Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_1995.jpeg

What? Nahhh. I’m not buying homemade J’s just cause they look like the OGs. The company getting it right is what matters, not some schlub re-making them in his mom’s basement.

I get that but I don’t owe any brand any type of loyalty. I want what I want the way I want it. And in this hypothetical scenario a 1:1 og 4 is being presented to me. Im taking it idgaf about what yall or anyone else says. If the fake factory was pumping out 1:1 4s with no flaws and flat netting I’d have a pair.

IMG_1993.gif
Nike is/was literally contracting manufacturing companies in china to make fakes versions of their most iconic shoes. I’ll take a craft project pair that actually gets the details right any day.

What? Nahhh. I’m not buying homemade J’s just cause they look like the OGs. The company getting it right is what matters, not some schlub re-making them in his mom’s basement.
I‘ll definitely be buying the handmade version. And yes because I want what MJ wore or as close to it as possible. THAT IS THE POINT. If the brand that makes the official shoe cant get it right and hasnt cared to get it right for 22 years, why am I giving them my money for a lesser product? I’m not. Plus, the Person making the shoe isnt a schlub. It takes a high skill set to learn how to do it and then be consistent with it over time to make money at it. And the time investment in that skill set lets me know that person cares more about his product than JB cares about theirs. If JB handmade their Jordan’s, they’d sell for double or triple what that schlub charges for them. Every company that provides a great product, at some point, has the option to sellout. We KNOW JB sold out and has only cared about the money. I dont agree with that sentiment and therefore have bought very few release products be it retros or otherwise. We know where JB sits when it comes to valuing its own product…

So the consensus for the SB/new shape is to go TTS compared to the regular shape? Wondering if I should go for my TTS or half size up like I've done with 4s.

I went tts on my sbs and they fit perfectly when I tried them on before I put them back in storage. There's a little more room compared to the AMM IVs

I‘ll definitely be buying the handmade version. And yes because I want what MJ wore or as close to it as possible. THAT IS THE POINT. If the brand that makes the official shoe cant get it right and hasnt cared to get it right for 22 years, why am I giving them my money for a lesser product? I’m not. Plus, the Person making the shoe isnt a schlub. It takes a high skill set to learn how to do it and then be consistent with it over time to make money at it. And the time investment in that skill set lets me know that person cares more about his product than JB cares about theirs. If JB handmade their Jordan’s, they’d sell for double or triple what that schlub charges for them. Every company that provides a great product, at some point, has the option to sellout. We KNOW JB sold out and has only cared about the money. I dont agree with that sentiment and therefore have bought very few release products be it retros or otherwise. We know where JB sits when it comes to valuing its own product…

When I said this about the handmade 1s, they told me I was wildin :lol:

just because they corrected the shape just now in 2024 doesn’t erase 20 years of gross negligence. Then they throw out a gimmick with the most beloved colorway. Yeah I’m WAITING for some independent contractor to come in and do things right. Too bad I don’t like ones or I might be looking at those custom 85s people are talking about

I don’t love Jordan brand. I love the amalgamation of Tinker Hatfields designs brought to life on court with Michael Jordan’s game.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but there’s no reality where some schmuck is producing 1:1 89’s. But to me… Tinker Hatfield and MJ ARE 80’s Nike. So if it ain’t coming from Nike it’s a non-starter to what the product actually is.

What’s unfortunate is that Nike is not shooting for the secret sauce now cause they’re comfy sitting on billions. There was a hunger to break barriers and wow people with designs like this. That WAS Nike. So to me that aspect of it is missing. Tinker Hatfield ain’t running his own design studio in 89. He needs Nike. Jordan isn’t bigger than Nike by 89. So a lot of things really tie down to the existence of this shoe and everything that led to it being a Nike product.

And I assume that’s why others are also disappointed with retros having the same lack of ambition most of the company has. Jordan Brand is a division of Nike, but its culture isn’t some anomaly. Nike may sell more shoes than ever, but the essence of what made it great is a burning wick.

Some of these cats so loyal to JB that they copped them trash remimagined royals lol
Don't do that brother... Copping any of these "reimagined" joints makes us suckas. Don't just single out one release. JB getting over on all of us and we're all compliant in enabling them.

Don't do that brother... Copping any of these "reimagined" joints makes us suckas. Don't just single out one release. JB getting over on all of us and we're all compliant in enabling them.
3s are the exception, and you know why.

I‘ll definitely be buying the handmade version. And yes because I want what MJ wore or as close to it as possible. THAT IS THE POINT. If the brand that makes the official shoe cant get it right and hasnt cared to get it right for 22 years, why am I giving them my money for a lesser product? I’m not. Plus, the Person making the shoe isnt a schlub. It takes a high skill set to learn how to do it and then be consistent with it over time to make money at it. And the time investment in that skill set lets me know that person cares more about his product than JB cares about theirs. If JB handmade their Jordan’s, they’d sell for double or triple what that schlub charges for them. Every company that provides a great product, at some point, has the option to sellout. We KNOW JB sold out and has only cared about the money. I dont agree with that sentiment and therefore have bought very few release products be it retros or otherwise. We know where JB sits when it comes to valuing its own product

It can’t get any better than what you said. Facts facts

So let’s just say that Jordan is dropping another Jordan IV “bred” that is basically the 2019, same shape and materials. Now let’s say someone has basically reverse engineered the 1989…they are making a handmade bred IV that has the shape and almost identical material to the original IV. These are available for purchase made to order.

With the cost not being an issue, everyone is a baller on NT, which product are you consuming? The JB product or the independent version

So let’s just say that Jordan is dropping another Jordan IV “bred” that is basically the 2019, same shape and materials. Now let’s say someone has basically reverse engineered the 1989…they are making a handmade bred IV that has the shape and almost identical material to the original IV. These are available for purchase made to order.

With the cost not being an issue, everyone is a baller on NT, which product are you consuming? The JB product or the independent version?
I would take the better version (closest to OG) any day because that’s what im paying for, Not the ones that who can’t get it right for how many decades.

In an ideal world, I’d buy up every release I want with no issues whatsoever. But these have grown on me so much over the last few months. Just not sure if I’ll take them over MB4s in May.

I’m torn.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but there’s no reality where some schmuck is producing 1:1 89’s. But to me… Tinker Hatfield and MJ ARE 80’s Nike. So if it ain’t coming from Nike it’s a non-starter to what the product actually is.

What’s unfortunate is that Nike is not shooting for the secret sauce now cause they’re comfy sitting on billions. There was a hunger to break barriers and wow people with designs like this. That WAS Nike. So to me that aspect of it is missing. Tinker Hatfield ain’t running his own design studio in 89. He needs Nike. Jordan isn’t bigger than Nike by 89. So a lot of things really tie down to the existence of this shoe and everything that led to it being a Nike product.

And I assume that’s why others are also disappointed with retros having the same lack of ambition most of the company has. Jordan Brand is a division of Nike, but its culture isn’t some anomaly. Nike may sell more shoes than ever, but the essence of what made it great is a burning wick.
But isnt that the point? That the 80’s are over and you cant go back in time? So, someone has to do something if the brand itself wont. And someone will and people have. Those “schlubs” and “schmucks” took that passion for a sneaker and started learning how to make them or sole swap or whatever to get to the product they truly desire because JB cant reproduce it themselves.

Disagree that Nike was bigger than MJ in 89. Nike only exists today because MJ sold multiple millions of pairs of jordan 1’s. Without MJ, nike wouldn’t even exist today. Before MJ, nike was being outsold by Reebok. Think about that.

Agreed that a huge part of what made Nike great back in the day no longer exists. It’s tough to see the rise with all the Weiden & Kennedy marketing And the downfall today where JB/Nike just seed “influencers” shoes on social media. Thats abysmal Compared to what we used to experience with nike when they used to be so innovative.

I think it’s very interesting that Tinker Hatfield decided to use Durabuck on the OGs.

…it seems wildly out of left field when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom