Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

How come no one ever assumes the person wearing them got their pair for retail, and it’s only a $175 pair of shoes? I own 4 pairs of TS 1s and 3 was for retail. I hate how the world is note, because something is “expensive”, it must be fake. I guess I gotta keep the receipts in the stash pocket
Or you don’t have to care whatsoever about what you can’t control 💎

1704640143186.gif

I get that. I hit on the Olive Lows last year from a boutique for retail. I guess nowadays people just assume fake bc of the high demand.

Let me add context to my initial statement:
- I live in a Canadian city with a population of 750K. We only have 1 store here that gets Travis Scott’s when they do release.
- it’s the middle of winter here and there is snow on the ground. And on the parts of the sidewalks and roads where it’s icy, there also happens to be some sand added just for grip. Not a great time to be wearing valuable shoes
- the pairs I saw were the Mochas, which honestly, probably didn’t even drop in my city when they released.

So basically, for me to see a rare pair of shoes 3-4 times in a week, during a time where the weather conditions aren’t ideal ………..yeah, I’m going to assume all the pairs I saw were fake.

Sole swaps automatically ruin any shoe and you are not wearing whatever “OG” you think you are after that sole swap. Might as well just stick to the retro it came from

But fake it til ya make it I guess
Just faking it until I make it back to the 90s. Soon as that time machine drops I'll take some on foot pics for you. I get both sides, keep em original, they're only getting harder to find. The other option is to wear a pair that looks fake in comparison. I won't be "ruining" these, gonna "destroy" a 94 retro 3 as soon as it comes in though.

Lol been here for over a decade. And you took a post from a high school kid coming up on almost two years ago :lol: That’s not how the thread is, so yes ducktales lol.

Let me spell it out so special type of people like you can possibly comprehend.

You said I was lying because you said no one ever said they would rock fakes in any jersey thread or basketball thread. I provided evidence from two threads. It doesn't matter how long ago someone posted it, but it's still relevant to the topic at hand.

Sole swaps automatically ruin any shoe and you are not wearing whatever “OG” you think you are after that sole swap. Might as well just stick to the retro it came from

But fake it til ya make it I guess

What’s the point of having a ds upper sitting in a box of crumbs? You can’t even display them. Essentially worthless.

Using an authentic retro midsole to restore an authentic og release = fake?

I’m just trying to understand the logic behind it

I can understand if you have a ds og fully intact. It can’t be worn so it’s just a nice relic to have and display.

once the midsole is dust I think you’re doing a disservice to the shoe by not PROPERLY restoring it.

Last edited:

Let me spell it out so special type of people like you can possibly comprehend.

You said I was lying because you said no one ever said they would rock fakes in any jersey thread or basketball thread. I provided evidence from two threads. It doesn't matter how long ago someone posted it, but it's still relevant to the topic at hand.

I’ll spell it out better for you. You made it sound as if that’s the discussion and how things go in the jersey thread. Which it’s actually not. You sited a single post from a 16 yr old who could barely afford his big bang 9s he was clamoring for (no offense James) from almost two years ago as your single shred of proof.

I guess you haven’t visited that thread in a while and james hasn’t been seen since…*Eminem voice* so I guess it was you..
4A473366-0FC3-4E8E-A97E-51AA2FAF31E5.gif

You also can keep my @ on the quote :lol:

unpopular opinion but this reimagined shoe like the black royal 1 reimagined version are the better definition of reimagined than the piss yellow midsoled white cement 3's and lost and found 1's

nobody reimagines buying an old aged looking shoe.

What’s the point of having a ds upper sitting in a box of crumbs? You can’t even display them. Essentially worthless.

Using an authentic retro midsole to restore an authentic og release = fake?

I can understand if you have a ds og fully intact. It can’t be worn so it’s just a nice relic to have and display.

once the midsole is dust I think you’re doing a disservice to the shoe by not PROPERLY restoring it.
Shouldn’t have kept them DS for that long. An OG 4 with a sole swap ain’t no different than a Retro 4/Flight 89 with an upper swap. Neither of them passing an authentication check. They’re just customs now.

Using an authentic retro insole to restore an authentic og release = fake?

There is no logic.
unpopular opinion but this reimagined shoe like the black royal 1 reimagined version are the better definition of reimagined than the piss yellow midsoled white cement 3's and lost and found 1's

nobody reimagines buying an old aged looking shoe.
I completely agree 1M%. I HATE the faux aged BS. I'm not a fan at all of Chi 1s, but the RI pair looks goofy as heck.

Shouldn’t have kept them DS for that long. An OG 4 with a sole swap ain’t no different than a Retro 4/Flight 89 with an upper swap. Neither of them passing an authentication check. They’re just customs now.
Who doing upper swaps on flight 89s? I did swap a pair of 89 4s. OG upper, OG outsole, replaced the midsole with a new one so I could wear them. You do realize Nike was putting midsoles on these shoes too? They weren't made in one piece. Should I retire my car instead of getting new tires?

Who doing upper swaps on flight 89s? I did swap a pair of 89 4s. OG upper, OG outsole, replaced the midsole with a new one so I could wear them. You do realize Nike was putting midsoles on these shoes too? They weren't made in one piece.
Yes, which is why I said sole swap, not midsole swap or outsole swap. What was confusing about that?

Should I retire my car instead of getting new tires?
Tires are meant to be rotated and replace after extensive wear. Your car manual tells you that. Apple offers services for some repairs on their products.

Nike/JB does none of that. Enjoy your customs.

I think it’s well understood that shoes from the 80’s/90’s/00’s are going to need a soleswap if you want to WEAR them. I wear my 99’s that are soleswapped. However, people have differing reasons for not soleswapping. I would say that most of the people storing their old shoes deadstock are doing it for collections purposes and therefore, would reduce the value of that particular sneaker if they did a soleswap.

I don’t understand why you say soleswapped shoe wouldn’t pass an authentication? You can sell them on eBay and put they are soleswapped right in the description. I have seen many pairs for sale that have been soleswapped. In fact really the best way to do it is just buy the shoe on whatever platform and get them swapped from flippinkickicks or a1restorations as those are the two best I’ve seen do it.

Your logic isnt actual logic. My 99’s are still real 99’s and are wearable whether you acknowledge them as real or not. Your not the be all end all of wether or not a shoe is fake. You just have an absolute ridiculous opinion. You are not an authority in this forum Or outside it. NOT one person is seeking you out for relevant information regarding sneakers. Not one…

Who cares what you call them? Lol this is such a silly conversation. It changes nothing what you call them, they’re OGs on retros. If you consider a restoration a custom, why would it bother you if someone is rocking those? Keep it moving if it offends your delicate sensibilities.

I think it’s well understood that shoes from the 80’s/90’s/00’s are going to need a soleswap if you want to WEAR them. I wear my 99’s that are soleswapped. However, people have differing reasons for not soleswapping. I would say that most of the people storing their old shoes deadstock are doing it for collections purposes and therefore, would reduce the value of that particular sneaker if they did a soleswap.

I don’t understand why you say soleswapped shoe wouldn’t pass an authentication? You can sell them on eBay and put they are soleswapped right in the description. I have seen many pairs for sale that have been soleswapped. In fact really the best way to do it is just buy the shoe on whatever platform and get them swapped from flippinkickicks or a1restorations as those are the two best I’ve seen do it.

Your logic isnt actual logic. My 99’s are still real 99’s and are wearable whether you acknowledge them as real or not. Your not the be all end all of wether or not a shoe is fake. You just have an absolute ridiculous opinion. You are not an authority in this forum Or outside it. NOT one person is seeking you out for relevant information regarding sneakers. Not one…
You sell a sole swapped pair on ebay without that disclaimer and you're getting a dispute opened for it being not authentic.

Where did I say anything about them being fake? I said they're customs. You letting your insecurities get the best of you.

Back
Top Bottom