Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Decided to hit the resell market in search for a double up for a decent price before they eventually start to creep up. Long story short, found a local seller that was willing to do $280 each for two pairs ($300 for one pair). Best price I’ve found so far (no tax, fees, shipping costs, or surprises from getting a mystery pair.) I’m officially done with this release.
1678734417635.jpeg

When we said something about them possibly being "roomy" if they were gonna fit like FR3s and half size down would be nice, we got clowned. People got them in hand now and y'all figuring it out haha. No shade on that previous post, but its funny to me cause we were "grown men and didnt know our own shoe size" :lol:

And there's an equal amount of people saying they took your advice and their toes are smashed because of it.

Looks like we can use some more factory talk

Vietnam VW1>LNM Hahaha!

Don’t @ me because I have both and I’m a Shoe Connoisseur!

Lol at the majority of yall talking about Sneaker Culture was the same as it was in the 1980,s and early 1990,s, as it is right now. No TF it wasnt, I was around when all of this started from day 1 before Jordan was even signed to Nike. I was a kid back then, and got to have experiences with my older cousins and uncles lining up for OG releases at stores. Yes, other ethnicities were buying Jordans, Nikes, Reeboks, etc way back then. But us (African Americans were the people who wore them in abundance at the beginning, and we were the demographic of people who actually made Nike and these other Shoe companies what they are today.)

Jordans were frowned upon from 85 - 89 in my city and state, which is a popular big city, so I for sure know that it wasn't anymore different in smaller regions back then too. Jordan was a new NBA player wearing GOLD CHAINS with Red/Black (back then seen as weird to the masses, including Suburban people). Not to sounded racist, because im 100% not racist at all, but Jordans 1,2,3,4,5,6,s was a Black thing, urban people was the face of sneakers back then.

Then you had a small demographic of others who loved Jordans just as much, but they weren't the majority and the face of the sneaker culture like they are right now. This topic is funny, because alot of outsiders try to rewrite history as time goes along, just as how other races of people try to rewrite the narrative and storyline about who created Hip Hop/Rap nowadays.

The problem is that we're always accepting of others to hop in what we create and see as popular, because as a people, we're highly unliked on a personal level to the masses. But when we create and say something is cool, everybody follows and copies our opinions after the fact. Jordans were seen as threat and looked down upon in his first couple of years in the league.

He was fined, commentators along with the surburban community back then called them ugly overpriced tennis shoes back. Street Culture, Urban communities, along with Hip Hop culture got behind Jordans FIRST, then EVERYBODY ELSE followed suit afterwards.

It's not like how y'all are describing it right now. It was the complete opposite of how it is today. Fast forward to right now, and everything has changed because of how Jordan and Nike wanted to market his shoes after around the 1990,s were finished.

They didn't want his brand being highly associated with the hood, ghetto, urban communities, because they feel like that would've stunted the brands growth going into the future, especially after what he accomplished on the court.

The cold part about this is that same community is what helped his brand become what it was at the beginning of his career. Fast forward to right now, we have other ethnicities out here acting as if everybody played a part in what Jordans are today.

Nice try, but alot of us that were around at the beginning know what actually happened back in the mid 1980,s. Jordans were not a Suburban thing when he came into the league, it was PREDOMINANTLY A BLACK THING at the time.

None of us are saying other races didn't wear Jordans back then, we're talking about who was the face of it at the start. It's definitely the total opposite right now.

From social media pages, television, marketing, reselling, etc,WE'RE NOT THE FACE OF IT ANYMORE. This is why alot of people can feel comfortable acting like it was always like how it is today back in 85,86,87,88, in which it surely wasn't.

It was always FCFS back then at stores. There was no releases online, no reselling app,s and groups and communities of trust fund kids and adults who overpaying for alot of stock because of how sneaker culture is way more of a business right now than it's ever been.

Reselling was around, but it was a small community before 2005 hit. Now 50% to 70% of all of the releases are being bought up by people who just want to throw them up on StockX, GOAT, Ebay, Offerup, Ig, and other reselling platforms, just to sell for a way higher mark up price. Whenever we missed out on Jordan releases in 85- 97, we could find a store that still had stock of DS pairs to try on and walk out with.

Sometimes they would have left over stock from the last release during the actual new release. None of y'all can even compare to what's going on right now to back then. Shoes aren't even released to the public anymore at this point.

Employees, resellers, and friends get to eat up everything first, and then the majority of the people who actually want to wear the shoes have to pay resell, so resell is actually the new retail in the reality of things right now. From reselling stores to sneaker conventions, to where it is TODAY, it's a sh!% show for the people who actually want to wear the shoes outside on a daily basis.

People are buying these shoes to hoard for future value, collecting purposes, or for social media stuntin. Basically, because of how shoes are sold online/raffles/lottery system today, to the resellers, it's not even about wearing the shoes anymore.

The most crazy part about all of this is that this has gentrified and excluded a certain demographic of people to not even be able to participate in buying certain shoes such as these. There's alot of OG buyers 44 + years old, who have left and never looked back because of how sneaker buying has changed today.
PaleAbsoluteBaldeagle-max-1mb.gif

Preach

When we said something about them possibly being "roomy" if they were gonna fit like FR3s and half size down would be nice, we got clowned. People got them in hand now and y'all figuring it out haha. No shade on that previous post, but its funny to me cause we were "grown men and didnt know our own shoe size" :lol:
I'd be furious if I took your advice and went down. TTS is perfect for me.

And there's an equal amount of people saying they took your advice and their toes are smashed because of it.
I heard more people saying the shoe fits bigger than I've heard anyone saying they went down half a size down and their toes are smashed but you got it.

I hope my order from Shiekh doesnt get effed up.

Basically won the raffle to purchase the shoes. However when i first downloaded the app, i didnt have an account so i did it with my AppleId. But i dont know why, i opted to hide my email. Thats where i messed up

Anyways, i get the notification to purchase. Checked out, all good. I check the order page on the app, it doesnt show. Still doesnt right now. I check my bank acc and the money is pending. An hour later, i get a text from my bank asking if the purchase is authorized. I text back yes so they know its not fraud. The money is still pending. Also, i never got a confirmation email bc my dumbass decided to hide my email.

Either way, i hope i get them. Gonna call Shiekh first thing tomorrow to see if the order went through.
Sumn similar happened where I used Apple pay to checkout and order was canceled immediately thereafter. Emailed CS and they sent me a new push noti this am and am all set. Reach out and hopefully they get u squared up. GL

Whoa!! I missed a lot…. Does anyone remember when the dudes in the late 90’s came to every big city and offered people hundreds of dollars of straight cash for old Jordans? They were taking them to Japan. I had a pair of 94 black and red 1s. They rejected my size 12, (It wasn’t a common size in Japan.) but the dude dropped a jewel on me. “Keep them! They are going to be worth a lot of money! Buy as many as possible and keep them.” Back then hip hop culture was about moving forward. My man got roasted for rocking the 12s when the 14s were out. I told my homie to keep them bc they were gonna be worth a lot of money. 🤦🏾‍♂️ He morphed into Smoking Joe Frazier and beat them down with bad intentions. They started leaning and the leather turned brown. They looked like footwear that sponsored the journey of a week long crack binge.

now that everything is said and done i think the disappointment for me is just when these were announced and pics were floating around they shoes had a low cut elephant print that was really light. That gave me real OG vibes and i was super stoked.

Then you get them in hand and they aren't that. At the end of the day i would have bought a pair if they showed pics of the exact pair i got. Its a white cement 3 that i haven't had since 2011. I love the shoe in general. So all in all im cool with getting one pair to wear. I would have loved a more OG looking pair but its whatever.

The release itself sadly was in line with normal trash nike releases where i don't get EA i dont hit on shock drop i don't hit on snkrs on release day and i miss 10-15 raffles i enter. I just got lucky on this release that a friend came thru for me.

9529B383-83D3-454E-8259-1E8C78EE0D86.jpeg

Stores got lots of leftovers galleria has some but manager wont sell if you dont line his pockets

Stone briar good people got alot left

Towneast store is a zoo they usually wait until a random time since people dont know how to act, they will sell some then hold the rest till random time

Parks good peeps alot left over
Need to crack that manager in jaw when he closing the store
Lol at the majority of yall talking about Sneaker Culture was the same as it was in the 1980,s and early 1990,s, as it is right now. No TF it wasnt, I was around when all of this started from day 1 before Jordan was even signed to Nike. I was a kid back then, and got to have experiences with my older cousins and uncles lining up for OG releases at stores. Yes, other ethnicities were buying Jordans, Nikes, Reeboks, etc way back then. But us (African Americans were the people who wore them in abundance at the beginning, and we were the demographic of people who actually made Nike and these other Shoe companies what they are today.)

Jordans were frowned upon from 85 - 89 in my city and state, which is a popular big city, so I for sure know that it wasn't anymore different in smaller regions back then too. Jordan was a new NBA player wearing GOLD CHAINS with Red/Black (back then seen as weird to the masses, including Suburban people). Not to sounded racist, because im 100% not racist at all, but Jordans 1,2,3,4,5,6,s was a Black thing, urban people was the face of sneakers back then.

Then you had a small demographic of others who loved Jordans just as much, but they weren't the majority and the face of the sneaker culture like they are right now. This topic is funny, because alot of outsiders try to rewrite history as time goes along, just as how other races of people try to rewrite the narrative and storyline about who created Hip Hop/Rap nowadays.

The problem is that we're always accepting of others to hop in what we create and see as popular, because as a people, we're highly unliked on a personal level to the masses. But when we create and say something is cool, everybody follows and copies our opinions after the fact. Jordans were seen as threat and looked down upon in his first couple of years in the league.

He was fined, commentators along with the surburban community back then called them ugly overpriced tennis shoes back. Street Culture, Urban communities, along with Hip Hop culture got behind Jordans FIRST, then EVERYBODY ELSE followed suit afterwards.

It's not like how y'all are describing it right now. It was the complete opposite of how it is today. Fast forward to right now, and everything has changed because of how Jordan and Nike wanted to market his shoes after around the 1990,s were finished.

They didn't want his brand being highly associated with the hood, ghetto, urban communities, because they feel like that would've stunted the brands growth going into the future, especially after what he accomplished on the court.

The cold part about this is that same community is what helped his brand become what it was at the beginning of his career. Fast forward to right now, we have other ethnicities out here acting as if everybody played a part in what Jordans are today.

Nice try, but alot of us that were around at the beginning know what actually happened back in the mid 1980,s. Jordans were not a Suburban thing when he came into the league, it was PREDOMINANTLY A BLACK THING at the time.

None of us are saying other races didn't wear Jordans back then, we're talking about who was the face of it at the start. It's definitely the total opposite right now.

From social media pages, television, marketing, reselling, etc,WE'RE NOT THE FACE OF IT ANYMORE. This is why alot of people can feel comfortable acting like it was always like how it is today back in 85,86,87,88, in which it surely wasn't.

It was always FCFS back then at stores. There was no releases online, no reselling app,s and groups and communities of trust fund kids and adults who overpaying for alot of stock because of how sneaker culture is way more of a business right now than it's ever been.

Reselling was around, but it was a small community before 2005 hit. Now 50% to 70% of all of the releases are being bought up by people who just want to throw them up on StockX, GOAT, Ebay, Offerup, Ig, and other reselling platforms, just to sell for a way higher mark up price. Whenever we missed out on Jordan releases in 85- 97, we could find a store that still had stock of DS pairs to try on and walk out with.

Sometimes they would have left over stock from the last release during the actual new release. None of y'all can even compare to what's going on right now to back then. Shoes aren't even released to the public anymore at this point.

Employees, resellers, and friends get to eat up everything first, and then the majority of the people who actually want to wear the shoes have to pay resell, so resell is actually the new retail in the reality of things right now. From reselling stores to sneaker conventions, to where it is TODAY, it's a sh!% show for the people who actually want to wear the shoes outside on a daily basis.

People are buying these shoes to hoard for future value, collecting purposes, or for social media stuntin. Basically, because of how shoes are sold online/raffles/lottery system today, to the resellers, it's not even about wearing the shoes anymore.

The most crazy part about all of this is that this has gentrified and excluded a certain demographic of people to not even be able to participate in buying certain shoes such as these. There's alot of OG buyers 44 + years old, who have left and never looked back because of how sneaker buying has changed today.
lol this dude wrote a Novel.

I heard more people saying the shoe fits bigger than I've heard anyone saying they went down half a size down and their toes are smashed but you got it.

Shoes fit people differently. Some have to size up/down to account for length and some have to size up/down to account for width. Some for both.

That's why recommending sizing to strangers is pointless. Everyone's feet are different.

Didn't realize how big into sneakers hair bands were in the 80's :lol:
Jordan’s were bigger in the skate community than the basketball fan community’s. Check old skate boarding pics and see all the Jordan glory. Sad this fight is happening, but all walks of life loved Jordan’s because of Jordan and no other reason at the time.

Whoa!! I missed a lot…. Does anyone remember when the dudes in the late 90’s came to every big city and offered people hundreds of dollars of straight cash for old Jordans? They were taking them to Japan. I had a pair of 94 black and red 1s. They rejected my size 12, (It wasn’t a common size in Japan.) but the dude dropped a jewel on me. “Keep them! They are going to be worth a lot of money! Buy as many as possible and keep them.” Back then hip hop culture was about moving forward. My man got roasted for rocking the 12s when the 14s were out. I told my homie to keep them bc they were gonna be worth a lot of money. 🤦🏾‍♂️ He morphed into Smoking Joe Frazier and beat them down with bad intentions. They started leaning and the leather turned brown. They looked like footwear that sponsored the journey of a week long crack binge.

I remember. I’m in Toronto and saw a newspaper ad back in around 1996, looking for old jordans. My friend called the number and asked why he wanted used shoes and he said he sells them to Japan as there is a big market over there.

I was ten years old when I became obsessed with shoes. Thirty plus years later that has not changed. They were never about the value, or the attention, it was about MJ and the feeling you had just wearing them. Now it seems more like a business to people. Lots of people buy just to have it or say they have it, more than they actually want it. What I think went wrong was when the emphasis on resell value of a shoe means more than the actual desire for it.

Some wild *** takes in this thread :lol:

Anyways, still waiting for SNKRS to ship out my one and only pair. Fingers crossed I won the thin EP lottery.

Back
Top Bottom