Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Too early to call it, yes.

Sad but necessary conversation nonetheless, yes again. :stoneface:

I actually do like the leather. It looks supple and high quality. As long as these have a consistent grain to the leather and SB shape, I’ll be down for multiple pairs. What’s great about the leather is that it‘ll hold up better long term. The leather reminds me of my AJ 1 2001 CO.JP…
1694718303952.jpeg

Not speaking for RAJI at all here. But a lot of people in HERE will buy for the simple "FOMO" concept. If they like em they will praise the quality, build of shape etc. If they dont, they will send back with trash comments about the release. Or, bash the hell out of them while doubling up. Showing Nike whos boss, :wink: I have a leather version of a 4 that I wear a lot. If these are better than those in an original color, freaking awesome.

Random thought... If they were gonna reimagine them, they should have deviated from Durabuck by going with actual suede as opposed to leather.

Maybe the concept was that all other OG colorways were leather/smooth durabuck, so this is what they would have looked like had the BC followed that scheme. I don't mind these, but I'm cutting down on purchases and recently got rid of the Alternate Motorports and Black Laser in near DS condition, so while I expect these to have a better shape and comfort, they're just not mandatory for me. I like an all leather 4 as they can be worn easily without worry, but I still have my Black Oreos in fantastic condition for that purpose.

Despite the flaws of the '19s, these are in NO WAY a replacement for those, and I'll keep mine until a better retro comes out.

Not speaking for RAJI at all here. But a lot of people in HERE will buy for the simple "FOMO" concept. If they like em they will praise the quality, build of shape etc. If they dont, they will send back with trash comments about the release. Or, bash the hell out of them while doubling up. Showing Nike whos boss, :wink: I have a leather version of a 4 that I wear a lot. If these are better than those in an original color, freaking awesome.
I don't dislike these, I just won't have any sentimental attachment to them like I do the other ones.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:
:smokin

That was as good as Jordan retros will EVER be, right there... Nike/JB were spoiling us, and we didn't even know it.

Here's some pics of my sole swapped Black Cement 4's I got done back in 2016-17...

Pics are from 2017 or 2018.

WP_20170607_19_25_49_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_26_15_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_26_44_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_24_52_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_15_48_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_18_05_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_17_38_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_17_21_Rich.jpg
WP_20170607_19_18_47_Rich.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:
:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:
:smokin

I still have them. I only ever wore them once because the Durabuck will crack almost immediately, if I tried to REALLY wear them. There still in great condition, but the Durabuck needs some mink oil badly. I've been meaning to grab some, but I keep procrastinating.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
literally perfection, i still want a pair of 99s lol

Nike has us all by the ballz. I hear the “we need to show Nike by not buying these” to push consumer satisfaction. But the freakin’ Red Cement atrocities sold out on SNKRS.

What I’d like to see is a pre-order for “re-imagined” or as close to Nike wants to get to an OG. Offer it up to Nike accounts with MFA and maybe limit 2-3 pairs each. Let the masses ***** out/resell Red Cement type atrocities. Sorry but those suck.

As for the upcoming 4’s, if the leather isn’t an Oreo-esque looking tumbled leather, I’m balls deep in these. If the leather looks like a black football, I’m pulling out. Just like I am on those Royal 1’s, suede on those is just an abomination.

Back
Top Bottom