Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Leather might be closer to the OG material than that dark stuff in 2019

IMG_5813.png
Log out

I understand that fashion trends come back full circle, but ive celebrities such as Wayne and Drake and Ye, along with people in public wearing oversized jnco type of jeans/pants. Out here looking like OJ Da JuiceMan in his prime, while im scratching my head like they can't actually think that those pants look good. Seen recent videos which were separate, with Wayne and Drake and Ross wearing oversized jeans, that were so big at the bottom, to the point of the pants covering the entire shoe, while the pants are dragging on the floor and street underneath the shoes like TF.

I understand rappers and celebrities follow trends, but this is a current popular style that I will never get into. The slim fit with the slight bellbottom cut at the bottom is ok in my opinion, but that's as far as i would ever take a pair of pants being somewhat oversized. Then you see cats wearing those super big bulky cartoon shoes with the baggy pants, while looking out of place and crazy. Then people wear retros while covering the entire shoe up. Like why wear the shoes if you can't even see them.

Not a fan of the current fashion trends that's going on today.

you can see the quality with your eyes in the OG, while the 2019s horribly flat. OG had that thick cut steak from an expensive steak-house, while the retro's is Taco Bell.
Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019.jpg
Not even the 99s could hold a candle to the OG
OG definitely look better, but I can tell you guys never owned them. It was literally rubber/plastic coated cloth fibers that chipped away with wear. Using synthetic suede was an improvement, without adding weight. Now they made them bricks

I was going to ask the same question, but I then remembered a good 70% percent of NT user attire is fda approved non-gmo eco-friendly DIRT 🤢

Which is why I ask lol

You can always find cats complaining about trends or fashion in these threads but when u ask the same cats to show you the “right” way, they choose to be goofy and mention bs like Fubu and wrangler.

I hate the term hate, but that’s clear definition

This is as big as i would ever go in jeans, and even those jeans are a little bit slightly bigger for my taste. But that size isn't too bad in comparison to the oversized look certain people are wearing right now. Those 1999 White/Cement 4,s ye is wearing. That's why those look thicker/bulkier in comparison to the last couple of White/Cement releases.
Screenshot_20240124-133827_Gallery.jpg

Type of jeans yall rockin in 2024, im curious?
ADVERTISEMENT​
I was going to ask the same question, but I then remembered a good 70% percent of NT user attire is fda approved non-gmo eco-friendly DIRT 🤢...so I'll pass on that question.

Proceeding forth with the regular scheduled program.
Which is why I ask lol

You can always find cats complaining about trends or fashion in these threads but when u ask the same cats to show you the “right” way, they choose to be goofy and mention bs like Fubu and wrangler.

I hate the term hate, but that’s clear definition
Bad denim with a Michael Vick jersey & Olympic 7s...NT aesthetic

Alot of the jeans and pants that people wear in the Florida, Ny, and Cali nightlife/club scene aren't baggy or big like that. You'll see cats in the $150.00 to $400.00 pants/jeans that are mostly being made by independent clothing companies that are usually sold online only, you just need to search and peep game. Alot of people im around dont wear the basic expensive boring denim that you might see people talk about on here.

I still wear basic denim sometimes, but if wear denim/pants/jeans by independent companies. Your kind of limited with style when going to the more established oldschool jean companies/brands. They try to create jeans similar to what you might see people wearing at certain clubs.

Alot of the jeans and pants that people wear in the Florida, Ny, and Cali nightlife/club scene aren't baggy or big like that. You'll see cats in the $150.00 to $400.00 pants/jeans that are mostly being made by independent clothing companies that are usually sold online only, you just need to search and peep game. Alot of people im around dont wear the basic expensive boring denim that you might see people talk about on here.

I still wear basic denim sometimes, but if wear denim/pants/jeans by independent companies. Your kind of limited with style when going to the more established oldschool jean companies/brands. They try to create jeans similar to what you might see people wearing at certain clubs.

Them joint's are usually terrible too. They might as well just buy MNML.

you can see the quality with your eyes in the OG, while the 2019s horribly flat. OG had that thick cut steak from an expensive steak-house, while the retro's is Taco Bell.
Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019.jpg
Not even the 99s could hold a candle to the OG
Is this your pair. Damn they're gorgeous..post more, mine are all cracked up

So far all of the reviews have focused on material change, shape, and comparisons. I took another look in person of the shoe at Vault 134 in NYC, and I'm surprised no reviewer has mentioned yet the outlines of the reimagineds.

The leather cuts are thick to point where the outlines have somewhat of a dark blueish color. The outlines are way more present in person, as these reviews aren't highlighting it. Definitely show way more than 2019 outlines.

20240124_194833.jpg

Fun fact: 98% of the OG police never owned a pair of the OGs. The ones doing forensic breakdowns of toe slant, height, materials, etc are basing all their research off old grainy jpegs. Lol

I feel qualified to add to this. The OG pair in 1989 was my first pair of adult Jordans. Went to go pick up the ATC II Hot Lavas as Agassi was my hero (& got me into tennis) with my mom as the local Mom & Pop shop. She also knew I was a Jordan freak in '89 and she saw me checking out the black/cement IVs there. And they were only $10 more than the Hot Lavas, so she said it was up to me so I got the IVs instead (for the start of 7th grade).

The '19s were AWFUL! I didn't even get to get them when they came out (I was really into collecting them). Now since I sold my 90% of my collection over the past 6 years or so, i really don't buy anything crazy expensive. But that said, I REALLY like these and I was only gonna grab the Military Blue IVs, but the leather aspect is really intriguing and I am really liking how they look. I could give two bleeps it's not OG because it's leather. They look really well done.

I like the last retro of the infrared 6 over the 2019 4s. The shape change isn't as drastic from the original, in comparison to the 4's. The 2019 6 material is definitely different from the OG but not that off as far as the hue of the black.

Screenshot_20240123_213513_Instagram.jpg

Great pic. The only thing those VIs from '19 were missing was the correct & proper tongue height. We need a tall OG tongue on the next pair. 🙏🙏🙏 The short tongue really pisses me off (the VI is my favorite Jordan).

I understand that fashion trends come back full circle, but ive celebrities such as Wayne and Drake and Ye, along with people in public wearing oversized jnco type of jeans/pants. Out here looking like OJ Da JuiceMan in his prime, while im scratching my head like they can't actually think that those pants look good. Seen recent videos which were separate, with Wayne and Drake and Ross wearing oversized jeans, that were so big at the bottom, to the point of the pants covering the entire shoe, while the pants are dragging on the floor and street underneath the shoes like TF.

I understand rappers and celebrities follow trends, but this is a current popular style that I will never get into. The slim fit with the slight bellbottom cut at the bottom is ok in my opinion, but that's as far as i would ever take a pair of pants being somewhat oversized. Then you see cats wearing those super big bulky cartoon shoes with the baggy pants, while looking out of place and crazy. Then people wear retros while covering the entire shoe up. Like why wear the shoes if you can't even see them.

Not a fan of the current fashion trends that's going on today.

Yup. And what’s wild ia they ain’t young. Like it’s okay to dress better as you get older.

Back
Top Bottom