Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Believe it or not, you can open the shoe up completely to slide your foot into the shoe without putting it on like a child. Smashing the heel in because someone does not want to bend down to do this drives me nuts also.
If most adults put their shoes on this way, why does have to be categorized as "putting it on like a child?" Ironically, the way you described is how I used to put my shoes on as a child lol

Believe it or not, you can open the shoe up completely to slide your foot into the shoe without putting it on like a child. Smashing the heel in because someone does not want to bend down to do this drives me nuts also.
"like a child " is crazy lmaoo. NT really got police sectors for everything when it comes to footwear.

1000048881.gif

I honestly can’t tell if you love or hate this shoe 🤣 someone needs to compile your posts from this thread for the laughs.

If you had a bosom buddy for these the name would be Jekyll cause you’re definitely Hyde.

It’s been love/hate. The most important thing to me personally when it comes to retros and the IV in particular is the shape of the shoe. This shape while not og is closer to og and lightyears beyond the 2019 imo.

The leather/durabuck argument is completely irrelevant if the shoe is a bastardized version of what it’s supposed to be. The cut and look of the shoe was initially more ergonomic and aerodynamic. As I’ve stated before the IV has been trash for 20 years.

Had all the IV of the past 20 years had 99 shape jb would’ve gotten a lot more money out of me on some retro plus colors Instead of just 2 purchases in 2016 and 2019

Last edited:
It’s been love/hate. The most important thing to me personally when it comes to retros and the IV in particular is the shape of the shoe. This shape while not og is closer to og and lightyears beyond the 2019 imo.

The leather/durabuck argument is completely irrelevant if the shoe is a bastardized version of what it’s supposed to be. The cut and look of the shoe was initially more ergonomic and aerodynamic. As I’ve stated before the IV has been trash for 20 years.

Had all the IV of the past 20 years had 99 shape jb would’ve gotten a lot more money out of me on some retro plus colors Instead of just 2 purchases in 2016 and 2019
I get where you’re coming from, although I don’t think the shape has changed in most of the pics we’ve seen over the past couple months. Right now the only 4’s I have in my collection are AMMs, SBs and 2019 Breds.

I guess my take is that this model has been terrible ever since 2000. They’re uncomfortable, poorly shaped, often using poor quality leather (like the WCs). The 2019 mold is definitely an improvement over the previous 19 years, and these new molds be it SB’s, these or Military’s appear noticeably more accurate. Not perfect, but if these had been releasing the past 20 years I don’t think we’d have a lot of complaining about the 4’s.

I’ll probably grab one pair of these and double up on Military’s just because of the shape improvements. Open the floodgates on this mold as far as I’m concerned. Same with the 3’s now.

I'll take one pair please

Probably the only must have for me in 2024 from JB

Shouldn't be impossible since most people broke these days. That'll cut down on most of the "I need 4 pairs" people. They was everywhere during the stimmy days. They a rare species now.

Just gotta move smart and not depend on SNKRS

Last edited:
I get where you’re coming from, although I don’t think the shape has changed in most of the pics we’ve seen over the past couple months. Right now the only 4’s I have in my collection are AMMs, SBs and 2019 Breds.

I guess my take is that this model has been terrible ever since 2000. They’re uncomfortable, poorly shaped, often using poor quality leather (like the WCs). The 2019 mold is definitely an improvement over the previous 19 years, and these new molds be it SB’s, these or Military’s appear noticeably more accurate. Not perfect, but if these had been releasing the past 20 years I don’t think we’d have a lot of complaining about the 4’s.

I’ll probably grab one pair of these and double up on Military’s just because of the shape improvements. Open the floodgates on this mold as far as I’m concerned. Same with the 3’s now.

I don’t disagree with any of this. They’ve been bad since the 2000. I was taking what I can get with the 2019s and the same goes for these 2024s which are an upgrade imo rendering the 2019 useless to me. I do understand that I am a niche customer tho…

I’m probably the only one anticipating accurate netting on 4s. The little bumps at every intersection is ugly. I want the flat netting. But you know iiwii

I don’t disagree with any of this. They’ve been bad since the 2000. I was taking what I can get with the 2019s and the same goes for these 2024s which are an upgrade imo rendering the 2019 useless to me. I do understand that I am a niche customer tho…

I’m probably the only one anticipating accurate netting on 4s. The little bumps at every intersection is ugly. I want the flat netting. But you know iiwii
Best shape the Bred 4 has seen since '99

20240113_163803.jpg

These feel closer to an actual bred 4 than the 2019 pair tbh. It’s sad to say. The 2019 was a barely acceptable retro with tons of glaring flaws. These are looking like a great retro with just one big flaw.
What do you call the 2012s then? Lol

Those 99s 😍

I don’t have the money so I’ll sitting all releases out until I get a better job but I did notice the shoe still ain’t tall enough but something I just noticed the shape and angle of the netting is still off.

I thought they corrected it

I respect everyone who likes the buck version better, but side by side I just don't see how anyone can think it looks better than the leather version. I personally think it's strictly bc its what Mike wore. The leather version looks insanely premium.

I respect everyone who likes the buck version better, but side by side I just don't see how anyone can think it looks better than the leather version. I personally think it's strictly bc its what Mike wore. The leather version looks insanely premium.

That leather just throws it off for me. Like, yes, the shoe looks good.......but not great. That buck material (when done right and not used with that cheap buck JB has tried before) just makes the shoe flow esthetically better. Leather does give it a more premium look (hopefully the leather is good quality), which is why it's called reimagined. They gave us this a few years ago with the black version of the motorsports......and those didn't go over well.

Back
Top Bottom