

So people using their shoes as intended(wearing them) destroyed your love for them?

lol nonetheless 12 yr olds that do not have a true sense of how to take care of things like shoes like we do. That wouldn't sway me one way or another. If you don't have kids, you better not get them jordans when they're young then because you're going to be in for a rude awakening lol.

lol nonetheless 12 yr olds that do not have a true sense of how to take care of things like shoes like we do. That wouldn't sway me one way or another. If you don't have kids, you better not get them jordans when they're young then because you're going to be in for a rude awakening lol.
Of course a 12 year old ain’t taking care of their sneakers like someone more into the collector side. They’re 12. What the hell do they care about…?

Idk about race stuff

But I do know that back in the (mid) 80s to 2000s you didn’t really have a lot of 40-50+ dudes wearing Jays. It was a younger crowd. And now they’re 40-50 wearing Jays lol. Along with the kids and teenagers.

Also it cracks me up that I’m seeing nt’ers say certain shoes only 30+ heads are interested in lol. Aka playoff 13s. Idk about these 3s. That was never a thing before. Fine by me though

Only problem with all that is I can still remember when sneaker collecting/buying was “ghettoized” by them folks.

Still remember being condescended too like I was some financial dummy, blowing my money on multiple $100+ Gym shoes. Meanwhile they collecting beanie babies as an “investment”

But just like everything else “urban”, soon as their kids get into it, all of a sudden it’s legitimized (ala rap music), and they try to control the culture that they JUST got into. That’s what’s annoying

Only problem with all that is I can still remember when sneaker collecting/buying was “ghettoized” by them folks.

Still remember being condescended too like I was some financial dummy, blowing my money on multiple $100+ Gym shoes. Meanwhile they collecting beanie babies as an “investment”

But just like everything else “urban”, soon as their kids get into it, all of a sudden it’s legitimized (ala rap music), and they try to control the culture that they JUST got into. That’s what’s annoying

This, all of this.

Like venues didn't have whole dress codes cause of our shoes and the clothes we wore to keep us out.

Bro why u trying so hard man?

I don’t know how you got that from my post.

That post really wasn't referring to y'all who were kids in the 80's and are still wearing Jays. Y'all are good. It's talking about the suburbanites who just 10 years ago you wouldn't catch in a pair of retros.

It all started with that dumb Miley Cyrus song and it spiraled. Juicy J should be ashamed of himself.

Hibbett sports raffles open yesterday 👀 like 20 stores n my metro area getting these idk bout everyone else but my 8.5 gon b layup been blessed since I started my OG collection over 2016 never paid resell guess it's my area r my size but it's been great run

That post really wasn't referring to y'all who were kids in the 80's and are still wearing Jays. Y'all are good. It's talking about the suburbanites who just 10 years ago you wouldn't catch in a pair of retros.

It all started with that dumb Miley Cyrus song and it spiraled. Juicy J should be ashamed of himself.
Funny you mention her. I still remember how when she was done with her "pander to the black audience" phase, she completely shxtted on hip-hop. Post Malone did the same thing a couple years ago.

Back
Top Bottom