Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

I don’t disagree.

But what else did the reimagineds need from a marketing perspective?
I think it’s more about differentiation with the reimagineds. From a brand perspective re-releasing all the same stuff from the previous decade and not telling any stories wouldn’t be moving forward or doing anything different. We’re still early in this so I think it remains to be seen how the whole lineup looks when they’re done with it

I get the love of storytelling angle, but can’t a shoe just look great and that’s enough?

…does every shoe have to be a graphic novel?

Not speaking to there needing to be excessive write ups or a forced story. My point is the reimagined series had a theme that wasn’t cohesive or IMO well executed.. L&F all time great shoe, aged features, executed well, and the story was its been found after years and it had the mom and pop receipt. The WC3s great shoe, aged, no story, run the same playbook of the receipt in it, etc. Where do the royals and Gratitudes fit into the first two? The Gratitudes are literally a re-release of a well executed defining moments themed pack poorly done. If it’s a money grab, just re-release the concords, or cool greys, or most any other 11 and it’ll sell out. What’s actually reimagined? Leather instead of mesh?

Last edited:
Not speaking to there needing to be excessive write ups or a forced story. My point is the reimagined series had a theme that wasn’t cohesive or IMO well executed.. L&S all time great shoe, aged features, executed well, and the story was its been found after years and it had the mom and pop receipt. The WC3s great shoe, aged, no story, run the same playbook of the receipt in it, etc. Where do the royals and Gratitudes fit into the first two? The Gratitudes are literally a re-release of a well executed defining moments themed pack poorly done. If it’s a money grab, just re-release the concords, or cool greys, or most any other 11 and it’ll sell out. What’s actually reimagined? Leather instead of mesh?
Gratitudes are part of the reimagined series? Never heard that.

The reimagined series was lazy and sloppy as hell.

We could sit here and it would only take a few posts to come up with better ideas than JB's entire million-dollar strategy.

Just put the aged treatment to a few sought-after OGs and have some clown story about how some ball boy found a pair in Chicago Stadium in 1993.

I hate the L&F reimagining, the crackling on the ankle collar is HORRIBLE. But at the end of the day, it’s the closest I’m getting to a pair of Chicagos anytime soon, so I enjoy owning and wearing them. I just cover up that part. The top down view is great.
I like it cuz I can tell my wife “this shoe is old look how the leather is cracking” so she doesn’t get suspicious about a new shoe coming in

I know what they had. Smokey as in how they aren’t clear or tinted blue, not smokey as in black or dark gray like many of the previous retros. The most recent retros are the best to me due to the close-to-correct outsoles and the use of nubuck upper panels rather than elephant print.
Correct. It was more of a borderline gum sole tone. With that nice red on the pods. The retro before that were inaccurate af. I’m hoping we finally get an accurate XIII playoff low home and away.

Correct. It was more of a borderline gum sole tone. With that nice red on the pods. The retro before that were inaccurate af. I’m hoping we finally get an accurate XIII playoff low home and away.
Right. If only they could’ve combined the shape of the first retro from 2003 with the proper outsoles and nubuck panels, the 2021s would’ve been even better. Oh well, still love them. Just broke out a fresh pair last week. I beat my first pair into the ground. Have another five pairs DS 🤣

For today
1000018937.jpg

Back
Top Bottom