Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Nike has made it extremely easy to be picky cause they don't drop many OG's anymore.

Reimagined Bred 4's, Military Blues, BC3's, Olympic 6's maybe Columbias? That's literally it on the Jordan front. Nike basketball hitting my pockets harder tbh with the Foamposite and KD retros.

Metallic Navy 1 Lows, 85 Metallic Burgundy 1 Highs, Reimagined Black-toe 1s, Powder Blue 9s, Shadow 1 Lows (technically not an original release colorway), Lightning 17, Bred 6s, Olive 9s, and that's just retros of classics. Tons of other stuff already on the release calendar, and new stuff popping up all the time. Just saw two other metallic 1 lows (black and mocha) supposed to be releasing too, Howard 1 lows, several other 1 lows and highs, and several other 3s and 4s that I wouldn't mind having.

Even if you limit yourself to one silhouette it can be tough to rein it in. My plan was 1 pair a month this year and I'm already up 16 pairs, though I have been good about 1 out and 1 in and letting go of some other stuff.

My plan was 1 pair a month this year and I'm already up 16 pairs, though I have been good about 1 out and 1 in and letting go of some other stuff.
Wait wait wait… 16 already purchased, or 16 planned?

I have always tried 1/month and have never been able to hold to that (except 2014 which was the worst year for sneakers ever). I was able to downsize a bit as well.

Will you be my sponsor?

Wait wait wait… 16 already purchased, or 16 planned?

I have always tried 1/month and have never been able to hold to that (except 2014 which was the worst year for sneakers ever). I was able to downsize a bit as well.

Will you be my sponsor?

Yep, 16 purchased, but nothing above retail (most below), and I've sold 15 including a couple pairs of expensive boots and have others posted for sale. I don't think I currently have the self control to "sleep" on stuff that I really want if it's on my radar. I've got a few more things that I absolutely want to have in the collection, and then I think I am going to have to totally disconnect from all media around sneakers and anything here but the General area to stop buying. I've been working on getting rid of the clutter in other parts of my life and home, but sneakers is one of a few areas that have been most difficult for me to dial back, though I am slowly coming around to the realization that it is a ridiculous habit that will never end if it continues as it is currently.

Yep, 16 purchased, but nothing above retail (most below), and I've sold 15 including a couple pairs of expensive boots and have others posted for sale. I don't think I currently have the self control to "sleep" on stuff that I really want if it's on my radar. I've got a few more things that I absolutely want to have in the collection, and then I think I am going to have to totally disconnect from all media around sneakers and anything here but the General area to stop buying. I've been working on getting rid of the clutter in other parts of my life and home, but sneakers is one of a few areas that have been most difficult for me to dial back, though I am slowly coming around to the realization that it is a ridiculous habit that will never end if it continues as it is currently.
Not to be an enabler but if you’re sending out a pair for each one coming in, you’re doing good 😂

Problem I’ve had is I’ll buy a new pair and instead of sending one out, I just put a shoe I can live without into the part of my brain that says “Ill get around to offing them”, but don’t actually do it smh

Cats will have you take 137 pics of the shoe, ask for every detail of the shoe, stitch count, weight, VIN number, ANYTHING and then be like:

Pass bro

Or ghost you completely :lol:
I just ignore most messages. If They’re not asking for pics they’re making a lowball offer through a message rather than just submitting an actual offer.

My biggest gripe with eBay is they don’t automatically charge the buyer after an auction is completed. The highest bidder wins then they have to make the purchase. You should be committing to buy and putting in your payment information when you make a bid. Then if you win you get charged immediately.

Resellers are trash and a plague to the sneaker game. When people do that y'all, it's just the universe balancing everything out. I'll never forget how y'all were price gouging during the bandemic, taking advantage of the vulnerable sneakerheads who couldn't cop anything because of the bots. I wish y'all nothing but more wasted time takings pics and being ghosted in the future.

the-wire-stringer-bell (1).gif

Resellers are trash and a plague to the sneaker game. When people do that y'all, it's just the universe balancing everything out. I'll never forget how y'all were price gouging during the bandemic, taking advantage of the vulnerable sneakerheads who couldn't cop anything because of the bots. I wish y'all nothing but more wasted time takings pics and being ghosted in the future.

the-wire-stringer-bell (1).gif
IMG_7426.gif

I just ignore most messages. If They’re not asking for pics they’re making a lowball offer through a message rather than just submitting an actual offer.

My biggest gripe with eBay is they don’t automatically charge the buyer after an auction is completed. The highest bidder wins then they have to make the purchase. You should be committing to buy and putting in your payment information when you make a bid. Then if you win you get charged immediately.
eBay has actually started doing just that. It is in a trial phase so not on every auction.

I don't do auctions, but for BOs I have this enabled; they get charged immediately if I accept their offer. Dealt with lame non-payers for awhile until I figured out this setting.

Cats will have you take 137 pics of the shoe, ask for every detail of the shoe, stitch count, weight, VIN number, ANYTHING and then be like:

Pass bro

Or ghost you completely :lol:

I take like 10 photos and everything you would possibly want to see. I'm not sending more photos. Zoom in.

You got medial, inner, top view, back, bottoms, insole, tag, box. Anything else you're being annoying for no reason.

Most of my sneaker obsession is still informed by my childhood. Trauma response maybe? It's part of the sickness 🤷🏿‍♂️. I was told to keep my shoes clean (only getting one a year) and we had play clothes and going out clothes and church clothes. Going out was saved for a special event. I keep that same mindset now for better or worse 🤷🏿‍♂️
I feel you on this. That one pair your got had to be babied for like 9 months before you finally gave in the last 3 months and run them into the ground cause you were getting some new ones before school starts and then the cycle repeats itself.

Fortunately my financial situation is stable enough now where I can treat myself to 10-15 pairs of shoes a year.

Most of my sneaker obsession is still informed by my childhood. Trauma response maybe? It's part of the sickness 🤷🏿‍♂️. I was told to keep my shoes clean (only getting one a year) and we had play clothes and going out clothes and church clothes. Going out was saved for a special event. I keep that same mindset now for better or worse 🤷🏿‍♂️
I had this mindset until pairs started falling apart. Then I realized I didn’t wear anything nearly enough. I’ve also owned enough at this point that I can live without knowing that I had. I’d rather be the one that cooks my sneakers than letting oxygen and humidity do it.

When I get a new shoe I wear it within the first week of getting it now.

I used to wait, but after a while it would be years passing and I hadn't worn it then the shoe would be worth like $600 and I just end up selling it instead.
Yeah that is the best and worst problem to have. Always results in an internal debate for me. “Do I wear these? Do I sell them? I like them, but I may like that money more”
….and then it just results in them sitting in the closet again. Lol
I had this mindset until pairs started falling apart. Then I realized I didn’t wear anything nearly enough. I’ve also owned enough at this point that I can live without knowing that I had. I’d rather be the one that cooks my sneakers than letting oxygen and humidity do it.
True. Nothing worse (or embarrassing!!!) than wearing a pair of shoes and having them fall apart on you. The worst feeling. Had some soles come off on some AM95s as I was coming home from work. SMH

eBay has actually started doing just that. It is in a trial phase so not on every auction.

I wish they’d start doing an automatic feedback for sellers on there, for instance if the buyer accepts the item and doesn’t have any issues they’ll issue you a standard positive feedback if the buyer doesn’t do it on their own. Same with selling shoes on there, if they pass inspection and all that you should automatically get a feedback. I bet I’ve got 70+ things on there I never got feedback for after completing a sale. Not that it’s a huge deal but it does get you a better rate on fees if you do enough

Taking pictures and dealing with all the nonsense messages from people that aren’t going to buy them anyway are the worst parts.
I started taking all the pictures I'd want if I was buying. Amounts to about 12-15 photos. Tedious but helpful. I set offer limits at the lowest amount I'll actually take for a sneaker and refuse to do an auction save for very specific items in my collection. I don't even reply to goofy messages that are already answered via the listing.

I bought a brand new Husqvarna backpack blower and starting having problems starting it. My cousin looked at the fuel lines and asked, "How did this new blower come with these old fuel lines?"

1000087508.jpg

I told him they come from the factory like that, these are the Reimagined fuel lines, they're vintage yellowed to simulate a leaf blower from the 80s

Back
Top Bottom