Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

One thing we can all probably get behind, a dope OG J4 tee!

Attachments

• 20240115_094011.jpg
    20240115_094011.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240115_094013.jpg
    20240115_094013.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240115_094017.jpg
    20240115_094017.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240115_094024.jpg
    20240115_094024.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 20240115_094039.jpg
    20240115_094039.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 806
s-l1600 (33).jpg

Anyone remember this original? Literally my first Jordan.

Yup! Finally scored a pair over a year ago! One of my favorite Js ever! The 7 is my favorite Jordan from the 1-10, by a landslide.

They were.

Playoff 7s were regular leather? I never saw that back in the day. Was it some alternate version?

One thing we can all probably get behind, a dope OG J4 tee!

Now THAT is for sure. I never understand why JB doesn’t re-release more OG gear instead of all the new crap it pumps out. I am still so pissssed I missed the OG IV shorts a few years back.

Playoff 7s were regular leather? I never saw that back in the day. Was it some alternate version?

Now THAT is for sure. I never understand why JB doesn’t re-release more OG gear instead of all the new crap it pumps out. I am still so pissssed I missed the OG IV shorts a few years back.
Read my edit. Youth size was leather as well with red toward the tongue. The mens sizes were all dura or nubuck. My foot size was right on the edge of that.

The nubuck/durabuk purists only love it so much because of the history of what Mike did in them first. Take away that aspect of the conversation, and if the original versions of the Black/cement 4,s and Metallic 5,s were all leather. Then everybody would be complaining about how bad it is for Nike to retro these shoes in Nubuck/Durabuk.

Im here for the reverse psychology that Nike and Jordan Brand is playing on all of us. People with an open mind, like myself, when it comes to fashion taste are loving this. It keeps the Brand going strong, but alot of elitists and purists are too close minded to peep game.

Get the shape back right, with Nike Air on the back, but switch to good or even better materials, but also switch up the materials to something that wasn't on the original that still looks good. But then satisfy the purists community by releasing certain models like Military 4,s or reimagined 3,s.

If they release a reimagined Black/Cement 3,s with a improved shape and thinner elephant print with Nike Air on the back while throwing the same materials on them that was on the original blk/cement 4,s and Metallic 5,s. Then everything that I just said will prove my point.

Because that will show that some people just don't like it because it wasn't on the original release, not because the original was version was better. Believe it or not, Nike and Jordan Brand have a tremendous marketing team at those offices. They study people's behaviors and what they like and how to sell shoes. They could basically sell us a better quality shoe right now than the original version.

But the purists wouldn't know it, simply because of slight changes that were made to a specific model. Think about this, we're at a stage with better shapes with nike air on the back, and people are still complaining. But i remember alot of people still buying those garbage 2004 to 2012 releases with jumpmans and bananas shapes with no hesitation in site.

Once they take away the Nike Air off of the tongue and off of the back of certain og models in the future, while going back to horrible shapes. Then y'all are going to reminisce and wish that we were back in these days, WATCH.

The nubuck/durabuk purists only love it so much because of the history of what Mike did in them first. Take away that aspect of the conversation, and if the original versions of the Black/cement 4,s and Metallic 5,s were all leather. Then everybody would be complaining about how bad it is for Nike to retro these shoes in Nubuck/Durabuk.

Im here for the reverse psychology that Nike and Jordan Brand is playing on all of us. People with an open mind, like myself, when it comes to fashion taste are loving this. It keeps the Brand going strong, but alot of elitists and purists are too close minded to peep game.

Get the shape back right, with Nike Air on the back, but switch to good or even better materials, but also switch up the materials to something that wasn't on the original that still looks good. But then satisfy the purists community by releasing certain models like Military 4,s or reimagined 3,s.

If they release a reimagined Black/Cement 3,s with a improved shape and thinner elephant print with Nike Air on the back while throwing the same materials on them that was on the original blk/cement 4,s and Metallic 5,s. Then everything that I just said will prove my point.

Because that will show that some people just don't like it because it wasn't on the original release, not because the original was version was better. Believe it or not, Nike and Jordan Brand have a tremendous marketing team at those offices. They study people's behaviors and what they like and how to sell shoes. They could basically sell us a better quality shoe right now than the original version.

But the purists wouldn't know it, simply because of slight changes that were made to a specific model. Think about this, we're at a stage with better shapes with nike air on the back, and people are still complaining. But i remember alot of people still buying those garbage 2004 to 2012 releases with jumpmans and bananas shapes with no hesitation in site.

Once they take away the Nike Air off of the tongue and off of the back of certain og models in the future, while going back to horrible shapes. Then y'all are going to reminisce and wish that we were back in these days, WATCH.

I like it mainly because it looks better. But of course there’s the element of it being what the originals were. That’s also kinda the whole point. Especially for those of us who had the OGs. Taken to the natural extreme, you could say that if the Flight 89 had been the Jordan IV, then way more people would like and care about it than they do now. So what?
The good news is, the upcoming nubuck BC IIIs will be better than the OGs :lol:

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that the majority of everybody in here, is just complaining just to be complaining, to get Niketalk more traffic for something to just talk about out of boredom? Because we all know that we'll get what we want from Nike eventually, because seeing releases such as the Military's 4,s and the last White/Fire Red 5,s Black/Metallic 5,s have shown us that.

But it doesn't matter, because im sure that you all can find certain flaws in those releases too. So my point is that it doesn't matter if they release a 1 of 1 retro with perfection, because the majority of yall wouldn't even know it. Yall just love complaining. They could release a retro with perfect shape and height, and I bet the majority of people would still complain about something about the shoe.

Also, I've been here for every release since this entire thing started back in the 1980,s.

So what you're saying is that the majority of everybody in here, is just complaining just to be complaining, to get Niketalk more traffic for something to just talk about out of boredom? Because we all know that we'll get what we want from Nike eventually, because seeing releases such as the Military's 4,s and the last White/Fire Red 5,s Black/Metallic 5,s have shown us that.

But it doesn't matter, because im sure that you all can find certain flaws in those releases too. So my point is that it doesn't matter if they release a 1 of 1 retro with perfection, because the majority of yall wouldn't even know it. Yall just love complaining. They could release a retro with perfect shape and height, and I bet the majority of people would still complain about something about the shoe.

Also, I've been here for every release since this entire thing started back in the 1980,s.

I think people on here just like to talk about shoes. The average person wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between ogs and 2012s. But this is NT. Where else can us sneaker nerds really get into the weeds? t’s not a bad thing to point out flaws or to give your opinion on something as drastic as a material switch.

These are looking to be a great shoe. They absolutely don’t replace the original for me though because I like the flat black look of the og vs the shiny faux tumbled leather on these.

I will admit that it’s tough to separate nostalgia from aesthetics and perhaps if the og was leather then my preference would be different. It is what it is though. I’ll take these over the other 95 pairs of outlet fodder releasing every other day throughout 2024.

My point being, is that it doesn't matter how good of a retro the shoe is, people are still going to complain. Look at the Military 4,s coming out, that's almost a perfect retro when it comes to the shape and how they look. Could it be a little bit better, yes, but we're never going to get the same EXACT shoe as it was released back in the 1980,s. Materials, workers, the manufacturing skills are just completely different from back then to right now.

It's as if we were to start getting retro cars being made today from the 1970,s and 1980,s. No matter how good they come out, Im sure that every detail in the parts wouldn't be 100% the same as the original car models. That's why it's funny seeing people complain about a almost a perfect retro like the military 4,s nowadays.

You can complain all day about the little subtle nuances all you want, but we all know that we're not going to get a retro that looks that close to the original no time in the future. Hell, there's people complaining about the shade of blue being used on them. But alot of people don't know that they're using the original shade of blue from original release for this release.

That's due to the bad batch of retros that we've gotten a few years ago. People don't even know when Nike is actually getting it right, because they're quick to complain for the sake of just complaining.

My point being, is that it doesn't matter how good of a retro the shoe is, people are still going to complain. Look at the Military 4,s coming out, that's almost a perfect retro when it comes to the shape and how they look. Could it be a little bit better, yes, but we're never going to get the same EXACT shoe as it was released back in the 1980,s. Materials, workers, the manufacturing skills are just completely different from back then to right now.

It's as if we were to start getting retro cars being made today from the 1970,s and 1980,s. No matter how good they come out, Im sure that every detail in the parts wouldn't be 100% the same as the original car models. That's why it's funny seeing people complain about a almost a perfect retro like the military 4,s nowadays.

You can complain all day about the little subtle nuances all you want, but we all know that we're not going to get a retro that looks that close to the original no time in the future. Hell, there's people complaining about the shade of blue being used on them. But alot of people don't know that they're using the original shade of blue from original release for this release.

That's due to the bad batch of retros that we've gotten a few years ago. People don't even know when Nike is actually getting it right, because they're quick to complain for the sake of just complaining.
I don’t see any harm in complaining about what can be improved when we know they watch this forum.

I come and go from threads like this because I’m realistic and it’s confusing at times seeing so much more constant complaining about little stuff when in 2012 there was way less of it here for a much worse shoe. It does get old. At a certain point (say your 200th complaint about a retro) it gets old to everyone else.

But we’re all much older and probably complain about stuff more in general and are pickier about what we like and buy in our 30’s-50’s vs teens to early 30’s.

Back
Top Bottom